Chapter 101

Ariel

"This fucking traffic is pissing me off" I say looking at all 4 lanes full of cars. "How is this an okay for people?" I rhetorically ask.

"They used to that shit, you gotta know the back ways sometimes" Mila says. I have her on FaceTime.

"It's 9:30 in the morning, Lenox opens at 10, I'm trying to get in and out" I say.

"What you getting?" She asks. I shrug.

"I know what she likes so whatever matches that I'm picking up, plus that bitch got 4 floors so I got some walking to do" I say. "Text me what you want too"

"I got you, so let's go over everything, you got the ring ordered?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's at the mall, I got the reservations too" I say taking the car outta park as the cars in front of me start moving.

"How much you pay for the ring?" She asks.

"$759" I say laughing. "I had to cause she gone wear it for a few years till I actually propose to her ass" I add.

"Makes sense, I want all the details Ariel" She says.

"Okay" I say. Mia's name pops up and I look at Mila. "Mia's calling, let me call you back"

"Aight, bye best friend" She says. "Bye" I say. We hang up and I click over to Mia.

"Hey baby" I say looking at the road. I connect the phone to the Bluetooth and sit my phone in the cup holder.

"Hey" She says sounding like she just woke up. "Where are you?" She asks sounding like a little kid.

"I'm out getting some air, I thought I'd pick a few things up for Mila so I won't have to do it later, this traffic is gonna make me cuss somebody out" I answer.

"Yeah, you gotta leave early in the morning to beat it" She says. "Will you get me something from Victoria's Secret?" She asks.

"Yeah, you just getting up?" I ask.

"Yeah, Mari's loud ass is outside my door, Ty's still sleep" She says. I hear her shuffle around then I hear Mari's voice.

"What time you gone be back?" She asks.

"Uh...12" I say estimating. "At the earliest, what time should I be back?" I ask.

"Well we gotta go by Khyree's, then to my grandma's cause the kids get out around 3:10 and we'll probably be there till about 7-8" She says.

"Okay, I'll be back around 12:30" I say getting off at the exit. I look my map on my other iPhone and take the next turn.

"I love youuuuu" She says.

"I love you too" I say laughing. "I'll call you in a minute"

"Okay, I'm gonna go mess with Amari" She says.

"Aight" I say laughing.

I get to Lenox and mentally groan. Why the fuck is this shit so huge? I get out and walk in. My plan was to shop only for Tamia and Mila, but I do kind of need a few things from Versace and Gucci....so why not?

Tamia

"Grandma, she's coming by today" I say laughing. "The real question is are you cooking?" I ask.

"You know I am, everyone's coming too, we're excited" She says. "Why doesn't she smile?"

"You gotta ask her, we'll be by after we go see Khyree" I say.

"Okay, I gotta start on the cake, your cousins should be here shortly" She says making me roll my eyes.

"Tell Halo to keep her annoying ass back" I say. My grandma knows exactly how she can be.