Chapter 46

Poe's POV:

The ship takes off, and Rey starts her mission. I'm sad that she has to be gone, but proud of her. Soon Finn, Rose, and I leave the hangar, and they decide to go bed since it is 1:40. Getting ready for bed, I put on my pajamas and climb into bed, it feels empty without her next to me. I sigh knowing I'm going to miss her while she's gone, but she's on a mission so I have to deal with it. I finally asleep, a deep sleep.
• • •
I wake up to the beeping of my pager, putting on my workout clothes I make my to the gym. All the recruits are there by the time I get there.
"You know the drill, start your warm up and then make your way over to the flight simulator." I say as they all get down starting to do push-ups.

      "You should be getting over seventy percent now on the simulator if not your behind." I say as some of them make their way to the machine.

      One my one they all go in, and their scores come out, there doing pretty good, the lowest score was a seventy nine. After looking at the sheet I turn back to them,
      "Tomorrow, you will meet me here, do your regular warm ups and then we will go to the hangar bay and you will be assigned an X-wing." I say and their faces light up.

      "We will start using them as practice instead of the simulator, but these X-wings are only to be used on a mission. Everyone got that?" I say and they nod.

      "Okay then, practice dismissed."I say and they scrambled grabbing their things before exiting the gym.

I soon leave after making my way over to the shooting range. Picking up the blaster and putting on the gear. I'm surprised there isn't a someone at the door. So anyone can just come in here and take a gun? That's smart. I think to myself shooting my first shots, there all off a little so I change my stance. They all are right in the middle, then I hear from behind me,
"Hey nice shot man!" I turn around to see Shane, picking up a blaster.

"Hey long time no see." I say walking over to him and bro hug.

"Same to you. Hey where's your girlfriend?" He asks rasing an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, she's on a mission. She left a couple of hours ago." I say

"Oh where to?" He asks.

"That I can't tell you know one of those top secret missions." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ah I understand, so how are you two?" He says leaning against the wall.

"Enough about me, what have you been up to lately?" I say smiling.

"Ah, theres really nothing to talk about, I have my three year anniversary with my girlfriend tomorrow.." Shane says getting cut off.

"Well that's pretty exciting! Three years is a big deal dude!" I say.

"Yeah I guess, but we have to stay just girlfriend boyfriend." He says frowning.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"She dosent believe in marriage." He says frowning.

"Oh, well that's too bad buddy, but if it really is true love you'll live with it." I say patting him on the shoulder.

There's a moment of Silence between us. Then Shane stands up and picks up his blaster.
"Well were here to shoot, not talk right?" He says shooting another round.

"Yeah, I guess." I say picking up my gun.

We shoot for a while, and after we go through about a box of ammunition we stop, putting our blasters away and walking out of the room.
"Talk to you later?" Shane says

"Yeah, see you later man." I say as we walk our separate ways.

I go back to the room, and change into regular clothes and putting on my new leather jacket. Then I find my old jacket, or Finns jacket now. I pick it up and head out the door to find Finn. After looking around for a while, I decide to give it to him later. But I turn around and se him walking down the hallway.
"Oh hey Finn!" I say yelling down the hallway getting his attention.

He makes his way to me as I make my way to him.
"Hey what's up man." He says

"I wanted to give you this." I say handing the jacket to him.

"It's your Jacket." I say as he looks at it and then back up at me.

"I'm not much of a sewer, but you know I was busy saving the entire fleet." I say grinning at him.

"No, this is, that's awesome Poe now I have my favorite jacket back." He says grinning at me.

"Well I got to get back to work, but I'll see you after." He says patting my shoulder before walking away.

I decide to walk back to my room not knowing what else to do, but instead of going into my room I go into Rey's. The door opens and I step in, her room is a mess, and it the familiar smell of her surrounds me. I decide to clean it for her, picking up her clothes and putting them in the laundry shoot, then making her bed, the note I left for her is still on the table I smile and then keep cleaning, picking up the towels in the bathroom. I walk back out of the bathroom, into the small living room area and I see a book on her coffee table. What is the force? I open the front page seeing that it was supposed to be brought back in four weeks ago. I decide to turn it back in for her, walking out of her room to the library. I open the doors and everybody looks at me, I realize I'm being too loud. I quietly walk over and put the book in the drop off box then quietly walking out. I run into Leia on the way back.
"Poe! Just who I wanted to see." She says

"Oh yeah! I wanted to talk to you too." I say

"You can go first." She says smiling.

"So what if the First Order finds us and we have to move bases, how is she gonna find us?" I say

"With this." Leia says holding out her wrist, showing a blue glowing crystal she's wearing as a bracelet.

"A homing beacon! That's brilliant." I say smiling.

"So where ever she is in the galaxy, she can."Leia starts to say "Always find her way back home." We say together.

"So what was it you wanted to tel me." I say putting my hands in my pockets

"Oh, Rey made it she's on Ahch-To."