memory

Where am I?, there's a faint fog surrounding this place, I'm not sure what's happening... I can't remember anything either.

Some images rush through my head but I can't decipher them, I see blood, then I see me. I'm on the floor, people all standing around me and a sand clock has finished it's time. I see black, and a woman with a mohawk gives me a hug.

"I'm Michael"

"I'm Diza"

What? when did that happen?... the image changes quickly, now I'm a kid, I'm sitting at the table of my own house, we are giving thanks to god for gracing us with the food on our table. Mom? I tried reaching for her, but when I touched her the image banished. Now I'm at the funeral, the pain returns, I throw my cross necklace on the ground, for my faith to be buried with my dead parents. Now I came to know that they weren't even my parents. My aunt is calling for me.

"Why did you came back so late yesterday?" she asks me furiously shaking my arm.

"You don't even care! So keep your fake interest to yourself" I answer before shaking my arm away from her grasp.

I remember, I was 12 at the time, rebel, not believer, scared and angry with the world. My parents died when I was seven but I never forgot them, I always carried the anger and questioned why did they have to die and leave me with this horrible woman. 

"Welcome to the dark circle" A woman dressed in black with a red blood medallion tells me.

Now I'm sitting at the local library reading through any book about occultism I can find. Screams, this comes so fast, I can no longer register what I'm seeing.

We want to help you, please just come with us. "Zoe" I recognize her, she was one of the witches who took me to that academy.

It's dark and I'm running away from the school, when I'm four blocks away I get inside a car. 

"I thought you wouldn't come" someone tells me.

"You would've missed me too much Michael" I answer him before kissing him.

Michael? When did that happen? We look so young. I'm sitting at the table with Michael and some woman... Meade! wait.... do I know everyone?

The last image that came to me were the girls surrounding me, Anie, Jessica and the others from the school teasing me about just being a charity case.

"You can't even do magic"

"Shut up, I can do more than you" I tell her, Anie.

"Then show it, Cordelia claims to feel your power, that you come from a powerful witch bloodline. I don't think so, I think she's just being nice."

"I can do anything, I'm not afraid to prove it" 

"Then perform descensum" I knew it was risky and so did she, also no one had actually reunited to properly began the test so I knew this was dangerous, but I was reckless and couldn't give a fu*ck about myself at that time.

"Watch me, bi*ch" I told her as I laid on the floor.

They lit candles and stood in a circle around me. I chanted the spell and closed my eyes, but when I was about to pronounce the last word I felt someone slitting my throat. My soul was trapped between this world and hell, now I was back to the foggy place. 

"What is happening? hello?! Is someone here?" I shouted and shouted until I felt someone taking my hand, someone familiar.

I woke up startled trying to catch my breath, I was so confused. I could feel my memories coming back and my head hurt for trying to process so much. Suddenly I remembered what happened and I touched my neck, trying to find the cut, but there was nothing.