Chapter 107

Something Short and Simple. Book 3 coming real soon.
*
Ariel
I pace back and forth as I look at Tay's number. I roll my eyes and click his number before putting the phone up to my ear.

"What?" He answers.

"Chill, come by my place so we can talk" I say. "Like now"

"Whatever" He says hanging up. I toss my phone as Mia walks in with Gucci bags.

"I got you something" She says handing me on of the three bags.

I take it and look at the other two. "Who's are those?" I ask.

"Me and Ty's" She says walking further in the living room and sitting on the couch. I sit the bag on the arm of the couch and look through it.

I pull out a Black Gucci Logo shirt, some jeans and a Black Gucci belt. "Thanks" I say.

"You're welcome, half that shit there is ugly but I had to get you something" She says. "What you got planned for today?" She asks.

"I'm gonna talk to Tay then go to the gym with Mila, you wanna do something?" I ask.

"I wanna go to the movies and have pajama night" She says pouting. "Please"

"I can do that" I say smiling. My phone buzzes and I look at it. I see it's Tay asking which apartment is it. I reply back and Mia gets up.

"I'm gonna go take a nap, tell me how it goes" She says. She goes in the kitchen and grabs a pack of fruit snacks before heading into my room.

Somebody knocks on my door and I mute my tv. "Come in" I say.

Tay walks in and sits at the bar. "So what's up?" He asks.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday" I simply state. "And the other day, I was angry and outta line, I'm sorry" He rolls his eyes and slouches a bit.

"Okay" He says. "Is that all?" He asks.

"Nah, it's not" I say. "You wanna know why I act the way I do towards you?" I rhetorically ask. "It's cause you funny acting" I answer. "I got locked up and saw you twice and that was prison and jail put together, I saw everybody else every weekend and one day out the week, shit Mia was up there 5 days outta the week, then I hear you talking shit about her" I continue. "Now let's get to the main reason" I say laughing. "I called your phone everyday, about 6 times at different times cause I know you have school and a daughter to take care of, but when I'm calling you everyday and you don't answer and I get on Instagram or Snapchat and see you posting and liking shit in the same time period I called you, it makes me feel some type of way, to be honest it makes me feel like you don't wanna be bothered with me and I really don't know how to take that, you my fucking brother and this past year you've treated me like some random nigga on the street and ion understand why" I rant.

He continues to look at me like everything I'm saying means nothing. I shake my head. "This is why I'm fucked up in the head, this that shit that makes me mean to everybody, some random bitches I dealt with is one thing, some nigga that I grew up calling uncle is another, but for my own blood brother to act like ion mean shit to him, that's something totally different and you sitting here like everything I'm saying doesn't mean a damn thing to you, but I won't push the issue no further" I say getting up. "You can see yourself out and that goes for my house and my life, you ain't gotta worry about me anymore Tay'Shawn" I add.

I watch as he walks out before closing and locking my door. I turn around and see Mia standing in my bedroom doorway looking at me. "You okay?" She asks. 

"No" I say before breaking down.

Tay'Shawn

"Bro, you in the wrong" Tahjai says. He's somebody I became cool with back in New York.

"How?" I ask. "I tried yesterday and now she wanna act like she got some sense today after her smart ass remarks, nah" I say.

"So if you were steady calling ya mama or whoever over and over daily and they ain't answer but be all on social media and shit you wouldn't be mad?" He asks. "Especially if you were going through some shit?" He continues. "I'd be fucking pissed if somebody did that to me, hurt and all, and the kid and school shit ain't a excuse"

"And how would you know?" I ask with a attitude.

"Cause I got two dummy" He says. "I'm 22 with a 5 year old and a 4 month old plus I'm by myself, I do this shit with no help cause my folks back in Texas" He adds. "Yet I answer every phone call from my family and they do the same, so yeah, you ain't got no damn excuse for treating ya lil sister like that"

"Where's their mother?" I ask.

"Somewhere with a new nigga, she couldn't handle having two kids, but I got this shit on my own" He says. "You need to get ya shit together"

"Whatever" I say.

"Get mad all you want, I'm telling you the truth, I never told you about my kids cause I ain't know you like that, but I'm telling you now" He says. "And from what you have told me about your sister, she a loose cannon and you acting like shit just don't matter, one thing you don't do is underestimate people Tay, I'm serious" He adds. I roll my eyes.

"Aight, I'll call you tomorrow" I say getting bored with the conversation.

"Aight" He says hanging up. I toss my phone and look at Brie who's currently on my chest sleeping.

"You don't listen" Geo says sitting beside on the couch. "And that's where you gone fuck up at and there isn't gonna be anyone to save you"

"Get out my face, I'm not in the mood" I say waving her off. I cut the tv on and turn to Fresh Prince.

Everybody wanna take Ariel's side. She ain't shit but a fuck up. The only good thing she's done is graduate early. You can't compete where you don't compare and I feel like I'm way above her so I'm not worried.

She always called at the wrong time and I just wasn't able to answer. I got tagged in stuff and liked a few things here and there. So what? She better get over it. Spoiled ass. I hope Leah doesn't turn out like her, gives me once less thing to worry about.

A.J

I watch the recording Mia sent me and feel myself getting hot. Ion know how but she recorded Tay and Ariel's conversation and sent it to me.

"What's wrong?" Dad asks walking in the living room with Ma and the twins. I restart the video and let them watch it.

Once it finishes they both sit there quietly. I stand up just as my phone rings. I see Mia's name flash across. "Hello?" I answer putting her on speaker.

"Your sister has been crying for 4 hours straight, she won't talk to me and I'm scared" she says. "She's sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest rocking back and forth"

I look at my parents and they get up. "I'm on my way" I say hanging up.

We get to Ariel's apartment and I use the key she gave me. "Mia" I say walking in with my parents behind me.

They close the door and Mia walks out Ariel's room. "She's sleep, I gave her two Benadryl's" She says.

"Why not just one?" I ask.

"Cause she wouldn't go to sleep" She says. I watch as she sits at the bar and spins in circles. "Y'all can sleep here if you guys want, I'm making breakfast in the morning" She says shrugging. "Plus it's late"

"You don't gotta tell me twice, where's the rooms?" I ask.

"Around the corner to your right" She says. I get up and follow suit. I text Ciara and pull my shirt off before climbing in the bed.