Chapter 14 ~ When I Look At You

"ASHTON IRWIN!!" yells Michael, "GET OUT OF YOUR BED RIGHT NOW!"

I groan and roll over onto my other side, covering my ears with my bed sheets. I don't know how long I've been like this, hiding away from the world. I've lost all knowledge and concept of time. I think it's been a week of this torture, waking up and walking around the house like a ghost, the same thing day in day out. I get lunch at exactly 12, I go back to sleep until 7, when I'll order a pizza. Then it's just back to sleep again.

Michael starts tugging on the covers and shaking me viciously. All while yelling at me to wake up. After a lot of violence and shouting, probably waking up half the neighbourhood, I'm up and listening to Michael's speech about facing the world and all that motivational shit that people say to make you do stuff.

I can't deny the fact that I did indeed listen to that motivational shit that Michael said and so in the end, after week off, I went back to school

Worst decision ever.

The second I walked into the corridor, I felt the eyes shooting daggers at me. Everyone, shooting daggers. At me?

I guess I'd forgotten just how popular and well liked Sofia was. And now everyone thought that I had cheated on her with the school bitch.

Great.

By the time lunch had come around, I was well past ready to leave. Yes, I was going home. I was doing what they wanted but I'd never felt so small before, I had never felt so low, so rock bottom. So worthless.

I'd seen Sofia once but her entourage of friends caught me looking and sent me looks that just said, look at her and you die. So I looked away.

I couldn't stay here, I couldn't see her around and yet not be with her. So I picked up my stuff, I wasn't coming back. So I got everything, my spare drumsticks that I kept in one of the music rooms. My gym bag from my locker, some folders that I'd left in a classroom. I was ready to leave and never come back. I never wanted to show my face here again.

I began to walk away from my locker, I make it to the school entrance and no one's noticed. I step out into the fresh air, inhaling the sweet scent of freedom. In the distance I see a blonde figure opening the gates. Oh look, she has the same school bag as Sofia, that electric blue handbag I bought her for her birthday.

Wait.

What?

"Ashton!" someone yells. I turn to see who it is, meaning that I loose sight if the blonde. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Michael shouts.

"I can't stay, I just can't cope with the looks, the whispers. I didn't do anything!"

"So? You just have to ignore it, shake it off. The haters are gonna hate, Ash! People love her!"

"She's gone." I whisper

"Huh?"

"Sofia left. It was her."

"Sofia's left? Left school?"

I just nod.

"Then you need to stay. People'll come round."

I nod again.

It feels like a strange place to stop but in away it's also right. The credits start to roll and a song starts to play. It's When I Look At You, it's our song. That song that she would play on repeat, it's probably the only Miley Cyrus song that I will ever have on my phone. And it's probably the only Nicholas Sparks book I'll ever read and then watch the movie but love does that to you. Love makes you read sloppy romance books just because your girlfriend told you to and love makes you watch the film adaptation with her. Love makes you do some crazy things but in the end its always worth it.

(start playing video on the side)

Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
A beautiful melody, when the night's so long
'Cause there is no guarantee, that this life is easy

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no, light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I, I look at you

When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth
You love me for who I am like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you

"Ash, look up." whispers Michael beside me and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Sofia'sPOV

It's my time now.

I step out from where I've been hidden. My eyes latch onto my golden haired angel.

He looks so different but he's still the same boy I fell in love with.

"Sofia?" he says but he's too far away so I can only see his lips shaping my name.

He stands up and begins to clamber over the seats in front of him. He's just the same, never one to make it easy for himself, he scrambles over the tops of the seats until he reaches the floor.

I'm still far enough away and so we break into a run. I throw my self around him, and we hug until the point where we are sat on the floor together.

Just how it should be.

A/N

Hey guys! What do you think??

Let me know in the comments.

The gif in the side is of Jack Harries and his girlfriend Ella but that's how Sofia and Ashton hug. Isn't it just the cutest. Probably the cutest video on the WHOLE of YouTube.

And OMG, also, Taylor Swift's new song. Shake It Off???!!!!! Her new album is going to be all pop and I don't know how to feel. But I'm loving Shake It Off sooooo.....

VOTE!!! And it's thanks to @Live_Magical who reminded me that I should probably update. So I dedicated this to her because she left me a nice comment and voted!!? Doesn't get much better than that!