Chapter 40

Poe's POV:
•an hour after Rey went to Leia's meeting•

I lean on the wall waiting for Rey to come out of the meeting with Leia. What could be taking so long? Finally the door opens and Rey walks out with a smile on her face, she sees me and she starts towards me.
"How was it?" I ask as we start walking.

"Oh fine, accually seems easy to me. All I have to do is get him to comeback to the base with me." She says

"Oh, okay, when do you leave?" I ask looking at her.

"She said a few weeks to a month, so we have a while." She says

I nod and we walk back to find Finn, telling him we would meet after the meeting. We find him sitting in the lobby like last night.

Finn's POV:

Rey and Poe sit across from me, I put down my X-wing manual.
"So how'd the meeting go?" I ask

"Great actually, I leave in a few weeks to a month, and it seems pretty easy" Rey says

"Good." I say.

We sit there in silence looking at each other. Ever since I met Rey I've had a crush on her. My heart aches and I wonder if I wouldn't of gotten hurt if I could've been the one, but her and Poe make the perfect couple. I've been able to let go, after starting to talk to a girl named Rose. I don't know what it is right now, we just talk but I'm starting to get feelings for her. After thinking about this I must've fell asleep because Poe was calling my name.
"Finn. Finn? Anyone home?" He says as I shake awake.

"Oh, sorry what?" I say

      "I asked, what are you reading?" Poe says smiling.

      "Oh! My boss is giving me a raise to an engineer. I would work on ships but mostly X-wings, but I have to pass the test first." I say frowning.

      "Wow your getting another raise already that's amazing! When's the test?" Rey says smiling.

      "In a week." I say frowning.

      "Well I could help you study! I am the best pilot in the galaxy, and an expert in X-wings." Poe says grinning.

     "That would be really helpful! Thank you!" I say excitedly knowing I won't have any other study buddy than this than Poe.

      Poe looks at his watch then back at us,
      "Well it's time for supper, you ready to go?" He says looking at Rey than me.

      "Yup." Rey says getting up.

      "In just a second I have to go put my book in my room." I say getting up and hurrying to go to my room.

      I open my door, and throw the book in my messy room. On the way I mentally face palm myself for not bringing a friend or even Rose, having to be the third wheel once again for the meal. It's not fun, that's why get so much food, to distract myself and so they can talk. But it seems like Rey has been eating as much or even more than me. It's surprising to see Rey's small body can keep down that much food, but we sit down at our table me with my normal amount of food, followed by Poe who has a burrito and Rey who has a small salad. They sit down and Rey frowns,
      "Why are you frowning Rey?" I say smiling playfully.

      "I hate this diet already." She says pouting.

       "You don't need to go on a diet Rey, your skinny already." I say

      "Yeah, but I've eaten so much lately." She says

      "You don't have to go on a diet Rey, you don't really need it anyway." Poe says looking at her.

      Soon her shoulders and she sighs and smiles.
      "Good, because I'm really craving chocolate cake." She says getting up to get some.

      I look at Poe with a confused look, looking back at me matching my face. She soon returns back with two prices of chocolate cake, and we start eating. After a while we're done and we go back to our rooms. I sit down and start reading my book, but get distracted. I decide to take a walk.
      I walk down the hallway, and find soon find myself in the hangar bay. I keep walking but soon bump into someone.
      "Whoops I'm so, oh it's you! Hi Finn." I look down to see it's Rose.

      "Oh hi Rose! What are you doing up so late?" I say

      "I just got off of work." She says.

"Working late or just got off your shift?" I ask

"Just wanted to work late, my sister Paige is on a mission right now, so I like to keep myself busy." She says frowning.

      "Ah, I see. She'll be alright, you know they only recruit the best pilots to go on missions because they know they'll do their job but get home safely." I say smiling at her.

"She is a pretty good pilot." Rose says smiling and grabbing the crescent shaped necklace that the two sisters shared.

      I've never met Paige, and have always wondered what she looked like and was like, but she can't be as nice and kind as Rose.

We start walking, and Rose let's out a blunt laugh.
"What's that for?" I say raising an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, it's just how could a Resistance hero like you, want to talk to an ordinary maintenance worker like me." She says

"Your not just a maintenance worker, your more than that Rose." I say.

Then there's more silence, then Rose turns to me letting out a big sigh.
"Wou.., woul'd you, I mean if you want to, like hang out sometime?" She asks.

"Yeah, that would be fun, accually, would you want to go get dinner with me and my friends tomorrow?" I ask

"I mean it wouldn't be anything fancy, just at the food court, but.." I say getting interrupted

"That would be fun." She says smiling at me.

We talk for a little bit longer and then part our ways, I smile and walk down the hall, hoping this will work out.