long day

I woke up to find a note on the nightstand, Kaitlyn woke me up and told me that Michael had left it.

-I'll be back at night-, I read on the hard paper, there was a small moth pinned to the paper. I found the detail cute, even if I felt bad for the poor animal, it was a nice way to adorn the note.

I decided to take advantage that Michael wasn't here to try and test my premonitions, my goal was to think about a person or a thing and to be able to see them, so I tried concentrating on Michael but the only image I could see were his hands pinning the moth to the paper, whatever, I'll try later.

"Breakfast is ready" told me Kaitlyn bursting into the bedroom.

"Thankyou" I told her eading down stairs.

Today breakfast looked a little interesting, it was some kind of porridge and a weird juice, and there was a cup of vitamins waiting or me, as everyday.

"Can someone please leave a new bag of cat food on my bedroom?" I asked the servants

"I'll do it" some guy said as he left his place in the corner of the dining room.

"Thanks" I shouted hoping that he could hear me.

As any other day down here I finished breakfast, went to practice, read a little, played with the cat and chated for a while with Kaitlyn until she had to leave.

I decided to practice some blood magic, now I remembered how to properly do it, and when I was getting everything ready someone knocked on my bedroom door, a little exasperated I asked who it was.

"It's me, Kaitlyn, there's a man at the gates that says he wants to see Michael" I didn't wanted to keep shouting through the door so she could hear, so I decided to stand up and talk to her.

"Just tell him that he is out" I told her like it wasn't obvious.

"He insists that he'll wait here until he gets back" she told me nervously moving her hands.

"Then let him in, I'll be down in a minute to greet him and wait with him until Michael is back" I sadi taking her hands to stop her from worrying.

She just nodded and headed down stairs. Great, the first time I was going to be able to practice blood magic in a long time and now I had to deal with some asshole.

I quickly checked myself on the mirror and then headed to the recivitor. It was taking a while to see him because he had to go through all the cleaning protocol before being allowed to actually come inside, so I waited for like five minutes, finally I could hear steps coming from the hallway.

"Good evening sir, I'm Diza" I told the man lowering my head a little and then I extended my hand for himt o shake it, but he kissed it instead. 

"Good evening dear, I'm jackson, a friend of Ariel and part of the Cooperative"

At the mention of Ariel I felt my pulse stop for a second but then I remembered not to give myself away, so I invited to the man to hang at the living room so we could talk.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked him politely, even if I wasn't really the pleasing Diza anymore it was useful to play the part, the more vulnerable man think you are the more stupid they act, and they are so easy to manipulate.

"Some tea would be okay" he said, so I just nodded for a servant to go and get it.

I sat on the opposite couch to him, maybe there wasn't that much space between us, but there was no way I was getting closer, this man was giving a strange vibe and I couldn't decipher what it was just yet.

Sinfulजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें