Chapter 102

Tamia

Amari wanted to stay with Khyree so Ariel, Ty, and I are now on our way to see my family.

We pull onto the side of the curb of my grandma's house and look at all the cars in her driveway.

We get out and Ty clings to Ariel's hip. I lock the door as we walk up the driveway. I ring the doorbell and my aunt Jewel answers. She's Halo's mom.

"Hey Mia" She says opening the screen door letting us in. "Hey Ty" She adds. She looks at Ariel and smiles. "You must be Ariel?" She asks.

"Yeah" Ariel says. I grab Ariel's hand as Ty goes to play with his cousins. I pull her to the side. "You good?" She asks.

"Yeah, but don't let her fake ass fool you, she likes to talk shit about people and her thot ass daughter likes to follow in her footsteps" I say. She laughs and shakes her head.

"Shut up" I say hitting her. I wrap my arms around her waist. "Gimme a kiss" I add. She pecks my lips and I smile.

"Didn't you say your grandma wanted to meet me?" She asks.

"Yes" I say smiling. "Come on" I add pulling her to the kitchen. We walk in and my grandma is drinking wine and listening to Boosie. "Nana" I say causing her to look at me.

"Hey my baby" She says cutting the music down and putting her glass down. She smiles and walks over to hug me. "The lord is good for letting you get here, I need my gossip girl" She adds laughing.

"Hey, look" I say nodding to Ariel. I shake my head as we watch Ariel get different mini desserts from a small table my grandma has set out.

"You a bold ass lil girl" Nana says causing Ariel to jump. She turns around and smiles.

"My bad, I'm hungry" she says. She puts her plate down and opens her arms. "Hug?" She asks.

"I like her" Nana says winking at me. Her and Ariel hug and I look at Ariel. She warmed up quick to my nana which is weird. "Let me talk to her, go make sure those damn kids ain't tearing my shit up"

"Okay" I say sitting my purse down and walking out.

Ariel

Mia's grandma and I sit at the island and she looks at me. "To start this off, you can call me Nana, just like the rest of my grandkids" She says.

"I'm Ariel" I say smiling. I don't know why but she gives me this warm feeling like my grandma gives me.

"So Ariel, how do you feel about my Mia?" She asks causing my face to turn red. Nobody's asked me that. 

"I like her a lot" I say.

Her eyebrow raises. "Like?" She asks. I nod and she laughs. "Quit lying, cause as soon as I asked you that question you started blushing" She says.

"I love her although I wanna choke her sometimes" I say. She nods and sits up a bit.

"So tell me exactly why you love her" She says. I look off to the side before looking back at her.

"Um, within the last year and a half I've been through a lot, with exes, my parents, other family members, and been to prison, I've cut myself multiple times and went through depression for a while also, and even though she wasn't there for a bit of that when we actually started dating she was there for everything and helped a lot" I say. "As you can see ion really smile unless you mention her or somebody I'm close with" I add.

"Yeah, I actually asked her about that the other day" She says. "But continue"

"She's special to me, she makes sure I'm good no matter what, vice versa, that's why I try my best to show my appreciation, I never planned on dating after my last ex, but she got me, and the past year I spent with her is the best year I've had in years, she's just amazing period, she sets goals and reaches them in a matter of time, she's funny and annoying, especially when it comes to her wanting to do something, and she accepts me for me" I say shrugging.