Laughing the sadness away

This part is dedicated to my awesome friend HarrryPotterRulz.

P

P.S: this is the picture I'm basing this off.

Ezra woke.
He felt an ache inside him and racked his brains to figure out why he was sad. Then he remembered.
This was the day that Ryder had told him his parents were dead last year.
With a sigh, he got up and grabbed his clothes. Going to the refresher he got changed and went to get breakfast.
Hera and Kanan were in the common room, sitting on the couch with cups of Kaff in their hands.
"Morning Ezra" Hera said.
"Hey Hera" Ezra said doing his best to smile.
"There's some Kaff if you want it" Kanan said.
"Thanks."
As soon as Ezra went into the kitchen, Hera turned to Kanan.
"He seemed a bit off this morning" she said.
"Yeah, I noticed that. Wonder what's going on with him" Kanan replied.
Ezra came back through and sat beside Hera.
"Ezra are you feeling alright?" She asked.
"I'm fine" Ezra replied.
Kanan and Hera shared a look.
"I'm going to the ramp. Com me if you need me" Ezra said. He got up and went through the door.
"I'll go" Hera said following him.

Ezra looked out to the forest of Yavin. He sat on the Ghost's ramp, cup of Kaff in hand.
He sighed heavily and took a sip.
"Hey."
The boy looked round to see Hera.
"Hey" he said as she sat beside him.
"Ezra, I know a sad face when I see one. Seriously, what's on your mind?" Hera asked.
Ezra glanced at her before looking back out to Yavin.
"I miss them" he whispered.
Hera didn't need to ask who Ezra was talking about, she already knew.
It then clicked, Hera remembered that last year on this day, Ezra learned the truth about his parents.
She looked at him sympathetically, he looked so down it pulled at her heartstrings.
"Hey Ezra?"
"Yeah?"
"What did Palpatine say to someone who was choking on their food?"
Ezra shrugged.
"Chew it. What did Palpatine say when he got fed up with the ring toss game?"
Ezra shrugged​ again.
"Screw it."
A smile began to play on Ezra's lips.
"Is bee bee hungry? No Bee bee ate."
Ezra grinned and put hand on his leg.
"A boy goes up to his father and says 'dad what's for dinner?' the father replies
'Wookie steak.' The boy asks, 'is it any good?' the dad answers 'well it's kinda Chewie.'"
Ezra slapped his forehead with a huff of laughter.
Hera smiled over at the boy. A smile was on his face but Hera wanted to hear him properly laugh.
She reached out a softly tickled his side.
Ezra giggled and pushed her hand away.
"Don't" he said, trying to sound stern, but there was too much fear in his voice.
"Don't what Ezra? Don't do this?"
Hera prodded Ezra's stomach. He gave a squeal and tried to scramble away but Hera grabbed him round the middle and pulled him onto her lap.
She attacked his midsections with wiggling fingers making him a giggling mess. Ezra squirmed in Hera's hold but her grip was too strong. He was helplessly giggling in her lap, trying to push against her hands but she looped her arms over so that his were pinned to his chest.
Hera went for his thighs making him squeal again and struggle more.
"What's wrong Ezzy? Can't take a little tickling?" Hera teased as she tickled him.
"You knohohow I'm sensitive!" Ezra responded still squirming.
"Sensitive? Nah, I'd say extremely ticklish" Hera giggled.
Her hands shot up into Ezra's armpits making him go limp with hysterical laughter.
"Nohohoho!" He yelped.
"Herhahahaha​! Stohohohop!"
"I don't think so. You need to cheer up Ezra" Hera smiled.
"I'm happy! I'm haphehehehey! Now lehehehet me gohohohohoho!" Ezra pleaded.
Hera ignored his words and pulled off his boots.
She attacked his feet with soft tickles making Ezra giggle uncontrollably. The sensations were unbearable as he flexed his toes in protest.
"Herhahahaha! Please!" He said tears leaking from his eyes.
The Twe'lik's hand suddenly stopped going for his soles and unzipped his jacket.
"No!"
Too late.
Hera had already started worming her fingers over his sides​, belly, armpits and chest.
Ezra kicked his legs out in protest as he laughed without ​stopping. He couldn't form a single sentence as Hera blew a raspberry on his belly.
She gave him at least six more before keeping his shirt pulled up and attacking his pale and very ticklish belly.
Ezra squealed at the contact and wouldn't keep still.
Hera was enjoying the moment she was having. Tickling her son was a motherly feeling for her and his laugh was adorable.
She traced shapes and sentences on his sensitive skin making him squeal like a child.
"Herhahahaha! Please! No mohohohore! I cahahahant take ihihihihihit!"
Hera chuckled and stopped momentarily to let Ezra breathe.
"You're one ticklish Jedi Ez" she smiled.
"I...Get that...A lot" Ezra panted.
Hera hugged her son to her.
"But you're my ticklish Jedi" she said.
Ezra rubbed his face against hers affectionately.
He giggled adorably when he felt the tickley sensations on his back.
"Hera..." He began but never finished.
She was going for a particular sensitive spot round his armpits.
Ezra honestly screamed before thrashing despretly.
"DOHOHONT! NOT THEHEHERE!" He pleaded.
"Too ticklish Ezra?" Hera asked.
"YEHEHEHES! STOHOHOHOP! ANYWHERE BUT THEHEHERE!"
Hera smiled and stopped ticking the poor boy senseless.
He stayed however, in Hera's lap.
He was recovering from his tickle torture, breathing heavily.
"You good?" Hera asked in concern, hoping she didn't over do it. There was only so much tickling Ezra could take.
"Never better mum" Ezra yawned snuggling closer to her. 
Hera felt a rush of love as she smiled down on her son.
Hugging him for her chest, Hera watched as Ezra drifted into a peaceful slumber.

Who doesn't love the bond between space mom and blueberry? ❤
Suggestions are always welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲