Chapter 82

Ayla

It's been a few days since everything's happened. Christian's in a coma and they don't know how long he'll be in there.

I miss Lani. That may be wrong but I don't care. That's my best friend. My phone vibrates and I see it's a text from her telling me to meet her iHop.

I do my morning routine before throwing on a pair of jeans from Forever21, a White tank, and some white sandals.

I brush my hair in a bun and grab my Grey Michael Kors purse. I grab my phone and my charger then the keys to My car.

I leave a note and check on the girls before heading out the door.

Once I get to iHop, I walk in and see Lani sitting near a window in the back. I walk and sit across from her and she gives me a small smile. "I'm not mad at you boo" I say.

"I wasn't even sure on what your reaction would be" She says sighing.

I shake my head. "I completely understand your position, you stood by your man as you should, I don't blame him for acting how he did cause I know Christian was harassing Ariel" I say. "But no matter what shit they go through, me and you are gonna be best friends forever"

She smiles. "I know, it's just still a lot to take in, you know we can straight from Ariel's therapy session when we pulled up, that also added to his anger" She says. "I mean majority of it was Christian but when Ariel was telling the therapist everything, it got to him bad"

"How is she?" I ask. A waiter comes over and takes our orders before grabbing the menus and walking away.

"She's good, She basically lives with Mia" She says. "With everything that was going on, I didn't mind it, don't mind it cause I know it's more peaceful, but you know I don't hesitate to drop the babies off when me and Lonte need alone time" She adds making me laugh.

"I might just start paying her to watch the girls cause my family is in a whole other state" I say groaning.

"Girl go ahead, or ask Leah she's really good with the boys, plus she doesn't have a busy schedule" She says. "She keeps to herself really"

"How are the boys?" I ask as the waiter brings us our food.

"Good, starting to talk a bit, we gotta keep a gate in front of the fireplace and the tv cause they like to get into shit" She says.

"The girls didn't really start giving me trouble till they turned about 1 1/2" I say. "Now they're just everywhere"

We start to eat and continue talking. After meeting and talking things out with Lani, I head back to the house. It's going on 11 so I know Zay and the girls are up.

I walk in the house, sit my purse down, and walk upstairs. I walk in our room and see the girls in their playpen, while Zay watches some movie on Netflix.

"So, you went to meet with Lani?" He asks. I nod and sit next to him on the bed. "Why?" He asks.

"Cause that's my bitch and she was defending her family, you can't mad at her for that" I say.

"My cousin is-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Zay I know that, but he brought it on himself, he was sending threats to Ariel and telling her she deserves to die and shit, you can't get mad at Lonte for coming how he did cause that's his fucking child, plus he told you on multiple occasions to talk to Christian and you didn't" I say.

"Whatever, quit talking to me" He says.

"Be mad, I don't care, you just don't wanna admit that Christian was in the wrong" I say shrugging.