Chapter 50

Haven in Media
*
A.J

It's been a few days and Haven and Ariel are still having issues. Ya boy on the other hand got promoted to Manager 😜.

I'm thinking about getting a second job, but I'm not sure yet.

"You got a pencil I can borrow?" Ariel asks walking in my room. I point to my desk. She grabs one and starts walking out. "Thanks" She says leaving out.

Ma says we all have to keep Ariel under watch just in case she tries to relapse. I slide my Jordan Hare slides on and go downstairs.

I head into the kitchen where Ma is feeding the twins and dad is cooking bacon. I sit on the counter beside him and look at them both.

"Ariel hasn't smiled in 3 days" I say. "I've tried everything"

"She'll be fine" Dad says. I look at him.

"That's what you said last time" I say and she ended up in the hospital.

"As long as we check on her and keep her busy, then everything will be okay" Ma says taking Amir out his swing to burp him.

We continue talking until Ariel walks in her work uniform. "I thought you were off today?" I ask.

"I was, I called in to take another shift" She says going into the pantry. She grabs a granola bar and Apple juice box. "I'm leaving" She says waving and walking out. She walks back in a few seconds later. "And Tay said he got something to tell y'all" she adds walking out.

"Ooh exciting news" I say rubbing my hands together.

"Is your room clean?" Dad asks placing the bacon on a paper towel and plate.

"But-" I start till Ma cuts me off.

"Go clean it before I get my belt" She mugs. I sigh and head back up to my room.

Ariel

I pull into the parking lot my job and check the time. 11:35. I don't have to actually be in there till 11:50-12. I check my messages again and roll my eyes at the same message I sent two days ago. I go to Snapchat and Instagram and see she's been posting pictures with her brother.

It's been 3 days, and as of now, I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. I go back to my messages, click her name and text her. The last text she getting from me.

I understand ya brother back and shit but that doesn't mean you gotta ignore me. It's been 3 whole days without a text, call, or anything. But gone head and keep it like that cause we're done 👌🏽🖕🏽🙃.

I hit send and cut my phone off. I head inside and clock in.

"You okay Ariel?" Amour asks. She's new.

"I'm good, how are you?" I ask eyes roam her body.

"I'm good, but I need a favor" She says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I need to get the socks from the top shelf but I can't" She says. "Ladders scare me and I don't want to fall"

"You need help?" I ask. She nods. We start to the back and I open the inventory door. I find the socks and see a ladder in front of them. "Go ahead, I'll stand her and watch you" I say stepping back a bit.

"I got on a dress" She says mugging me.

"And?" I ask.

"I'm not about to have you trying to look up it" She says crossing her arms over her chest.