Chapter 15 ~ You Love Me, You Like Her

Ashton's POV

As I sit on the floor with Sofia's arms and legs tangled up with mine, I suddenly remember someone that I had forgotten about.

Cassie.

My girlfriend.

Oops?

It wasn't like she was easily forgettable or anything like that, it was just that I had been transported back to my high school years where Sofia was my one girl.

I was transformed back into single Ashton who still loved Sofia with all his heart whereas in reality I was Ashton-with-a-girlfriend who still loved Sofia with part of his heart.

"Sofia?" I whisper, softly.

"Yes," she whispers at a similar volume.

"I have a girlfriend."

She leaps away from me.

"WHAT!?" She yells, her face shocked with an expression of horror and disbelief.

"Yeah..." I say, unsure of what to say to her. She turns to the boys (who are now on floor level) and screams:

"You knew! You knew all along that nothing would come from this!?" Surprisingly, Luke steps forward;

"Of course we knew - that's why we agreed, Ashton and you would get closure, you would see that he had moved on and he would see that you had moved on."

"But I haven't moved on..." She sighs heavily.

"You have a BOYFRIEND." snarls Michael

"Yeah, but I still love Ash."

"Wait." I interrupt, "You make me feel guilty because I have a girlfriend but you have a boyfriend? How does that work?"

"But I still love you, Ash. I'd break up with him for you." She says, Michael scoffs slightly and even she doesn't sound too sure about it.

It's on the tip of my tongue to say that I would do the same for her but I know it's a lie. I may love Sofia but I still like Cass, a lot. And so I tell Sofia this. She scowls, but I guess that knowing that I still love her is enough for now and part of me thinks that she strongly likes her new boyfriend.

"We should go." I say, looking at the other boys. They nod in agreement. I smile at Sofia and give her a friendly hug goodbye.

I have to admit it's good to be the one to walk away, and I partly wanted to get away from the memories.

But mainly, I just wanted to see Cassie - I kind of miss her. And I know it may not seem like it with all the things I've said about Sofia and wanting her back but honestly that was just me missing what we had but it's something I think that I could have with Cassie. What I missed having with Sofia, I think I can find in mine and Cassie's relationship, I'm pretty sure that we can find love. A love that lasts.

Sofia's POV

He loves me.

He likes her.

He loves me still...

But he likes her...

I love him.

But I like Drew as well.

What a mess.

A/N

OOOOO...PLOT TWIST?!

I bet you all just thought that they would confess their love for each other and live happily ever after.

So what do you think? Should they just move on? Or give it another shot? Let me know in the comments!

The song today is 7 Things by Miley Cyrus. Takes you back to the good old days...

Please vote and comment.

abbie xxxxxxxxx