thunder and laughter

BROOOOOOM CRASH!

Ezra jolted awake at the sound of thunder and lightning. Rain pelted hard on the Ghost's roof and Ezra was sure he could hear hail too. A thunder and lightning storm was definitely not one of Ezra's favourite things. In fact, he was terrified of storms. Even as a seventeen year old, Ezra was still nervous of them. Sitting up, he looked down on Zeb who snored away. Clearly having no idea his roommate was awake and nervous. Getting down from the bunk, the teen opened the door and walked into the corrider. Who should he go see? Kanan? No, he was out on a supply drop. Hera? Nah, she was too worn out from all the work she'd been doing. Chopper? Ezra actually snorted at himself from thinking of the droid. Chopper wouldn't care less that Ezra was scared. His gaze shifted to the door a few feet away from him.
What about Sabine?
Ezra felt a flicker of doubt. The Mandalorin probably didn't want to be disturbed but when another clap of thunder echoed around the ship and made the lights go out, the boy was at Sabine's door in a second. Opening it, Ezra was shocked to see Sabine curled up at the end of her bed, hugging her pillow tightly. She looked up quickly when the door opened and Ezra wasn't sure if he was imagining things, but did Sabine look relieved when she saw him?

"H-Hey?" The teen said awkwardly.

Sabine gave a nod when another rumble of thunder growled from outside. Both of the rebels jumped in fright then stared at one another.

"You're scared of lightning storms too?" They asked in sync before looking away, embarrassed.

"When I was small and there were occasional storms on Krownest, my mum and dad would comfort me along with Tristen. It's something I miss actually" Sabine said quietly.

"On Lothal, storms are rare, but I was terrified of them. Still am as a matter of fact. Mom and dad would always be there to comfort me but now..."

Ezra's voice trailed off but he didn't need to complete his sentence. Sabine already knew.

"Come on. It might be a good idea for us to spend the night" Sabine hesitated before finishing.

"Together."

Ezra felt his heart leap with joy and nerves when Sabine shuffled over a bit for some space for Ezra. The teen slowly climbed up the ladder and lay down beside Sabine. The Mandalorin flinched when lightning clapped but Ezra jumped. She could see he was a lot more scared of the storm than she was.

"How about we fix those jumps with a little T.A.T.F?" Sabine asked.

"T.A...what?" Ezra asked.

"Tickling Away The Fear!" Sabine grinned before getting on top of Ezra and tickling his sides.

The boy of course burst into giggles immediately and tried to fight off the girls hand.

"Ahahahahahwwww Sahahabine!" Ezra whined.

"Cohohohohohome ohohohohohon!"

Sabine's fingers dragged across Ezra's bellybutton and the boy squealed before jerking out of the way.

"Dohohont dohoho thahahat!"

"Don't do what? This?" Sabine asked, running her fingertips over Ezra's navel again.

Ezra yelped and giggled, trying to get away from the girl's probing fingers. Sabine chuckled at Ezra's state but shouldn't have been distracted. Ezra managed to turn the tables and had Sabine at his mercy.

"Ezrahahaha!" She pleaded.

"Cuhuhut it ohohohut!"

"Not on your life!" Era grinned.

Sabine then realised the position they were in and blushed. Ezra also noticed and his cheeks went crimson as he stopped tickling the Mandalorin. The Jedi was sitting on top of Sabine with a hand over her side. Sabine had her own palms pressed against Ezra's muscular chest which happened when she tried to stop him from tickling her. Ezra quickly got off the girl who sat up. An awkward silence filled the room, only the storm was heard.

"Sorry if that made you uncomfortable" Ezra mumbled.

"I-I can go if you want..."

"No!"

Sabine was just as surprised as Ezra on how quickly and sharply she spoke. 

"I don't want you to go. It's nice having company."

Ezra nodded his understanding. Quite honestly, he didn't want to leave anyway.

"Let's try to get some sleep" Sabine said and Ezra nodded.

They lay down with their backs facing each other, gazing at the colourful walls of the room.

"Night" Ezra said.

"Night."

The next morning

Ezra's eyes fluttered open and he immediately froze up at what met his gaze. Sabine was right in front of him, hands over his waist as she breathed evenly.
'Wow she's even more beautiful up close, I didn't realize' Ezra thought.
Lightly, he kissed her nose and snuggled back down to sleep. Sabine opened an eyelid and smiled at the Jedi.
'My Jedi' she thought happily.

'My little blueberry.'