Chapter 7 ~ Say You're Sorry, That Face Of An Angel

"I'm sorry about yesterday," says Sofia, her beautifully angelic face displaying feelings of remorse and despair. "Is there any way I can, I dunno, make it up to you?"

"Oh, I don't know," I say flirtatiously, "You could always come see that new film with me?"

"Urm, okay. Yeah."

"Yeah?" I ask again, just to make sure. "It's a date, then?"

"It's a date." She smiles, raising her perfectly arched eyebrows and smirking at me. "And Ash! I didn't mean what I said."

"I know, Sof, I know!" I insist. I laugh over my shoulder as we head in separate directions to our next lessons.

After this you see me sat on a wall next to the other boys, Luke's hair appears to be shimmering in the sunlight and I'm not even sure why I am noticing that but the footage here is excellent, and although it sounds seriously creepy it's like someone filmed me and Sofia like a stalker.

We on for tonight? Words type themselves onto the screen because you can not see my phone screen.

I dunno. replies Sofia, helpfully.

It wasn't really a question.

No?

It was a statement.

Oh.

So, tonight?

I guess I don't have much choice.

See you at eight.

See ya.

And I was being honest, even now, years later I still feel tiny butterflies grazing the inside of my stomach with their presence, the tiny wings tickling every inch of flesh inside me. Cool shivers run down my spine slightly and I feel like some hopelessly romantic teenage girl. I guess I just liked Sofia quite a bit.

Eight o'clock comes around really quickly because the rest of my day has been cropped and played at twice the speed I do everything in. By eight I am stood at the doors to the cinema, waiting for Sofia. I'm dressed in some ripped skinny jeans and I white vest with a million bracelets covering my strangely bony wrists. On my feet I have some typically Ashton lace up black boots.

"Hey, Ash!" calls Sofia.

"Hi." I say, short and sweet...not because I'm socially awkward or anything.

"TWINS!!!" She screams pointing wildly at us, I don't pay too much attention to her actions, I'm too busy noticing how good she looks in ripped skinny jeans and a baggy white singlet style vest and black lace up shoes. Ooooooohhhhh, twins.

"Hahaha, yeah, we look like twins." I laugh about ten minutes after her exclamation.

"Took you awhile." She says, quite dryly.

"Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention to what you were talking about."

"Oh, what we're you paying attention to, then?" She laughs

"Urm. Nothing." I say, I honestly don't remember being so socially awkward, I swear I was more forward than this instead  I was acting like a thirteen year old on his first date.

"So, what shall we watch?" asks Sofia breaking the sudden silence that had settled between us.

"I was thinking The Hunger Games?"

"Oh, I was thinking The Perks Of Being A Wallflower?" contradicts Sofia. "Oo, or what about What To Expect When You're Expecting?"

"Urm, I guess I don't mind."

"Perks Of Being A Wallflower, then?"

"Urm, yeah?" I sigh.

We watched it.

I remember that night.

Sofia cried.

I didn't cry. Much.

I held her when she cried, her blonde hair spread across my chest. I can recall looking down at her and thinking to myself, she could do better than you, but she picked you, don't let her go Ashton. Don't loose this one. I should have listened to my own advice.

A/N

y

I know this is short but believe me it will get better soon but I've got exams coming up so I can't update every night/ every other night like I used to so please bear with me? Abbie. xxxxx

And also go follow my bestie kayb00 because she's sooooooooooo amazing....