Chapter 9

Rey's POV:

I woke up feeling groggy and relaxed. I open my eyes to see that everyone is up and getting ready to leave. I feel angry that someone didn't wake me up, but I don't have anything else to do. I lay there in my bed thinking about last night, when I told Poe about my nightmares and what happend that day. He was right talking about it did make me feel better. I quickly get up realizing that I haven't eaten breakfast yet. They were serving Eggs, Sausages, toast and jam, with Thala-siren milk I sit down, by myself like usual wishing Poe was here to sit next to me, but in a split second of thinking that I hear a plate getting dropped on a table right across from me and sure enough there was Poe. I smile as he sits down across from me. He says,

"So, you ready for the mission?" he says in a cheerful tone. While starting to shove eggs in his mouth.

"Ready as i'll ever be." I say with a mouth full of toast.

"We should get done in about 10 hours, thats if everything goes to plan. " he says in a serious tone.

"Do things usually go wrong?" I say curiously

"Sometimes, but General Organa usually has plan B and C." he says as he finishing his plate.

Right as I was going to ask about plan B and C our mission buzzers go off. I look at Poe with a worried look, but soon wipe it off my face. As we walk out of the cafeteria Poe grabs my hand, and I grab back. We give each other one last look, then Poe says,

"Go get the stuff you need, meet by the ship i'll see you soon Rey. He says in a soft,comfortable, loving tone.

Poe looks at me strait in the eyes, and gives my hand one last squeeze before sprinting off into the opposite direction as I run back to the sleeping quarters to get my bag and take one more look around. Before running back to the landing area. I look around and see my team and quickly run over there, to find Poe talking about something to the group. Poe sees me and says there you are Rey. Ok were all here now he says to the rest of the groups and we start heading out of the base in our groups. To fight the first order this is what we've trained for.
     We walk to the edge of the forest, we explain the jobs to each group. Then Poe gives each person 20 button bombs.
"These will be placed on the signal tower where when we see that group A and B is back we will blow it up. Which should give group C enough time to get to the weaponry. Then we're the distraction, while group B goes and takes over the controls group C will come and shoot the troopers or whoever is keeping us hostage. Alright got it?"

We all yes, and nod. Just then our groups starts jogging through the forest. It takes about 40 minuets to get there but we are right on schedule. We get to our location and we all hit the green bouton on our mission planners to signal to the other groups that we are ready. We get the "ok" to start and we move fast and unnoticed. We get to the tower, and are greeted by group B. We quickly scatter the bombs and are sneaking out when a loud buzzer goes off. I hear Poe curse under his breath and yell out loud.
      " Everybody move! We have to blow the tower up before they call for help!"         

      The whole group starts sprinting down the hallway where we came. We make it outside, and quickly send the "ok" to teams A and C. Right as we do that a bunch of ships come out of nowhere!
      "EVERYBODY TAKE COVER!" Poe says loudly.

      I stop looking where I need to go. Out of nowhere I hear a gun shot and then a pain in my shoulder. I fall down in pain but realize where I am and run over to where the group is. The pain is overwhelming but I want to keep fighting, I need to. We start running again, I quickly get up and start sprinting as hard as I can.I can barely keep with the group, Blood soaking my clothes from behind. Then seconds later I hear troopers running up from behind, everybody stops realizing this was part of the plan. We all turn around with our hands up.
      "Get on the ground!" I hear one trooper say.

      I look at the people who are laying next to me it's Chi and Poe. I look over at Poe who whispers to me.
      "Are you ok? What happened?" He says with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine, I got shot by a stormtrooper on the way to find cover" I say as I begin to feel tired.

"Hey! You two stop talking!" The stormtrooper says.

I start to relax even more but panicking because I need to stay awake. Then suddenly a stormtrooper gets a message from a beeping device on his belt. He pulls it out and says to the other trooper. Master Kylo wants to see the attackers alive. I shoot a worried look over to Poe, he glances back mouthing to me. It's ok Rey, stay calm I'll be here. I nod taking the worried look off my face. Then I hear a stormtrooper say.
"Everybody stand up, if you make one wrong move i'll shoot you." He threatens in a coarse voice.

Everyone stood up slowly, one of them yanking my backpack off my back making me fall to the ground. Poe helps me up. I stumble but get in the line following the people in my group. Poe whispers to me,
"I'm right behind you Rey."

I nod hoping he got the message. I feel the blood now, all over my shirt probably soaking through. I keep waking though like nothing's there. We get into the building and have to walk up what feels like a million stairs we get to the top and I can feel myself getting weaker and weaker. On the last step my foot ketches on the step in front of me and I fall a little Poe catching me. He says
"Woah! You ok there Rey?" He say in a worried tone.

"I, I'm fine" I say even though I'm not. Walking up the last step into a big dark room to see all of my group members kneeling, with hands behind their back. I quickly join them, looking strait ahead and I see him again creature in the mask. He scans the people in the rooms and stops on my face.
"So we meet again scavenger girl, still crying over what you called a dad." He said his voice cold.

      "I don't know, are you thinking you'll be anywhere near as powerful as Darth Vader was?" I snap right back to him with no expression on my face.

      Just as he processed what I said and put his hand right next to my face. I feel the familiar stabbing pain in my head. I hold back trying to make it go away, using all the strength in my body I had left. I scream out in pain, my body wanting to stop but I wouldn't let it. I yelled, I yelled at the top of my lungs with all the fury and strength I had left in my body saying.
      "GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU MONSTER, YOU MURDURER! I scream using all the hate in my body.

Slowly he lets go finally putting his hand down by his side. Just then I hear a big blast coming from outside. I see group C finally coming to rescue us. All I can do is kneel there I feel like I can't move. I hear Kylo Ren say
"Grab the girl!"
At that time all the power in my body is gone, I fall to the ground. The last thing I hear is Poe yelling my name,
"Rey,REY! I'll come back for you Rey! I promise." He says in a worried tone.

I feel people grabbing my arms and then everything goes black.