Chapter 21

Rey's POV:

A/N
There will be some spoilers from the last Jedi in here so you've been warned!

I wake up from my nightmare screaming, somehow Kylo and I have a linked force bond and he can talk to me whenever I fall asleep. I sit up panting trying to catch my breath, Poe comes racing into the room. He sees me and walks over to sit by me and comfort me to calm me down.
"Calm down Rey, it's ok it was only a dream." Poe says

After awhile I start to calm down to the point when I stop. I look at Poe who has a worried look on his face,
"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asks me

I shake my head no, he holds me for a little bit longer and I almost fall asleep. He kisses the top of my head and lays me down, and gets up. I grab his hand,
      "Rey, I have to get some sleep." He says to me.

      "Will you stay with me." I say looking into his eyes.

      "Ya, sure if you want me to." He says laying down under the covers next to me. I listen to Poe breath deep, until I fall fast asleep.

      I wake up the next morning with a weight on my chest. I open my eyes to see Poe's head laying on my chest and his strong arms holding my waist while he sleeps. I try to wiggle out as careful as I can, without waking Poe, but as soon as I try and get out of his arms I feel a tighter grip on me.
"Five more minuets!" I hear Poe mumble.

I sigh and lay back down, facing Poe.
"We have to get up Poe, Finn will be looking for us." I say

"He can wait five more minuets." Poe says smiling at me.

We we lay there starting into each other's eyes, Poe holding me. It feels like the safest place in the world. But like all good things, they come to an end. Finally I get myself, out of bed to get ready for the day. I tell Poe,
      "Go, get ready we're going to have to go get breakfast with Finn." I say while brushing my teeth.

      "If he's not sick from all that goulash." Poe says smiling before walking out of the room.

I finish brushing my teeth, and put on a outfit. I put my hair in my three buns, take one last look in the mirror and walk out of the room. I walk across the hall, and knock on Poe's door waiting for him to come out. I yawn leaning in the wall, even though I got a good sleep in last night, I'm still really tired. I start to dose off leaning on the wall, not knowing what was taking Poe so long. I fall asleep, for a second but the force connects me and Kylo.
"Hello again Scavenger ." Kylo says

"Kylo." I say

"So, are you going to freak out, like you did the last two times?" He says in a imitating voice.

"Why do we connect through the force?" I say ignoring his comment.

"The force does things for a reason." Kylo says taking off his helmet.

"Join me Rey, and you can fulfill that destiny we can take down Snoke and rule the galaxy together!" He says

"I will never join you." I say shaking my head.

"Yes you will, I can feel the dark inside of you! You will turn it is your destiny." He says

"No!" I say hate pouring through me.

"Yes! Use that hate, and turn against the light! Your already turning, just join me now!" He says getting frustrated but with power in his eyes.

"Never!" I say wanting to wake up,

"We'll see." He says with a grin on his face.

Kylo disappears and I wake up with a jolt, I'm breathing hard and I wipe the sweat off my forehead. I realize I'm back in my room in my bed. I sit up and look at the clock and it says 10:30 after I see a note right next to it. It says

Rey,
You look like you needed sleep, so I put you back into bed. Finn is sick like we both knew he would be after eating the goulash :). He's been in his room for most of the day, Come find me when you wake up so we can go get something to eat.
Poe

I smile and get out of bed, I redo my hair and wash up. After I walk out the door to find Poe, I walk across the hall and knock on Poe's door and there's no answer. So I assume he's with Finn so I make my way down to his room, but to my surprise I bump into Finn in the hallway.
"Oh, I was just looking for you. Where's Poe?" I ask

"Oh, you didn't hear? There was an attack in the Kamino system, and Leia sent all troops available to go help." Finn said

"What?! He still has another week before he's permitted to go back to flying." I say

"He's not flying, he signed up for combat." Finn says in an awkward tone

After that everything is a blur, I start running down the hallway towards General Leia's room. Making my way there I see her talking to General Organa and one another woman I didn't recognize. Leia looks over at me and a worried look comes across her face.
      "Rey?" Leia said stepping walking over to me.

      "Where is he?" I say out of breath from running.

      Leia turns back and says
      "Excuse me" to the generals, and leads me to a chair and I sit down. She sits right next to me.

      "He's on a mission he should be back in a couple of days." Leia says

      "Why didn't anybody tell me?" I say my voice cracking.

      "We couldn't find you, I asked Poe where you were and he said not to worry." She said trying to calm me.

      "Well, he should've told me." I say wiping my eye.

      "I know I would be angry at him too if he didn't tell me." She said I smile.

      "He told me to tell you that he Loves you" Leia says

      Just then Finn runs up to us,
      "Rey! Are you ok?" Finn says

      I nod and then a buzzer goes off and  Leia gives me one last look and then stands up and Faces Finn.
      "Take care of her." I hear her mumble to Finn. Then someone yells at Leia and she hurries as over to assess the issue. I stand up and Finn leads me out of the room feeling dizzy with thoughts racing through my head. The only thing I can think of though is  all the bad things that could happen, and how I wish I could just go back to this morning where Poe was holding me in his arms.