Chapter 8

October 21, 2030
::Dre'Shawn Above

€Leilani€

I feel better now. I think I'ma start having us go back to church also.

Today Tay could get the metal brace of his knee, and wear a regular one, his knee has been doing good, but he still isn't playing basketball.

His physical therapist said the more he continues to walk on his own, at a steady pace, the faster his knee would heal. So to celebrate his knee getting better, L and I thought about having a get together at mama's house.

Mama liked the idea, BUT she said we had to invite my real mother, and my stepdad. Laysia wasn't a problem tho.

I finished giving Leah her bath, and wrapped her up in her Elsa towel. I picked her up, and took her to my room. I laid her on the bed, and went to get her some clothes.

I came back, put her Baby lotion on her, and put her in her underwear. I slid her into a t shirt, and sweatpants, just in case she spilled something on her.

I twisted her hair up, and let her go play. I slid on a paid of Leggings, and my Oreo 4's.

I walked downstairs and Trey, Von, Tay, and A.J. Were playing 2K on the Playstation.

"I'm going to get the girls from the mall" I said grabbing the keys to the Red Benz.

"Okay, can you make sure Ari got the jersey I wanted?" A.J. Asked.

"Yeah, and when I get back, this living room better be spotless" I said looking at the mess these niggas created.

"Yeah yeah" A.J. Said waving me off. I walked over and snatched his controller from him.

"Say something else, and you're gonna find a belt to your behind, try me" I said glaring at him.

"Sorry ma" He said.

"Mhm, matter of fact, cut the game off, and y'all clean up" I said. I put the controller on the couch, and walked out.

I picked the girls up, got us some ice, and some for Leah, and headed back to the house. It was only 2:20, and nobody planned on being at mama's house till around 6.

I walked back up to Lonte and I's room, and sat on the bed with my ice cream. I was trying to find a good tv show to watch, till Lonte walked out the damn bathroom being all loud.

"Yo babe, wher- ooh did you get me some ice cream?" He asked cutting hisself off.

"The ice cream palace, and where is what?" I asked.

"My Cool Grey 11's" He said. I shrugged. I don't keep track of his shit. "I swear yo ass ain't no help"

"Too bad I don't give a damn" I said back. I finished my ice cream, tossed it in the trash, and grabbed a towel.

"I'm going to get in the shower, when you get dressed, make sure the living room is clean" I said walking into the bathroom. I walked in, and walked right back out. "Damn it Alonte"

"What?" He asked.

"What did I tell you about spraying that damn axe on after you get out the shower?" I asked. He says he doesn't wanna smell bad at all, so once he gets done using his Body wash, he gets out, and sprays cologne on.

"I told you why I do that" He said.

"Nigga, we share a bathroom, fuck outta here with that, I would like to shower, without having to wear a damn gas mask" I said walking in and closing the door.