Chapter 58

Reys POV:

I wake up, opening my eyes I see Maggie talking to a nurse. I watch them, they make hand gestures to different things in the room, and then they look at me.
"Oh! Rey, I didn't know you were awake." She says walking over to me.

"What were you talking about?" I ask, as she looks at my burns and cuts.

"Oh, just some stuff for later. Your burns are looking a lot better." She says.

"Okay let's look at your incision." She says walking over to close the door.

"It looks pretty good, and healing great! How's your pain?" She says covering me back up and then putting the blanket on me.

"I haven't had any really in a while." I say

"Okay that's good, are you comfortable with getting up to move around today?" She says.

"Yeah! That sounds amazing!" I say smiling.

"Okay I'll have someone bring in your food, and I'm assuming you want to wait for Poe?" She says.

"Yeah." I say smiling as she nods and walks out of the room.

A while later a man comes by with my food. It's Porg eggs, some kind of fruit, and some green milk. It makes me think of ahah- to and training with Luke. I miss Luke, he hasn't come and seen me, and I really wish he would. I slowly start to eat my food, starting with the eggs, then the fruit, and finally my milk. I then push it to the side and wait. No one to talk to, I start to doze off, but soon wake up to noise in the hallway.
"Sir! You can't go in there in there without permission." A woman's voice says

"I don't need permission, she wants to see me." A familiar voice says as I open my eyes.

"How do you know that." She says desperate the voices getting closer.

"Because is me." He says entering the room, I see it's Luke.

"How are you doing Rey?" He says smiling.

"Can you get this lady off my tail." He says in a soft voice to me as a nurse hurries in the door.

"I'm sorry, he just barged in and wanted to see you." She says.

"He's Fine, you don't have to worry." I say smiling as she walks out of the room.

"So what was all that about?" I say trying not to laugh.

"Oh, well I said I was going to see you, and I asked at the front desk and they said I couldn't because they don't know if you'd want to see me, so I just came back anyway." He says bringing a chair over by me.

      "I have to say that sounds like you." I say

      "So really how have you been?" He says in a serious voice.

      "Do I need to start at the beginning?" I say

      "No Leia told me what happened. You don't need to explain" He says in a comforting tone.

      "What do you want to know then?" I say

      "Are you okay, are you really okay? Do you need to talk about it?" He says

There's a moment of silence, I don't know what to say. Should I talk about this with him? Would he understand? I guess it wouldn't hurt. Finally I break the silence.
"It's just, I never told him about, her. And I feel like if I would've then he wouldn't of let me go and the, the baby would still be here." I say

"You couldn't of known what was going to happen, you can't change the past. Everything happens for a reason." Luke says sitting up.

"I just feel terrible for not telling him though. I was just scared of what he was going to say." I say trying not to cry.

"Just remember what you do today will make you smarter in the future." He says

      There's a moment of silence, not knowing what to say.  Soon Luke looks at me and says,
      "Did you name her?" He says.

       "Shara." I say a happy/sad smile on my face.

"That's a beautiful, is there a meaning behind that name?" He says

"It was Poe's mother's name." I say

"Shara Bay? I remember her she was one hell of a pilot, just like him." Luke says with a little smile on his face.

"So how well do you know Poe?" I say trying to change the subject.

"Well I know he's a really good pilot, that he and you are dating and he cares for you, he can be cocky, but most importantly he's a good guy." He says smiling.

Poe enters with a smile on his face, but it starts to go away when he sees Luke.

"Did I interrupt something? I can come back later." He says

"No, your fine Poe. Come sit down." Luke says gesturing to a chair.

He smiles and moves the chair up by Luke.
"So what's new?" Poe says grinning.

"Nothing for me just being my same old self." Luke says leaning back in his chair.

"I'm going to get to get out of this bed today, and I don't know but maybe I'll get to get out of here soon." I say smiling.

"That's great! When is it going to happen?" Poe says in a enthusiastic voice.

"I don't know probably when Maggie comes in." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"That would make sense." He says

"So do you guys still use the same type of X-wings we did against the first order thirty years ago?" Luke says

"I think we have newer versions, but I prefer to use the older ones." Poe says grinning.

Soon they get into a long conversation about X-wings it's boring to me, but I'm glad there getting to know each other, and talking. My teacher, friend, and new father figure. And my Fiancé, soon to be my husband. I smile watching them talk on and on.
Maggie walks in and we all look at her, she takes a deep breath and says smiling.
"It's time are you ready to get moving!?"