Chapter 21 ~ Hitting Every Red Light, Kissing At The Stop Signs

GUYS YOU GOT ME TO 2K AND I DON'T KNOW HOW. I WAS JUST WAITING FOR MY FAKE TAN TO DRY AND I JUST THOUGHT I'D CHECK MY PROFILE AND SEE HOW THIS BOOK WAS DOING COS I KNEW I WAS CLOSE.

BUT ANYWAYS. I just want to say if you're reading this and I haven't updated in a few days it's because I'm trying to make  it good.

READ THIS!! I only have two days left and then I'm back to school and I'm going into my first year of GCSEs so daily/nearly daily updates are not a guarantee please understand this, not that I think anyone particularly waits for me to update but if you do...that's why.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Ashton's POV

I called Michael a least 10 times tonight and not once did he pick up. Now yes, he likes to sleep but I know him, and the earliest he ever goes to bed is 10. And it's 8.

Not only that but he also spends a lot of his time awake on his phone. He's honestly the fastest text backer and answers his phone without fail after at the most two rings. So the fact that I know he isn't asleep but isn't answering his phone should worry me. But it doesn't because I have a fairly good idea as to where he is and I honestly couldn't care, I'm happy for him and Sofia.

Cassie comes to sit by me and I throw my arm over her shoulder and pull her into me. Holding her close.

"Ash, you're squishing me!" she whines, with a joking undertone in her voice. I laugh and squeeze even tighter. "Ash, stop!" she giggles kicking me with her bare feet. I laugh even louder but loosen my grip, she lets out a sigh of relief and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Shall we do something?" I ask.

"Sure."  She agrees, she's always been like that, open to all suggestions, spontaneous, a little crazy.

"C'mon," I say grabbing her hand and pulling her onto her feet, she wearing a giraffe onesie and is looking very cute while I'm dressed in my my little pony t-shirt and ripped skinnies.

"Where we going?" She asks,

"Surprise." I reply, shortly.

"What should I wear?" She prods.

"Stay how you are."

She raises her arched eyebrows and rolls her eyes slightly before grabbing her white converse. I lace up my black vans and have to laugh at our reflection in the full length mirror in her hallway. We look ridiculous, me less so, but still together we look crazy.

I take her keys from the glass dish on the table position near her door. I'm driving her car tonight because I like driving it, it looks stupid I know, a drummer in a punk pop band driving around in a mint fiat 500 but it looks good with my top.

I put the key in the ignition and I drive. We turn the radio on loud and roll all the windows down, the midnight breeze blowing Cass's lilac hair. We're laughing but we don't know why, smiling about nothing. Singing wordlessly along to the songs on the radio. I know where I'm driving to but I'm not paying much attention to the road.

We hit the curb a few times but it only makes us laugh harder. I have to stop the car at one point because  tears are streaming down my face and I'm laughing so hard I can't open my eyes fully.

I'm not a reckless driver, I'm just a little bit in crazy love.

No, in crazy like. I'm crazy in like with Cass...not love, I don't want to go to fast. I did with Sofia and look how that worked out.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

After an eventful ride, in which I managed to have to stop four times because I couldn't breathe from laughing about absolutely nothing, we arrived.