Chapter Four

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Did you find your daddy?" Jinji asked, clutching the small puppy plushie with a yellow jacket, he have been favored this plushy since June gave it to home on his first birthday. June jumped in the bench in defeat whilst pouting as if someone stoled her candy.

"Nope! They ignore me...." She mumbled while crossing her small arms. They drove all the way to  the park and as soon as they arrived June immediately ran to some random person she found appealing and good for her mommy, but some would ignore and some would just give her a smile.

"Me too.... I not found my daddy too" Jinji followed June's movements, pouting, sitting on the bench and crossing his hands.

"Your daddy is in New York, where here to find June's daddy" June re-correct making Jinji's mouth to form a large O. Silly him, now wonder he couldn't find his daddy anywhere. Ann walked towards them with three ice creams in her hands. One was vanilla flavor, mango flavor and the last one is chocolate. It made the kids cheer and hyper again.

"Yaayyy!!" They cheered as they each grabbed their favorite ice cream, June being chocolate and Jinji the mango.

"So any luck of finding your daddy miss June?" Ann asked guiding the children to the bench so that they could sit and eat their treats comfortable. June shook her head as she savour the taste of chocolate melting in her mouth.

"Nope. I'm gonna finish this ice cream fast so I could find daddy!" so June hurriedly licked her ice cream that she haven't noticed it tilting sideways. She soon gasp when the delicious thing fall on the green grass. Her eyes began to feel hot but she held it in. You're a big girl June.....don't cry.  She thought to herself while blinking her eyes so that she won't cry. 

"Do you want me to buy you one?" Ann asked making June to shook her head whilst standing up. She notice her swift of mood and it's obvious that the girl is upset.

"I'm going to buy it by myself aunty Ann! I'm a big girl now" before Ann could disapprove June Sprint to the small ice cream van digging some money out on her pockets, her mom gave her three yen to buy something she wants, so maybe spending it on another ice cream would be the little something. Ann still kept an eye on the girl happily sprinting to the bus.

As soon as she arrives at the bus, the worker immediately greeted her.

"Good morning little girl, what flavor do you want?" The ice cream man smiled while slowly leaning so that he could see June.

"I'm a big girl mister! But one chocolate ice cream for me please" she said earning a nod from the ice cream man as he smile and scoop the order. While waiting June noticed someone sitting on the bench near the large three alone while looking up above the sky. The man seems sad to her perspective and she knows that talking to stranger would be a bad idea, but this man seem to be suffering a bad day.

"Uhm! Mr. Ice cream man, I want two chocolate ice cream please!" The said adult nodded and gave June two cone with one scoops of chocolate flavoed ice cream on each cone. Giving the three yen to the man while stretching her small hands  to grab his ice cream.

"What are you going to do with those ice creams?" The man asked making and the little girl  smile.

"I'm giving it to that sad man over there" she pointed the man by her lips, stretching it to point on the man's direction. The ice cream man awed to her generosity.

"I'm gonna give you one scoop for being a good big girl" the mister said, bending down while placing another scoop at the other cone, this made June even more happy.

"Thank you so much Ice cream man!" She waved, slowly and gently walked towards the sad man who hadn't move in his spot. She walked beside him causing the man slightly flinch.

"Hi sad man .... I noticed your sad, so I bought you an ice cream! My mommy that ice cream lifts mood" She smiled, stretching the ice cream that has one scoop towards the man who was looking at her confused, but he smiled nevertheless.

"thank you" he smiled, grabbing the chocolate ice cream and looking at the girl who was swinging her small feet back and forth at the bench, and  licking her ice cream while looking at the sky where the man was looking earlier. She wants to know what's so interesting at the blue skies that made the man to stare at it.

The mysterious man was shook and confused, the little girl looked like him, and the fact that she offered him an ice cream that the flavor was chocolate; his favorite out of no where. Was the myth of having 7 look alikes in the world true? Almost everything is like him when he was a baby.  Wow some messed up generations.

"Why are you sad, sad man?" The girl instantly asked when she finished eyeing the sky, and looked at the man who was wearing a jacket, hood on and jeans.

"Well ice cream girl, I lost someone so dearly to me and now I can't bring her back" he mumbled, licking the ice cream that the girl gave. He's surprise that he wasn't weirding out in the situation, talking to some unknown little girl, she could be a lost soul wanting his help or just a kid who ran from her parents.  But talking to her seems comfortable and complete? Did her parents even teacher her not to talk to strangers?

"Aw.... I'm sad too sad man, so that makes me a sad girl too" she pout, placing her feet on the bench so that she won't feel tired and turning her direction to the man.

"Why are you sad? " He asked frowning. He don't know why he felt like making this little girl the happiest kid in the world, or even the thought of her being sad makes him sad also. This girl doesn't deserve a inch of sadness.

"You see my mommy is lonely, and he doesn't have a daddy, so I promised myself that I found a daddy for mommy so he could make her happy" she shyly explained while finishing the first scoop of ice cream and some parts are starting to melt. 

"Ah, that must be sad.  Well you are a good girl since your helping you mom" he smiled, already finished the ice cream and the cone.

"Sad man, do you want to be my dad?"

─────────────────────

Double update because I'm on the mood