Back up team

Ezra was on high alert after Kanan and Hera's tickle fight. He knew Kanan was being serious when he said he was going to get Ezra back. So, whenever Ezra trained, or mediated, or was even in the same room as Kanan, he made sure he was a little further away from him. He knew this particular Jedi was ruthless when it came to tickling. He didn't want to be a victim of his Master's torturous fingers. He'd told Hera Kanan's secret sweet spot so Kanan would most definitely be out to get him which only lessened his chances of survival, and doubled his chances of getting caught by Kanan.

"Ezra?"

A hand on Ezra's shoulder made the boy yelp and instinctively cover his sides. A slight chuckle made him look up to see Sabine.

"Wow, you're really paranoid aren't you?" She asked.

"Well, why shouldn't I be? Kanan outs to get me, he could be anywhere" he clutched his arms, looking round at the fields.

Ezra had been meditating on a rock close to the caves before Sabine had arrived. He'd been looking over the landscape for the past five minutes. 

"Mhmm" Sabine hummed and patted his shoulder.

"I came to get you, Hera wanted to see you about the strike on Lothal's factory."

"Right, I'll be there."

Sabine nodded and turned to leave then paused.

"By the way, you don't need to worry about Kanan, Hera sent him out for a recon with Zeb."

Ezra relaxed instantly.

"Thanks."
________________________________

Ezra approached the cave where Hera and Jai were observing a hologram of the factory.

"Hey Ezra" Jai greeted to which Ezra nodded in reply.

"So, what'd you need me for?" He asked.

"Before we can do anything, we need to make sure we know all the shifts and schedules for the factory" Hera told him.

"So that's why you sent Kanan and Zeb?" Ezra asked.

"Exactly."

"Okay, so what do we do while we wait for them?"

"Well, for a start we can make sure we have a back up plan in case this goes south" Hera answered.

"Like it usually does?" Ezra grinned slightly.

Hera smiled before pressing another button on the projector, making an image of the landscape pop up.

"There's escape routes here, here and we can make another here. The walls are weak and security is low so it'll be a good way to get out of there if things don't go well" Jai explained.

"The Lothwolves will be around the outskirts if I can't get there fast enough with the Ghost, that is provided they are still willing to assist us?" Hera asked.

"They're on Lothals side of the fight, they'll want to help" Ezra promised.

"Good, after we contact the rebellion for backup, things will slide into place."

"Okay, so is this all you need me for?"

"There's still one more thing" Jai told him.

"Yeah?"

"We need you to lead the mission" Hera said. 

Ezra did a double take.

"M-Me? But what about Kanan?"