Chapter 63

Poe's POV:
(3  years after the wedding.)
warning little sensual at the end• You've been warned!!

I wake up to my beautiful wife beside me. Everyday I feel so lucky to be able to wake up to her, I get up and start to get ready for the day. Something feels special about this day, I must be missing something. I stand there thinking of what I'm missing, it's no ones birthday, I don't have a meeting today, I'm not on duty right now... Then I think of it, today is our anniversary. I didn't get her anything! She's going to kill me. 
      The next thing I hear is Rey yawn, and I see her sit up. I smile going to sit down next to her, my mind scrambling to think of a present.
      "Good morning." She says giving me a kiss.

      "Good morning sunshine." I say giving her a kiss back.

      "Why'd you call me sunshine?" She says with a sleepy smile on her face.

      "Because your my Ray of sunshine." I say smiling.

      "That's really cheesy Poe." She says smiling.

      "Sorry, I didn't really think about that, but I stand by what I said you are my Ray of sunshine." I say smiling.

      "No it's fine, I actually like that name." She says smiling sweetly, I look into her eyes and she looks back holding the stare.

      After a while, her eyes widen and she breaks the eye contact. She starts rummaging though her drawer.
      "I almost forgot." She says pulling out a box and handing it to me.

      "Happy anniversary Poe." She says smiling.

       I unwrap the box, and opening it. It looks like a old X-wing pilots helmet. I examine it, looking over the scratches.
      "I know it's really not anything, but I thought since it was your...." I cut her off finding the name Shara Bay.

      "My mothers helmet." I say looking up at her.

       "Yeah, Leia found it and I was waiting for the perfect time to give it to you." She says

      "Thank, you. This is amazing Rey." I say giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

      "Your going to have to wait a while to get your present, I have to tell you though it's not as nearly as good as yours." I say

      "I bet it'll be almost as good." She says smiling playfully.

      "So do you want to go get breakfast?" Rey says.

      "Yea, I'm up for that." I say

      "Okay just let me get changed and then we can go." She says getting clothes and walking into the bathroom.

      I pick up my moms helmet again, I stare at it proud to take her place. I put it on my dresser moving things out of the way. Soon Rey comes out, all ready to go. We walk out the door and done the hallway to usual dining hall. We sit down, the breakfast was pancakes. They planned it perfect, that's Rey's favorite. Finn and Rose soon join us, sitting down across from us.
"Happy anniversary you two! Happy three years!" Rose says smiling.

"Yeah, Happy anniversary guys." Finn says.

We eat in scilence which is uncommon for our group. Rey and I look at each other, and then look at Finn and Rose.
      "Is everything okay guys?" Rey says looking at them.

      "I want to get off this planet but, Finn doesn't want to leave the base." Rose said in a annoyed voice.

      Just then a light bulb lit in my head.
      "That's it!" I say standing up sounding successful.

       "What?" Rey says looking at me confused.

      "Oh, nothing. I just have to go talk to Leia, about a, a mission I'll be back. You stay here and help Rose and Finn." I say hustling off to see Leia.

      "Poe. Poe!" I hear Rey say but I keep on going.

      I get to her office and don't hesitate to go inside. She looks at me startled when I rush in.
      "Oh, hello Poe what can I help you with?" She says

      "Permission to use my X-wing tonight." I say

      "How many passengers?" She says.

      "Two." I say

      "How long will you be gone?" Leia says

      "Probably a half a day to a day." I say

      "Very well, be back no sooner than that." She says nodding her head

      "Thank you Leia." I say in a sigh of relief.

      I go back to the cafeteria to see that the group isn't there anymore. I walk down the hallway, and hear people arguing in a soft voice. I follow it to Finn and Rose.
"Hey guys do you know where Rey went?" I ask

"She said was was going back to the room. I think." Finn says

"Okay thanks, are you guys, okay?" I ask.

"We're fine." They say together in an angry voice.

I just raise and eyebrow and walk off back to the room. I open the door to see Rey lying on the couch, she looks up when the door opens.
"Hey." She says standing up anger in her voice.

"What'd I do." I say walking towards her grinning.

"You left me with Finn and Rose, who were arguing the whole time. Ugh, it was sooo aggravating." She says walking up to me and hugging my waist.

"Well you know what's going to make it all better." I say in alluring voice.

"What?" She says grinning at me.

"A nice trip off the base, just you and me for the rest of the day." I say

"That does sound nice. When do we leave?" She asks

"As soon as you want to." I say holding her hips.

"We'll leave in just a second." She says as I lean in towards her.

Our lips meet, and I kiss her, she kisses back. Her hands slide up to my back then to my hair and I grab onto her waist. Our lips break only for a second, and her legs wrap around my waist and I carry her farther into the room. Our kiss deepens, as I set her down on the bed, then climb on there with her. I wanted to wait and do this when we were at our vacation spot but now is okay too.