57.

As I was calming down, there was a knock on the bathroon stall.

"What?" I said harshly.

"Lin. It's me, Qin Fen." He said. "Open the door, please."

"No, I want to be alone." I said.

"That may be what you want but it isn't what you really need." He said. "Please, Lin."

I still refused to open it and he sighed. I then heard him muttering something after a few seconds of silence but I couldn't understand what he was saying, so I ignored it.

About five minutes passed and I heard the door of the bathroom open.

"She's there." Qin Fen said.

"Lin." Said what I recognised as Jackson's voice. "Open the door, please. We won't ask you any questions and you don't have to tell us anything if you don't want to, but let us at least be there for you. No one should be alone when in pain."

I then slowly opened the door and was met with two concerned faces looking at me. I must have looked horrendous after crying so much.

Qin Fen then pulled me for a hug and I hugged him really tightly, sobbing onto his shoulder.

" I just... I just don't get it." I said in between sobs.

"What, Lin? Tell us." Said Jackson.

"How could he tell me he trusts me and then not doubt me when I try to give him an explanation ?" I said. "What kind of bulls*** is that?"

"Look." Said Qin Fen pulling away from the hug and placing his hands on each side of my face. "If he can't trust you, then he doesn't deserve you. If you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't be the one crying here. You need to be the strong, independent, Lin that you are."

"If he truly likes you, he'll come back you begging for your forgiveness. If not, you weren't meant to be." He said.

"The problem is I love him, 哥哥(gege) !" I said and they looked shocked. "If I just liked him everything would be much easier, but I love him! That isn't something I can forget about that easily."

************

After I had calmed down and redid my makeup, Qin Fen and I went back to the room to get our new mission. I went to the far right of the room, where no one was, and sat down there alone, not wanting to talk to anybody.

"I'm sorry but you can't sit there." One of the staff told me. "You are out of shot."

I then rolled my eyes and sat down behind Wang Yilong, at the far back.

The screen then turned on and PD was shown. 

"Hello, trainees. Because of work schedules, I'm very regretful that I cannot be by your side. I can only meet you guys through a video. I don't know if you guys have practised well." He said and some people said -we have-. "I heard people saying they have."

Even though I wasn't in my best mood, he still made me chuckle. PD really knew us well.

"Even though there are only nine trainees who will debut in the end, according to the citizen producers your rankings every minute, every second and every hour can undergo very big changes. So the trainees cannot relax at any time. Work hard, work hard, work even harder. You guys must show the citizen producers your best demeanour." PD continued. "Now, I will announce the fourth mission. This time's mission has full participation from everyone seated here, but the second ranking will be announced during everyone's practice time. This also means that among the seated trainees, only 35 can stand on the final stage and the 25 trainees with lower ranks will be eliminated halfway through practice. They will not be able to perform in the next stage's performance."

The boys then all began chatting about how cruel it was, which honestly is true. I was sitting alone and wasn't feeling like talking to anyone, so I commented nothing, although they were all right.

"Then, the fourth mission is the Concept Evaluation." PD proceeded. "In the last mission, I hope everyone found the position they are good in a boy group. And girl, Lin, don't kill me!" He said becoming defensive and we laughed.

"PD, 我爱你!(I love you)" I said doing a heart above my head.

"Then, in this mission, I hope that everyone finds their own, personal style." He continued. "Now, everyone is getting closer and closer to debut. Every group that debuts should have its own style. Which style will belong to every one of you? This time's mission has been prepared for everyone. There are five new songs, each of them of different themes and musical styles. Within them, there definitely will be one suitable for you. More importantly, these songs have been specifically tailored for you by top music producers and production teams from China and abroad. They are songs that completely belong to you, guys. You are the original singers of these songs."

We were all really excited and clapped. The songs were going to be ours!

["To be able to have an original song with some of the boys here makes  me feel extremely happy." I said to the camera. "I've written some songs myself, but singing with the boys is a totally different thing. I'm excited to see how it turns out!"]

"The trainees that are sitting here will be divided into five groups based on the songs. Each group will tentatively have 12 trainees, except one which will have 13,  but in the end, there will only be seven, or eight, people who will be able to go on stage and perform." PD explained. " The voting method for this time's performances is also different from before. Citizen producers will have two voting opportunities.

"First, they will vote and assess which team performed the best in the five songs and then they will select the trainee that performed the best from that team. And as the team that performed the best and the trainee that performed the best, there will be additional bonus votes. Then, this time around, how many votes will there be?"

The video suddenly stopped and we all groaned. We wanted to know it! They couldn't leave us hanging like that!

"500,000 votes." Said PD as the video went back on. "But, these bonus votes aren't evenly distributed among the seven trainees. The individual trainee that gets the most votes will receive 200,000 votes and the remaining ones will get 50,000 votes each. For this reward, seize the opportunity, perform well."