Chapter 3 ~ Should've Said No

"Ash, are coming to practise today?" Luke calls down the corridor at my retreating figure.

"Of course!" I yell over my shoulder in his vague direction.

"See ya!" he shouts and I can hear the change of tone in his voice, he sounds happier.

The next shot is of Sofia running down the same corridor to meet me, her long blonde hair flowing behind, the footage isn't as clear as the other footage, more like the quality of a video taken by a phone. There's some text written across it like a caption; it's not easy to make out but I think it says 'someone's happy to see you, Ash.'

Sofia jumps energetically on top of me making me drop my books so I can wrap my arms around her waist. There are people laughing in the background and I'm pretty sure Michael filmed this as I can hear his laugh coming through the speakers.

"We going to the hill again tonight." Sofia whispers in my ear.

"I can't, Sofs. I've got band practise."

"Oh, please, Ashy." She begs me.

"I would if I could but this is important."

"More important than me?" She asks in an offended tone.

"No!" I almost yell.

"Then why won't you come?"

"How about I go to band practise and THEN we go to the hill a bit later?"

"OKAY!" She cries, satisfied.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I crash my drumsticks down for one final note, we sound really good.

"Okay guys, I'm going now." I announce, my face splashed across the screen.

"What?" yells Calum. "You've only been here for half an hour?!"

"Yeah, well I promised Sofia I'd meet her at eight o'clock. I HAVE to go, now."

Michael looks disappointed, his eyes clouding over with sadness. I watch and have a very strong urge to grab on-screen-Ashton around the throat and squeeze very, very hard. I'm so stupid, I give everything up for a girl.

I grab my jacket off the hook before walking out leaving three boys with slumped shoulders behind.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

I'm not in the next scene. It's just Luke, Cal and Mikey.

"I don't know." Luke sighs "Maybe it is time to find a new drummer?"

"What, and get rid of Ash?" questions Mikey

"Yeah." Luke admits remorsefully.

"He's just happy, though." Mikey defends. "Sofia makes him happy."

"We used to make him happy, Mikey. Just being best friends with us and music used to be enough for him but not even music can compete with Sofia."

I slump in my seat watching the scene play out. I never knew, never thought that they would even consider getting a new drummer. I had always thought that throughout my relationship with Sofia that they had always known I would come around. I didn't think that they might ever doubt me, this film was an eye opener for me. I was learning things about my own life that I didn't know.

"Maybe we should make flyers or something, then." sighs Calum regretfully.

"What, like new drummer wanted? No, Cal, advertising too harsh. We need to tell Ash and then start looking." reasons Mikey. It appears that I have Michael to thank for the fact that I'm still the drummer in 5SOS. It's strange listening to your friends giving up on you, it's definitely not something I want to go through again.

If only Sofia hadn't have asked me.

If only I hadn't have said yes.

I should've said NO.