Chapter 8

Poe's POV:

I wake up to a loud thump, I quickly sit up and scan the room for answers. I look over to where Rey was supposed to be sleeping. She wasn't there, I started to panic but soon realize I'm overthinking it. I look on the floor and see Rey thrashing around in her sleep. I quickly climb down to try and wake her up. I start shaking her looking at the the worried look on her face, and under that I see her beautiful face. As I try to wake her up I hear her mumble things like.
"Your a monster! You killed your own father! A good man! She says in a broken voice.

I start shaking her more strongly now with both of my hands on her shoulders. Calling out her name, trying to calm her.
"Rey, Rey wake up! It's me Poe! You have to wake up. I say as stroke her head. At least trying to calm her.

She kept pushing me away, saying.
"Get away monster!" She said in a voice filled with so much hatred it hurt.

"Rey, Rey! I don't know who your talking about but there not here it's just me Poe! Please please please wake up! I say desperately in my last hope.

Right when I was about to give up I hear a loud gasp and Rey opens her eyes and sits up. I look her strait in the eyes still stroking her hair saying,
"Hey, are you alright?" I say in a comforting voice.

"Ya, ya I'm fine." She says wiping tears from her eyes. Before getting up and walking out of the sleeping quarters.

I watch her walk out but find myself walking out trying to find her. I know that feeling I get them sometimes, from missions I'll never forget. Nobody was there to comfort me then, but I can comfort Rey now. I see the door open and a shadow right outside. I walk up to her not knowing what to say but quickly find the answer. As I walk outside and turn to where Rey is sitting.
"Beautiful aren't they at the stars, there are so many and they all have a specific place in the universe. I say in a mesmerizing voice. As I sit down next to her.
      There was a silence for a while after that but I kept my patience and waited for her to speak.
"You don't have to do this you know, you could go get some rest we have a big day tomorrow. She says wiping back the tears, and then looking at me.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know your ok, and I won't know that until you go back to sleep. I'm still willing to talk if you need to, get it off your chest right before the mission. I say in a comforting and calm voice.

"If I get Say it If I talk about it What if it only makes it worse?" She says her voice cracking as she speaks.

"Talking about it, getting it off your chest is one of the best things you can do. I say in a comforting voice.

There is a moment where there is no talking, the only noise is the sound of Rey sniffling as she cries. I know she is just working up the courage to say it. She starts to say something and faces me but then she starts to cry again, even harder than before then she says as wiping her tears away.
"I'm sorry I'm not helping at all I'm not supposed to be a weak sad little girl that cries all the time, I'm supposed to be strong and not show my feelings." She says while looking down.

"Rey, crying is not a show of weakness it's shows strength. I say in a comforting tone.

"Ok, ok I'm gonna do this," she lets out a sigh and starts.

" It started on the mission to destroy Star killer base. I just got rescued by Chewy, Finn, and Han. They told me the plan and I followed it I wanted to help. We all started to set off button bombs, but then, he came," she said with so much hatred in her voice. I asked.

"Who Rey?" I say comforting her

"Kylo Ren, the monster." So much Hatred in her voice.

"And and Han went up to him his son. He looked him strait in the eyes a man he knew and trusted and loved, and,and," she kept saying over and over again.

I grabbed her hand and started to stroke her hair saying,
"Shh, shh , it's alright. You can do it get it out it's ok." I say in a calm and soft tone.

"And he killed him. His own father and the only man that was like a father to me. He looked him in the eyes and just killed him.

       She said tears rolling down her cheek. I use my thumb to wipe them away.
       "Then I had to fight him in the forest, he used the force to throw me into the tree knocking me out, when I woke up, Finn was there fighting and then a second later he looked like he was dead. I got up and somehow used the force to get the lightsaber and fight him off. I injured him, and I wish I could've killed him. The planet was starting to explode, but right in time Chewy flew in with the millennium falcon. I carried Finn as best as I could onto the ship. As we flew off, all I could think about were the people I lost that day. My only somewhat father, and my best friend, Finn, more like my brother,
and I still don't know if he's going to wake up." Rey says her voice hurting with every word she said.

      "I don't know what you saw me like tonight or what I was saying, but I've had terrible nightmares since that. That's why I sprinted into the sleeping quarters to get the top bunk, I was hoping that if I had a nightmare I would fall off the bed, wake up, and then get myself together, then go back to sleep." Rey says in a voice hoping I would understand.

      "Well your plan didn't work that well now did it?" I say in a gentle joking tone. trying to lighten up the mood. 

     "No not really." she says with a small smile on her face.

      We sit side by side again watching the stars, I put my arm around her shoulders, and she leans her head on my shoulder. We sit there watching the stars until Rey says,

         "Poe, thanks for staying with me, i'm not used to having people to talk to." She says in a grateful voice. While taking her head off my shoulder and looking at me. Then placing her head back on my shoulder.

        "I'll always be here, if you need to talk, I don't plan of  going anywhere anytime soon. I say gently.

       We sit there watching the stars until I feel Rey's muscles start to relax and her breathing slow down. I knew she was asleep but, I sit there for a little bit longer just to make sure Rey was not going to have anymore nightmares, and just the comforting feeling of holing Rey in my arms. After about an hour of sitting there I gently pick Rey up bridal style, and carry her to her bunk. I place her down gently, and giving placing a kiss on her forhead. saying

      "Goodnight Rey." I say

     Then climb down over to my bunk laying down thinking about what Rey and what she just told me, and in just a couple hours we will be fighting against the first order. Before falling asleep.

A/N

Sorry if you have already read this chapter! Wattpad is having some difficulties or something right now!