Chapter 22 ~ In Happiness With You

Michael's POV

Something's changed in Ashton.

He's happier. Louder. In an all round better disposition.

I know why. He's found happiness with Acacia and he's admitted it to himself.

He may not have told me this himself but as his best friend, I can tell.

My thoughts are broken by a sharp knocking on the door of my flat. I open it to find Acacia there.

"Hi." She says, looking worried. "Are you alone?"

"Yeah." I reply, unsure of what she wants.

"Can I come in?"

"Suure." I drag out after a split second of hesitation. I pull the door further open to let her in.

She seats herself on a comfy canvas sofa that I bought second hand from someone's back garden for the reasonable price of $20. It's lasted me pretty well so far.

"AshsaidhelovedmeandIsaiditbackbutI'mnotsureifhemeantitandwhatshouldIdo?" blurts out Acacia.

"Huh?" I say, helpfully, all I got was 'what should I do?'. She takes a deep breath, and gives it another shot.

"Ash said he loved me and I said I  back but I'm not sure if he really meant it."

"Acacia, Ash doesn't  just throw those three little words around, he's been in love before and he knows the damage it can do. He wouldn't lie about loving someone, if he says he loves you then he loves you. He knows what love feels like so if he says it's love then it's the real thing." I don't know if that's what Acacia wanted to hear.

"Thanks, Mikey." She says, a huge smile lighting up her face, "I really hoped he meant it, I figured he would but I didn't want to just assume. I needed to know."

"Bye, Acacia." I say as she reaches the door. She laughs under her breath and turns to face me:

"Mikey, you don't have to call me Acacia every time you say my name. Just call me Cass, like the others." I nod at her but honestly I'm not sure if I'll take her up on her demand. I don't know why Ash calls her Cass it's nothing like A - kay - sha. Where is the Cass in that?

She never told us why he called her that she just said that Ash made it up and that was that, while Luke and Cal called her Cass, I never could. I wanted to know where it came from.

Guys this is just a little early upload but I have something to say: IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY CASS IS CALLED CASS THEN READ ON.

I'm writing a short story called ACACIA and it will be uploaded in October break so end of October, maybe early November. If you want it earlier then all I ask is for you to vote!! If I get 150 votes on this book before the 20th September then ACACIA MIGHT get uploaded earlier. BUT ONLY IF YOU VOTE!! Comment if you want it!! GUYS THAT'S ONLY 18 votes!!!! Is that a lot to ask for, really???