37.

We were all in a room waiting for PD to come and announce the next evaluation subject. I was standing next to Qin Fen, in front of Yanjun. Yanjun was playing with my hair and braiding one side. (Media)

"What happened between you and Chengcheng after the other day?" Qin Fen teased me suddenly.

"Well, you tell me. You were the one's who made things awkward." I said slightly annoyed.

"Come on! I know you actually enjoyed it. Don't deny it!"  Yanjun said.

"Why are you both teasing me? Did you plan this or what?" I said and pouted.

"Don't tease Lin, boys." Suddenly PD said as he came in. "You already teased her enough the other day."

We all then quickly bowed and greeted him.

"How did you find out about it?" Xukun asked.

"News fly in here. Every mentor knows by now what happened." PD explained smiling. "And it's not like we wouldn't know about it sooner or later taking into account that it is going to be on national TV."

I sighed and the boys so that and started laughing. PD then introduced himself and congratulated us for making it. Specialy Xukun. He then told us that for the next elimination, only 36 people would make it. All of our votes had also been reset.

"Our third evaluation is the Position Evaluation." PD announced. "Inside an idol group there are different positions. This time's evaluation is to help each trainee more clearly define what position he or she has in a group. This time's mission is split between three general categories: Vocal, Dance and Rap. In total, thirteen songs. The sixty trainees will, according to the song's category, split into thirteen small groups to compete. After each performance has ended citizen producers, according to individual performances, will participate in on-site voting. Each small group's first place will be awarded 50,000 votes and the first place trainee for each general category will gain an additional 100,000 votes."

"That much?!" I wondered out loud. "The ones that get that will sky-rocket in the ranks."

"Each trainee must carefully select a position that they excel in and perfectly demonstrate their performance in that position. This is the key point of this evaluation." PD continued. "After this mission, you guys will face the second ranking announcement, so this mission is really important. It might directly affect wether you leave or stay. If you get those 100,000 votes, then you will definitely move one step closer towards your dream. I now will announce the songs for this evaluation."

For dance the songs were Me too, Nunchucks, Sheep and Flow; for rap the songs were Very good, Artist, Turn down for what and Papillon; and for vocal the songs were What I miss, Always Online, Shape of you, Love you and 小半 (Xiao Ban/Stomach). 

When I saw 小半 was an option I was really excited. It was the song Chengcheng sang me to sleep on the first week. It was definitely special for me, so I wanted to do that one.

"Each song has a set maximum of people." PD announced. "The trainees who have higher ranks will choose first. Trainees who choose the same song will automatically become a team."

Xukun then went to choose his song but firstly he whispered his choice in PD's ear. 

"He said he wanted to choose Sheep." He told us. "That was a joke."

Then it was Linong's turn and he did the same. PD said again that he wanted to choose <Sheep>. I knew he was going to do that with all of us.

Then it was Chengcheng's turn and, after some minutes, mine.

"Which one will you choose?" PD asked me and I whispered <小半> in his ear. "I feel betrayed!" He jockingly whispered back and I laughed before leaving. "She chose <Sheep>." I heard him tell the boys.

"No I didn't!" I yelled back and heard them all laughing.

I arrived at the table with all of the  songs and immediately picked  小半.

"You decided quickly!" One of the staff told me.

"This song has a very special meaning for me, so I really want to do it." I truthfully answered.

"May we now the meaning?" She asked.

"Sorry, it's a secret!" I said smiling and went to the next section where the boys were standing in rows in front of their selected songs.

When I arrived, I saw Xukun standing in front of <Sheep>, Linong in front of <Papillon> and Chengcheng in front of <小半>.

"Quit the joking, guys." I told Linong them. "There's no way you chose those ones."

"But I did!" Said Chengcheng while Linong and Xukun just went to their actual songs. 

"No you didn't! You wouldn't miss a chance to do rap!" I said and pushed him towards the rap section.

"How can you pick up on our lies so quickly?" Xukun asked me.

"I know you more than you think." I simply said and went to my place.

Then it was Justin's turn and the three of them stood on Papillon. I knew Justin was going to see through their lie extremely quickly, and I wasn't disappointed. As soon as he saw the three there he caught their lie. Linong would never choose rap!

After Zhengting came in and screamed rather loudly, PD decided to check on us. After he saw that we were just messing around, he went back and told the boys that the competition for Sheep was intense.

One by one, the rest of the trainees began to fill up the songs. Ling Chao, Ruibin and Zhou Rui chose the same as me. I was actually quite happy with my group.

(A/N: I know Zhenghao was also in this group, but for the sake of this story let's pretend he's in another one.)

Lin Yanjun had chosen a vocal song and Chengcheng was really confused.

"Why is Lin Yanjun also not doing rap? What is wrong with everybody recently? Do they not passionately love this thing called rap? This is to much. Just very bad." He said to the camera making a pun with his song name making me laugh out loud.

Once we were finished, PD told us that we had to choose a leader before concluding the ranking evaluation's announcement.

When he left, Chengcheng quickly approached me.

"Sorry, guys. Can I borrow her for a second?" He asked my teammates. "It won't be long." 

They all nodded and he took me to a secluded area to talk with me privately.

"I just realized. Did you choose that song because of... you know..." Chengcheng asked scratching his nape.

"Yes, I did." I told him and he looked at me smiling. "It has a special meaning attached to it because of you, so I wanted to sing it."

He then checked to see if anyone was near and quickly kissed me.

"How can I possibly get any more lucky?" He said making me grin like an idiot. "By the way, be careful with what you do with the other boys. This time I won't be there to keep an eye on them."