Chapter 121

Tay'Shawn

"Bro, you're being weird as fuck" Tahj says as we chill in the living room.

I look at him. "How?" I ask.

"How? Nigga you always minding Ariel's business, that girl ain't stuntin you bruh, you really jealous" He says. Truth is I am. 

Ariel always comes out on top no matter. She's been through more shit than anybody and still manages to continue on with life.

I don't know how to be independent and I don't want to be. I can do Instagram and shit but that gets boring. I don't know what I'm good at that'll actually get me somewhere unless I go back to school.

"So what?" I ask looking at him still.

He shakes his head. "You've been so worried about your sister you done fucked up ya own shit, now you one mistake from getting yo ass a visit with God" He says.

I look over at Ariel who's sitting in dad's recliner sleep. Her phone starts ringing again but I don't say anything.

Ma comes out the kitchen and looks at me then at Ariel. "Who's phone is that?" Ma asks. I point to Ariel. Before she can say anything else the front door opens. 

"Maaaa" I look at Tahj and he shrugs. Soon Tamia walks in and I look back at Tahj who's staring her down. She looks at us then at ma. "Where's Ariel? She got a photo shoot with Mila" She asks then explains.

Ma points to dad's chair.

Ariel

"What?" I ask as I feel somebody tap me for the millionth time. I'm tired as fuck.

"Babe, you said 2 hours, it's been 5" Mia says wiping my face off.

I look at her outfit then at her. "When you buy this?" I ask sitting up and pointing at her dress.

She smiles. "Today, me and Amour went shopping for the photo shoot" She says. "You like it?" She asks.

I nod. I look down to see she got on clear Coach Slides. "You got ya toes and shit done?" I ask. She nods. I reach in my pocket and hand her a few hundred dollar bills.

"Um what's this for?" She asks looking at it.

I smack my lips. "You went and got fine as fuck and ain't lemme pay for it" I say pouting.

"Cause I'm independent" She says flipping her hair over her shoulder.

I just look at her. "Yeah that's good and all but you my girl so It's my job to make sure you straight, independent or not" I say putting the money in her purse. I stand up and kiss her cheek. "I ain't gone cause a scene but Tay friend looking at you and ion like that" I add.

She laughs. "You look cute when you're jealous" She says. She motions for me to lean down so I do. "Kinda makes me wet" She adds smirking at me.

"Come on" I say smiling. "Ma, I'll be by later, you good?" I ask peeking in the kitchen.

"Yeah, dinner will be ready around 7, if you guys wanna stop by and eat" She says.

"Okay, I'll call you, love you" I say smiling at her. I love my mama.

"Love you too babes, Mia, call me later too, love you" She says and Mia smiles.

"I will" Mia says grabbing my hand. "And love you too" she adds.

We get in the car and Mia looks at me. "What?" I ask.

"You wouldn't cheat on me would you?" She asks and I look at her funny.