Chapter 73

Tamia

"Answer the phone hoe" I mumble as my phone continues to call Kyndall through FaceTime. It rings for a good while till her tv comes on the screen.

"Bitch I'm watching my show, wha- ooh wait, why you sweating?" She answers. She turns her camera around and raises and eyebrow.

"It's not sweat, I'm glowing" I say giving her the middle finger.

"Where's ya girl?" She asks. I flip my camera around and show her Ariel who's knocked out. "Awe, well how long you gone be cause Mari said she gone be 30 minutes, it'll take me like 20"

"30 minutes" I answer. "Y'all driving or am I picking y'all up?" I ask.

"Ion know, let me ask Mari cause she at her cousin house" She says.

"Aight, call me back in about 30 minutes, I'm bout to get dressed" I say. I hang up and toss my phone. Ariel's phone starts ringing so I sit and let it ring a few times to see if she'll answer it.

I grab it and see her mom's name on the screen. I press the green button and put the phone up to my ear. "Hey" I say.

"Ariel's sleep huh?" She asks.

"Yep" I say laughing.

"Okay, wake her up when we get off the phone and tell her that her and her brother need to do their chores" She says.

"Alright" I say popping Ariel on her forehead.

"Alright, bye sweetie" She says. I smile and say bye back. We hang up and I start hitting Ariel.

"What you want man?" She asks putting her pillow over her head.

"Your mom said you gotta go home to clean" I say.

"You couldn't wake me up in a normal way?" She asks. I shrug.

"I just wanted you to get up, you showering with me or by yourself?" I ask getting up.

"I'm getting in before you so I can get out and go back to sleep" she says getting up. She grabs a towel and walks in the bathroom.

Once we both get our showers and everything out the way, I start on my hair while Ariel plays on her phone.

"What you doing to your hair?" She asks. I look at her through the mirror.

"I don't know" I say pouting. My hair is curly as shit. I detangled it and everything but now I don't know what to do.

"Just put that shit up and call it a day, ain't my momma bout to do it?" She asks.

"Yeah" I say. "But still" I whine.

"Put it in a ponytail Mia, just don't break it cause you got a lot of hair" Ariel says laughing.

"Shut up" I say rolling my eyes. I brush my hair up and put in a bun. I wrap my Red bandana around my head, and sigh. "All done"

"Good" Ariel says. "Since I ain't get to take a nap like I wanted, I'm sleeping in the car"

"Big ass baby" I mumble.

"Shut up" She says. We get everything and head out. I text the girls to let them know I'm gonna meet them there. 

I pull up to Ayla's house with the girls behind me. I dropped Ariel off before meeting them. We get out and knock on the door.

Asia opens it and mugs me. We proceed to walk in and see Mrs. Warren and Mrs. Carter.

"Hey girls" Mrs. Warren says.