Chapter 18

Poe's POV:

We sit there together, Rey leaning on my shoulder until the sun goes down. I look over at Rey who is sleeping. She looks so beautiful, peaceful, when she's sleeping. I give her a kiss on the cheek, she smiles and opens her eyes.
"Hey beautiful, it's time to go back." I say caressing her cheek.

"Already, I was having a good time." She says pouting.

"Unfortunately it is." I say as I stand up.

I put my hand down to Rey who grabs it pulls herself up. She holds on to me as I bend down to grab her crutch.
"Thanks." She says

I smile gently and nod and we walk back to the rebel base hand in hand. Playing the game where I look at her and then she looks at me. We get to the base and walk up the stairs, I walk behind Rey ready if she falls, I don't want her to get hurt. We get back by our doors and smile at each other.
"See you tomorrow?" She says smiling.

"See you then." I say squeeze her hand and we let go and walk into our rooms.

I get into my room and lean against the door smiling. I didn't let her go, like Leia said,
"If you love someone tell them, even if your scared."

I stay there for a while just smiling and drifting off into space. Finally I snapped back into reality and got ready for bed, brushing my teeth, putting on my pajamas, and placing my pager on my nightstand. Just in case Rey needed me. I make my bed since I didn't do it, when I got out of bed. Then get under the covers my fan on full power, I fall fast asleep with a feeling of peace and love in my heart.
                      •Next day•

      I wake up and look at the time it says 7:32. I wonder if Rey's up. I don't know when she gonna get up or if she is up, so I put on my clothes with my favorite jacket and walk out to get some breakfast. I get a cheese omelet, with Jawa juice, and I get the same for Rey. So she doesn't have to waste time coming down to get her breakfast, I can just give her breakfast in bed. I get back to my room putting the treys down on my coffee table in the living room. As I go to take my first bite my pager goes off, I rush over to see what it's for. It's from Rey,
I walk casually but hurry over to her room. I get in and I see Rey sitting up by the side of her bed staring at her crutch, which was laying on the other side of the room.
"I just need some help, I got angry so I threw my crutch across the room." She says disappointment and frustration in her words.

"Is everything ok Rey?" I say picking up her crutch and then sitting by her.

      "I'm fine" she says

      I look at her waiting for her to respond, with a unsure look on my face. She sighs and looks into my eyes,

      "It's just I hate being this person who needs help with every little thing. I don't need help, but then I do and I feel like a weak little girl." She says I can see frustration in her eyes.

      "Rey, your not weak. It's ok to ask for help, that doesn't make you weak it makes you strong, and you might not have to have that thing that much longer anyways. You have a appointment with Dr.Antilles today." I say.

      She smiles and says
      "It's already been three days? What time is it?" Standing up.

      "Well it's 8:56 right now, and I think your appointment is at 11:20." I say

      "Well then I have to get moving." She says

      "I got some breakfast for you, come over to my room when your ready and you can eat it." I say smiling and standing up.

      "Poe." Rey says

      "Yeah?" I say turning around.

      She walks up to me and gives me a hug.
      "Thank you, for being there for me."

      "I know you would do the same thing for me, if I were in your shoes." I say

We stay there hugging for five minutes. Until we break apart and I walk out the door. About ten minutes later I hear a knock on the door and then Rey enters.
"Whatcha get me." She asks smiling

"Umm, a cheese omelet and Jawa juice." I say with food in my mouth.

She sits down beside me and starts eating.
"This is amazing!" She says eating it faster

I laugh and watch her eat her omelet like it's the only thing she's had to eat in 2 months. We sit there in silence eating our food, and by my surprise Rey gets done before me.
"Do you want the rest of my omelet?" I ask smiling

"If you don't want the rest of it, ya." She says smiling.

I push the plate over to her and she starts eating it right away. I just laugh and chug down the rest of my Jawa Juice. I'm glad she's eating more, she's getting her strength back. I watch her take the last bite of my omelet, and she looks over at me.
"What?" She says with a mouth full of omelet.

"It's so funny to watch you it's almost cute." I say smiling

      She gets a mad look on her face.
      "Now your really cute when your mad" I say smiling.

      As swallows the rest of the omelet and says
      "Well, it's funny how your hair is always messed up." She says trying not to smile.

      I just start laughing, patting her on the back. She looks at me with a mad face and crosses her arms. Finally she starts laughing too, and before we know it its 11:00 and we have to go to her appointment. We make our way down to the hospital wing and Rey checks in and then sits down beside me.
      "Nervous?" I ask looking at her.

       "A little." She says looking at me and me looking back.

      "It'll be ok." I say smiling and then a nurse opens the door and says
      We both stand up and make our way back to Rey's appointment.

A/N
Sorry I haven't been updating a lot I've been really busy and have been experiencing writers block. Thanks for reading my book it means a lot! Sand_is_kool_66