A Blade To The Side

" I'm... I'm what...? " Solar stammered.

" You looked at the laser head on when you shot it out of Thunder's range to save him, " Jason said, remembering the whole situation.

" Does... Does this mean I can't see anything anymore? " Solar said, getting scared. Cyclone placed a hand on his shoulder, making him jump a little.

" There's nothing we can do to cure the blind. I'm sorry, Solar, " Cyclone said. Solar didn't know where he was, he just stared at a direction and looked very shocked.

He started to shred tears, but they were both happy and sad ones. " I won't be able to see anymore... But.. At least I managed to save Thunder... "

Leaf felt sorry for him and went in to hug him. Solar gasped at his sudden embrace. He could hear Leaf's soft sodding in his shoulders.

I don't like being unable to see... Solar thought to himself. Then the door slowly opened. They saw a soldier sneaking in and shutting the door. They saw him locking it.

The soldier stopped at their cell, and opened his mask. Thunder was the soldier.

" Thunder... " Cyclone said.

" Shush! " Thunder said as he looked at the door if there was anyone coming in. " Keep quiet. I'm not supposed to be here. "

" Why are you here? You'll get caught if you don't get out now, " Quake said.

" I don't care if I am caught or not, " Thunder said. Then he saw Solar's blind eyes. " It's true. You sacrificed your sight to save me. Why? "

Solar tried his best to move forward to the bars. When he finally got hold on the bars, he began to speak.

" Thunder, " Solar said. Then he turned his head to the others. They all knew what he was going to do. Solar turned back to Thunder. " We have to tell you something. "

" What is it? " Thunder said.

" Thunder, believe or not, we knew each other before this. We were as close as can be, until you went on a mission which you never came back from, " Solar said. " We're your family, Thunder. We're your brothers. "

Thunder's eyes widened. He always thought he had people that were really important to him, but he couldn't make out who.

His mind started to hurt. He held in to try and ease the feeling. His legs made it hard for him to hold on.

" Thunder? Are you okay? " Cyclone said. Thunder looked at them, there was something different about his appearance. His eyes were a more lighter brown than before.

" C.. Cyclone...? " he said softly. But before he could say any more, the door bursted open, soldiers standing there, armed. The man was there between them.

" What are you doing in here, Thunder? " he said with a less concerning tone.

" Sir, " Thunder said. " What's going on? Who are these people? " he was so confused about everything. The man went closer to him.

" Thunder, I've told you before. They don't know who you are, and most importantly, you don't know who they are, they're just getting into your head, " the man said.

Thunder didn't look convinced. He was still confused about this. " That's a lie! Don't listen to him, Thunder! " Blaze and Ice shouted. Thunder looked at them, but the man pushed his head back.

He whispered something in his ear. Cyclone and Luke saw the man pulling something out from his pocket, it was a syringe with glowing green liquid in it. They made a move when the man pointed the syringe at Thunder's arm.

" Hey, what are you doing with that?! " Quake shouted, making the man stop and Thunder looking at them.

Thunder noticed the syringe and tried to get away from the man's grasp.
" What is that? " he said. The man grew angry and he made a move. He stabbed Thunder with the syringe and put the green liquid in him.

" Ah! " Thunder screamed in agony.

" Thunder!! " Cyclone, Luke and their brothers shouted. Thunder fell on his knees, trembling.

Cyclone glared at the man. " What did you do to him?! " he said, banging his hand on the bars.

" Nothing. Just something that will make him forget about you forever! " the man said, glaring at him. Thunder got back up, he took out his blade and swung it round.

" T.. Thunder....? " Cyclone said. Thunder turned around, his eyes completely black. The cell bars were deactivated, Thunder stepped in.

" Thunder... What are you... " Cyclone said, protecting his brothers. Luke protected his own. Thunder took out his blade, and aimed at Cyclone. He made a move.

" Thunder, no! Cyclone! " Quake shouted, going in front of Cyclone. He took the hit for him to the side. He fell in front of him, holding his side.

" Quake!!! " Cyclone shouted. He looked up at Thunder, who was looking at him with no emotion at all.
" Thunder.... No.... "

Thunder stepped out of the cell and activated the bars. The man laughed.
" That's a good soldier, Thunder. Let's go, " he said. They left the room in darkness.

" Ugh.... " Quake groaned in pain. He looked at his side, it was bleeding heavily. His vision became blurry.

" Cyclone... " he said. Cyclone was beside him.

" Quake.. I'm here... I'm here.... " he said, his eyes watery. Solar didn't know what was happening but he felt scared.

" Leaf... What's happening...? " he said. Leaf looked at him, he hugged him. He whispered it in his ear. Solar gasped and didn't say no more.

" W... Wait... Wait... I can try and heal him..... I cannot heal blindness but I can heal wounds... " Luke said. He knelt down next to Quake, he took his hand away from his side.

" It's very deep. With my full powers... I might only be able to heal him a little, " Luke said.

" Just.. Just do it.. He won't be able to hold on for long.... " Cyclone said, his voice trembled as he held Quake in his arms.

Luke nodded. His shaking hands gently touched Quake's deep wound. He concentrated to summons all of his healing powers.

Bright light formed around his hands. Quake felt his wound become less deep, his vision become less blurry. After a short while, Luke went limp from using his full energy.

Jason caught him before he hit the floor. " Luke.... " he said. Quake touched his side.

" He.. He did it. He didn't fully heal it, but it is now less serious.... " he said. Cyclone took off his cloth around his arm and wrapped it on Quake's wound.

" Thank you for taking the hit for me, Quake..... " he said. Quake smiled.

" Don't worry about me. As long as you're safe, " he said. " But... Thunder.. He has forgotten all about us.. What are we going to do now? "

Everyone looked at Cyclone. " I refuse to believe he has forgotten everything about us. There has to be something he still has of us in his mind. We need to try and get him to remember.. " he said.

Everyone nodded. " We need to let Luke and Quake rest for now. They have had a rough day.. "

" Right.... "

" Well, Thunder. I must say, you were absolutely amazing back there, " the man said.

Thunder nodded but didn't say anything. " Tomorrow we will do thing much more mesmerizing that that, you up for that? " the man said.

Thunder nodded. The man smirked and left him. Thunder waited until he was gone, he looked down to his hand.
In his palms was the lightning crest.