Chapter 54

Poe's POV:

      Rey falls in my arms, I hold her carrying her bridal style. Her eyes are closed and her breathing is shallow, she has a cut on her cheek and forehead and a deep one on her shoulder. But the thing that scares me the most, she's bleeding? Why is she bleeding? Is there something wrong with the baby? Is it hurting her?
      "We have to get back to the ship, and hurry." I say as Shane takes the lead and I follow him followed by Luke.

      We run into some stormtroopers but Luke uses the force to push them out of the way, Shane shoots some more that's running in our direction.
      "BB-8 were coming have the ship ready to take off when we get there." I say into my communicator.

      I hear a series of beeps, and we turn the corner, running almost sprinting, Luke keeps up. We get to the docking door and we meet, a lot of stormtroopers. Shane shoots first and I feel a pulling at my belt and I reach down to grab my gun. It's not there I look behind me and I see Luke starting to shoot at the storm troopers. Soon there's enough room where I can fit through with Rey. I run as hard and fast I can, I feel a stinging in my shoulder, but I keep running, soon Shane and Luke start shooting from behind me, the doors of the ship open and I am met by Maggie.
      "Bring her over here." Maggie says as I follow her into a room full with medical supplies.

      We all filed in to watch Maggie, she starts by giving her medications.
      "How long has she been out for?" Maggie asks.

      "Uhh, I don't know about five or ten minutes." I say.

      "Okay, give her two liters of proline. Let's try and wake her up." Maggie says as a nurse stabs her with a needle, and hangs a bag above her.

       Finn and Rose walk over to stand by me. We all watch, as they set up Rey on a machine. They put a mask over her face, I suspect to help her breath better. She soon starts to cough, and her hands go to her stomach. She starts to groan, Maggie leans down beside her.
      "Rey can you hear me?" Maggie says in a soft voice.

       "Yea." Rey says in a painful voice.

       "Okay, can you tell me where it hurts the most?" She says.

       "My stomach, and my back." She says almost crying.

       "Okay do you have any other things you want to tell me, before I put you to sleep?" Maggie says in a soothing voice.

      "Umm, I feel like I'm gonna throw up, I have really cramps and I'm bleeding." She says

      "If you could rate your pain a one being no pain at all to a ten being the worst pain in your life how would you rate your pain." She asks

      "Twenty four." She says.

      "Okay, now I'm going to sedate you so you go to sleep and don't feel any pain okay." She says.

      She nods as the nurse sets it up the machine. Maggie turns to all of us,
      "I'm going to examine her, so you all need to leave. I will update you all after I'm done now out." Maggie says.

      "Wait, Poe, where's Poe?" Rey says in a weak and hoarse voice pushing away the mask.

      I look over at Maggie who looks at me and nods. I walk over to her, I put my hand on her head starting to stroke her hair.
      "I'm right here Rey." I say

"I'm sorry Poe, I'm sorry." She says she says in a weak voice, a tear running down her cheek.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." I say stroking her hair.

Rey winces and then looks at me again.
"She's losing too much blood, we have to put her out." Maggie says.

"I love you Poe." Rey says,

"I know, I love you too." I say giving her a kiss on the forehead.

I start to walk off, but she grabs my hand. I walk back over to her, holding her's in a tight grip. They put the mask on her and her eyes begin to close, and soon she's asleep and her grip loosens. I start to walk off when Maggie asks my name.
"Poe, I didn't want to tell Rey this, but she's having a miscarriage, and there's only about five percent chance I can save the baby." She says

My heart drops, and my face goes pale.
"Okay. Just do the best you can." I say nodding before walking out of the room.

I get out there and almost everybody is sitting in common area. They all look at me when I come out, I don't say anything. I sit down next to Finn and Rose. The rest of the trip home, is a daze of in and out of focus. I lean on my arm and a sharp pain escapes from it. I sit up groaning feeling my shoulder, there's dry blood. I look at it, I must've got shot and not realized it. I go to the on call nurse, she gets tongs, some bandages, and a sling.
      "Okay this could hurt, so get ready. I'm going to grab the bullet with the tongs then wrap up your arm in this bandage and you'll have to see this sling for two to three weeks." She explains to me.
      I nod letting her know that I understand. She picks up the tongs, and looks at me.
       "Okay I'm gonna start on three, one, two, three." She says putting the tongs into my would and moving it around vigorously.
      I clench the sides of the table in a dead grip. My knuckles turning white. Soon she pulls out a large metal thing she holds with the tongs. I sigh in relief, as she takes it out and wraps a large bandage around it. I put the sling on and tell her thank you before walking out of the room. I ship lands and the door opens, almost immediately after a gunnery comes in, and Rey is transported out. Only a blanket to cover her. She has every supply there is here, she'll be alright. I say to myself walking off the ship, back on the base.