Chapter 52

Poe's POV:

I watch as Luke, meditates he's talking to Rey through the force. We have more information now, we just need to find Snoke's ship and get her. Luke's eyes open and he looks at me,
"Rey wants you to go talk to someone named Maggie." He says.

I nod, and start to walk off, soon running in the hallways. I get to the front desk, the lady let's me in right away. Maggie's not in her office, so I sit down and wait for her. She soon comes in with a bunch of paper work. She puts it down on her desk, and looks up at me.
"Oh, Poe! What can I do for you?" She says smiling at me.

"Rey got taken by the first order, and she said she has something she wanted to tell me?" I say sitting up.

"Oh, okay. Just a second let me go get the papers." She says getting up, and walking to a cabinet.

She takes out a piece of paper and hands it to me. It says

Pregnancy test-Positive

I look up at her, with a confused look on my face.
"So what did this mean?" I say starting to panic

"I guess it means, your a father." She says.

"Wha, how far along is she?" I ask wondering why she didn't tell me.

"Umm it looks to be about four and a half weeks." She says looking at the calendar.

"Umm, Thank you for telling me, and when we go on the rescue mission will you come with us as medical?" I say starting to head out the door.

"Yes, of corse!" She says,
"Just page me when we have to go." She says as I head out the door.

       Who do I tell? Leia? Finn and Rose? Luke? I don't know anymore, I start breathing hard and fast. I lean against the wall catching my breath. People walk by me, looking at me with a confused look on his face. Finn runs up to me, taking my shoulder and leading me into a room. He sits me down on a chair and rummages through the drawers until he finds a brown paper bag. He hurries back over to me,
      "Just breath into the bag, and relax." He says as I start to breath into my bag.

      My muscles relax, and my breathing slows down. I take the bag off my mouth and put it on my leg.
      "She's going to be okay Poe." Finn says.

      "It's worse than you think." I say fighting the tears in my eyes.

      "What do you mean?" Finn says looking at me confused and worried.

      "You, you cant tell anyone I told you this okay?" I say in a broken voice.

      "Yes, of course." He says looking at me.

       "She's pregnant." I say "Rey's Pregnant." I say a second time burying my face in my hands.

       "Oh, it's going to be okay." He says putting a arm around my back.

      "You don't know that." I say

      "I don't, but I know Rey is a strong person and she can get through it." Finn says.

      I nod, trying to stop crying. Taking deep breaths in and letting them out.
      "I have to tell Leia, maybe we can get a plan faster." I say standing up.

      "Okay, do you want me to come with?" He says

      "No, no I have to do this alone." I say looking in the mirror.

       "Does it look like I've been crying?" I say, Turing back to Poe.

      "No, you look fine man." Finn says

I walk out of the door waking brisk fully down the hallway. I see Leia in her office with holding her hands to her forehead. I open and close the door she looks up at me, looking  stressed and tired. Is this the right time to tell her? I think to myself.
"What can I do for you Poe?" She says sitting up.

"I have to tell you something." I say

"About?" She asks

"Uh, Rey, it's about Rey." I say avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, what about her." She says sitting up.

"Well um, she, she's pregnant." I say with a worried look on my face.

"Oh no! How far alimony is she?"
Leia says with a concerned look on her face.

"Umm nobody knows for sure, but Maggie thinks about four and a half weeks." I say

She sighs, looking back down at the data and then back up at me.
"We are staring to get a good track on Snoke's ship. It won't be much longer." She says giving me a little smile.

I nod starting to walk off, but she calls me back over.
"Poe. I believe that there are congratulations in order." She says.

"Thank you, but please don't tell anyone, I or we will tell them when we're ready." I say

"I completely understand Poe. And don't worry we'll get her back."she says before I walk out of her office.

I breath in and out calming myself, walking around my mind spinning in my head. People say she's going to be okay, but will she be? I know she's strong and all but is the baby impacting her body, making her weaker? I walk to the cafeteria getting my food and sitting down next to Finn and Rose as they eat. I eat not saying a word, hoping they won't ask me about anything. But sure enough Rose pays attention to everything.
"Poe you haven't said a word all night." She says

"I'm fine." I mumble my face still in my food.

Finn and Rose look at each other, rasing their eyebrows. I get done and walk back down to my room. I start getting ready for bed, taking a shower, and putting on a fresh new set of pajamas. I lay my head on the pillow never feeling more alone. The last thing I think of before I fall asleep is hold on Rey we're coming, just hold on.