Laughter goes a long way

This awesome suggestion was given to me by HarrryPotterRulz.

Ezra was still guilty​ and angry about what happened on Recklam Station. They had lost the Phantom because of him. He could still see Hera's disappointed and upset eyes when he told her about the shuttle.
He was annoyed with himself that it had all gone wrong. Why did it have to?
He felt like it was all his fault.

Ezra sat on the cliffs of Chopper Base. The evening sunset causing colourful light in the clouds.
He looked down at the ground with a sigh.
Why was everything so tough all the time?

"Hera? Have you seen Ezra?" Kanan asked inside the Ghost.
"Last time I saw him, he was on the cliffs. Why do you ask?" She replied.
"Just curious" Kanan shrugged going out of the cockpit.
He met Sabine at the entry ramp.
"Hey Kanan" she greeted.
"Hey Sabine. Have you seen Ezra out here?"
"Yeah. He's over on the far side of the cliffs. Do you want me to get him?"
"No. I'll go to him. He just seems depressed lately and want to help him."
"Yeah. I've noticed that. Do you want a hand cheering him up?"
"Sure. Come on."
The Mandalorin followed Kanan across the sandy plains to where Ezra was.

Ezra, who had been meditating, sensed and heard two presences behind him.
Opening his eyes, and turning his head, he looked over to see Sabine and Kanan coming towards him.
"Hey guys" he greeted as the sat down on either side of him.
"Hey kid. Listen. How have you been lately?" Kanan asked.
"Eh. Alright I suppose. Not too bad."
Kanan shook his head slightly.
"Ezra, I can sense if you're
lying. Plus I can also sense if you're depressed. No come seriously, what's wrong?"
"Karabast. Blimmen Force" Ezra muttered under his breath.
"I heard that Ezra" Kanan smirked.
Sabine put a hand on Ezra's shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
"You don't need to be afraid Ezra. You can tell you anything" she said.
Ezra sighed again.
"I feel like everything's my fault" he said finally.
"The Phantom. What happened on Recklam Station. I just don't want this to keep happening. All the mistakes that are made seem to do something with me."
Kanan and Sabine glanced at one another.
"Ezra. Trust me when I say this. Mistakes happen whether we want them to or not. They're sometimes unavoidable. But we have to move forward. Let ourselves see through our past problems or we'll miss our future solutions."
Ezra and Sabine stared at Kanan.
"Is that something else Master Yoda used to say?" Ezra asked.
"No. But it's what my Master told me" Kanan replied.
Ezra smiled at Kanan and Sabine.
"Thanks you two. I needed to hear that."
"Okay. Step one is done, we got him to smile" Sabine told Kanan.
"Now we're on to step two. Laughter" Kanan grinned.
In a split second, Ezra was being pinned down by Kanan, while Sabine straddled his waist.
"Guys! C'mon! You've tickled me enough to last me a life time!" Ezra whined.
"Not even close Ez!" Sabine grinned.
She wormed her fingers all over Ezra's stomach, he gave a giggly yelp and yanked at his Master's firm grip.
Sabine went all over Ezra's ticklish torso, when she reached his armpits, Ezra gave a squeal and his laughter went hysterical.
"And here I was thinking you'd grown up Ezra" Kana chuckled.
"SHUDUP!" Ezra yelled, squirming.
Sabine and Kanan eventually let up on the boy and stopped. They got off Ezra and sat beside him.
The smile wouldn't go away as Ezra sat up.
"Thanks you two" he said soflty.
Kanan and Sabine put an arm round Ezra.
"We'll always be here for you Ezra" Kanan smiled.
"Always" Sabine repeated softly placing a kiss on his cheek.

Hope you liked it. Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲