Kallus finds out

Thanks ilovedolphins101 for giving me this awesome suggestion.

It had been two months since Kallus had joined the Rebellion. He'd learned how much the Ghost crew cared about one another and realised the extents of what they would do to save anyone. They all worked well as a team and saw each other as family. Ezra probably the most.
Speaking of, the boy was an impressive sight. He wielded his lightsaber proudly and definitely had strength. Kallus understood this when Ezra saved him on one of his first missions with the crew.

*Flashback*

Kallus fired at the Stormtroopers with his bow rifle. He, Ezra, Kanan and Chopper had been sent on mission to get more information on the new TIE fighter. 
It went pretty well. Chopper went and got the info but immediately the building went on lockdown.
They had to run to get out of the Imperial base but there were over fifty Stormtroopers outside.
Kanan, Ezra and Kallus were put in stalemate as they fired at the bucket heads. They couldn't move backwards and they couldn't move forwards.
Seeing they were trapped, Chopper wheeled off and took over a TIE fighter. He blew up the other ships as a diversion so the rebels could move round to where the Phantom was.
Kallus was shot in the leg and collapsed.
He was about to be fired at again when Ezra leapt in front of him and pulled out his lightsaber. Blocking every single laser that came in their direction.
It only took two minutes before he killed all the troopers.
He helped Kallus back to the Phantom and Chopper took after them as it lifted off.

*End Flashback* 

He realised that he had never actually thanked Ezra. If the boy hadn't intervened in time, he would've been a dead man. His leg had healed and he was now looking round Yavin base for Ezra.
He came across Kanan who was talking to Sabine about the Darksaber.
"Hello you two. Sorry to interrupt, but have you seen Ezra anywhere?" He asked.
"He's on the Ghost. Don't know where, but he's there" Sabine replied.
"Thanks."
Kallus went in the direction of the ship.

Ezra was sitting on the Ghost's open ramp, trying to work his lightsaber. On his last mission, it had gotten a laser straight to the activater.
Now, he was trying to fix it. Key word trying. No matter what he did, it wouldn't work.
He heard footsteps and looked up.
"Hey Kallus" he said dropping his gaze back to his blade.
"Hey Ezra. What are you doing?"
"Eh. Trying to get my lightsaber fixed. It got busted on my last OP" he replied as the agent sat beside him.
"Mind if I take a look? I've always been good at engineering."
"Sure. Just be careful" Ezra said passing his weapon over.
"It's malfunctioning so it could do anything."
Kallus looked over it carefully.
"You made this yourself?" He asked.
"Yeah. Just like my last one" Ezra replied.
"What happened to it?"
"Oh. You were never told? Vader cut it in half when we went to Malacore​."
"That git" Kallus said still examining the lightsaber.
Ezra grinned.
He was pleased to hear that Kallus, who once served the Sith lord, had no fear in calling him whatever he wanted.
"Where'd you get the Kyber crystal? I assume Kanan gave it to you?" Kallus said.
"No, as a matter of fact he didn't. Ahsoka gave it to me a few days before going to Malacore" Ezra replied.
Kallus noticed the hint of sadness in the boy's face.
"Now that I heard about. I'm sorry about your loss kid" Kallus said putting a hand on Ezra's shoulder.
Ezra gave him a soft smile.
"It wasn't your fault" he said.
"And neither yours. Kanan told me how you blamed yourself for everything. Well let me tell you something Ezra. When bad things happen, and you're around when it does, you sometimes naturally assume you have something to do with it. And believe me, I've lost many people close to me as well as you have. A lot of their deaths I thought I was responsible for. I've lived through the guilt and pain and that's exactly what got me into the Empire."
Ezra listened and suddenly noticed that Kallus was fixing his lightsaber as he spoke.
"But now I've realised that none of it was and that's what drove me away from the Empire. It was their fault, not mine."
"You lost people close to you by the Empire?" Ezra asked in surprise.
"Yeah. My parents and a few of my friends. But that's about it" Kallus replied.
Ezra sighed.
"I know what it's like."
Kallus looked over at Ezra with concern. The boy was looking at his boots.
A lost, emotionless expression on his face.
Then he recalled something else.

*Another flashback*

Kallus watched Sabine and Ezra train with their sabers. Kanan stood beside him.
"Ezra seems very focused and displined. You must've taught him well" Kallus remarked.
"Thanks, but he does have something that can stop him from being focused. No matter the situation" Kanan told him.
"Oh really? What might that be?" Kallus inquired curiously.
"He's ticklish. Pretty much everywhere. His armpits are his worst spot. Just a simple poke in his side and he will be laughing on the ground."
Kallus looked back at the teens who were in a death match.
"Interesting" he muttered.

*End Flashback*

Kallus found a grin growing in his face. He put down the lightsaber and inched a little closer to Ezra.
He sneeked a hand round Ezra's back and positioned it, hovering next to Ezra's side.
The boy was still focused on his shoes and didn't even notice what was going on.
'Jeez, he must be distracted' Kallus thought.
He then decided to go for the attack.
He dug his fingers into his sides.
The reaction was instant.
Ezra yelped in surprise and tried to get away, but Kallus yanked him back and moved his fingers round Ezra's torso.
Kanan had told him the truth, Ezra was helplessly giggling, trying to get away, but was weak from laughing so hard.
"Kahahahaluss!" He yelled squirming.
"Gihihive ihihit uhuhup!"
Kallus chuckled at Ezra's vulnerability as decided to test the boy's armpits.
He was only at edge of them when Ezra squealed like a child and doubled his frantic attempts to escape.
But Kallus only yanked him back again and tested the teens weak spot.
He was shocked and amused when Ezra squealed again and laughed hysterically and uncontrollably.
"KALAHAHAHAHALUSS!!!! I CAHAHAHANT TAHAHAHAKE IIIT! I'M TOHOHO TICKLISH! PLEHEHESS STAHAHAP!!"
Kallus chuckled again and relented.
Ezra sat up, gasping and still smiling.
"Screw you" he panted as Kallus picked up his lightsaber again.
"You needed it kid" Kallus said as Ezra controlled his breathing.
"Heh. Yeah, I suppose. But I get tickled too often for my liking."
"Does everyone do it to you?" Kallus asked with amusement.
"Yep. And it drives me insane" Ezra sighed.
"Here. Try it now" Kallus said handing over Ezra's blade.
The boy took it and ignited it.
With a buzz, the green blade lit up.
"Wow. Thanks Kallus" Ezra smiled putting it on his belt.
"Well, I gotta put my skills to use don't I?" Kallus replied.
"I'm glad you're on our side Kallus" Ezra told him.
"I'm glad I'm here" Kallus replied.

The two stood and went to find the rest of the crew.

I was smiling as I proof read this.
Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲