Chapter 59

Poe's POV:

"Let's get started." Maggie says walking over to Rey.

Luke gets up and starts to walk off.
"You can stay if you want Luke." Rey says

"No that's okay, I have to go talk to Leia anyway. It was nice talking to you." He says before walking out the door.

"Who was that?" Maggie asks

"Luke Skywalker." Rey says

"The Luke Skywalker! I thought he was in hiding?" Maggie says.

"That was Rey's mission was to bring him back, but it went south when you know." I say as Rey looks down.

"Oh, okay. Well let's get started." She says as Rey sits up.

"Take it easy. So here's what's going to happen. Your going to stand up and we're going to be on either side of you. Then your going to walk, and if you feel any pain in your incision more than a four then your going to sit you back down. We don't want to to rip you incision. Okay, any questions?" Maggie says

"Do I get out of here if I prove to you I'm okay?" Rey says smiling at Maggie.

"Yes, but if there is pain you have to tell me, or you'll only get worse and have to stay here longer. Okay?" Maggie says and Rey nods.

I stand up and walk over to Rey's side. She stands up, stretching her legs.
"Is there any pain right now?" Maggie says.

"Nope, but there's a like a pulling feeling." Rey says

"That's normal, okay lets walk." Maggie says but Rey is already ahead of her.

      She starts walking and we follow behind her. She seems to be doing fine,
      "Pain?" Maggie says as Rey turns around.

      "Just a little like a two or three." She says

      "Maybe we should be done for today?" Maggie says.

      "No, no I'm fine. It's a three not a four." Rey says

      They lock eyes for a second, Rey looking desperately into her eyes.
      "Okay, but if it gets even a little bit worse we should stop." She says

       We go for a walk through the halls, then walking back to the room. She sits back down on the bed.
      "So no more pain? None at all." Maggie says

      "Nope not more than I three I swear." Rey says

      "Well, if that's all then I'll let you get out of here today." She says writing down something on a piece of paper.

      "Really! Yes! That's amazing!" Rey says smiling.

      "But you have to take it easy for the next couple of days." She says looking up from her paper.

      "I can deal with that." Rey says looking over at me. I smile back at her.

      "Okay So this is your discharge paper, and I am putting you on rest. No running for at least two weeks. Also here is some burn cream, put it on at least two times a day until it's all gone." She says handing Rey a small flask, and me a paper.

      "Okay, thank you so much again for all your help." Rey says standing up and hugging her and then Maggie comes over and hugs me.

      Maggie walk out of the room, and we walk down the hallway and I hand the secretary Rey's paper.

      We walk out of the infirmary hand and hand.
      "It feels so good to get out of that place. I hope I never have to be in there again." Rey says.

      "So do you just want to your room or walk around for a while?" I say

      "Wait! We're at a different base? Where are we now?" Rey says stopping in her tracks.

      "We're on Yavin Four, our base got attacked and we had to evacuate." I say looking at her.

      "Oh, well let's walk around then. So I can find my way around this place." She says smiling.

      We walk down towards the ships and back up to the cafeteria. I fill Rey in on everything she had missed. Soon she starts laughing, I look at her in confusion.
      "What are you laughing about." I say smiling at her.

      "Oh, I'm just thinking of the way Luke barged into my room." She says smiling.

      "Really how'd he do that." I say in a joking tone.

      "Well I was just siting in my room doing nothing, and I hear yelling down the hallway. Soon Luke shows up yelling at the secretary, I told her off and she looked so embarrassed." She says as we start laughing.

      The afternoon runs away and it's night. We go back to the room and Poe shows me where to go.
      "So I didn't know if you wanted your own room or wanted to share one." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

      "I'd share a room with you if you'd be okay with it." She says smiling.

       "Fine with me." I say smiling.

       "So we're moving in together!" Rey says hugging me excitedly.

       We walk in the room and she sets her stuff down.  
       "What time is it?" She says yawning.

      "Umm about ten fifty."  I say looking at my watch.

      "It's about time to go to sleep, actual sleep." She says smiling.

      "Do I have clothes anywhere?" She says looking in the closet.

       "Umm I don't think so, you can use some of my clothes if you want. They'll probably be big though." I say.

      "I guess, I'll just go get some tomorrow, I need some new clothes anyway." She says. I hand her a T-shirt and some shorts.

      "I'm honing to take a shower, and then will you help me put that cream on?" I say

      "Yeah, sure." I say as she takes the clothes and heads to the bathroom. 

      I change into my pajamas, and wait for Rey to get out of the bathroom. She soon comes out, the shirt I gave her goes down to her knees and the shorts go even lower. I smile at her, she pouts walking over grabbing the cream and giving it to me.
      "Okay, ready?" She says sitting down on the couch, her back facing me.

      "Yeah." I say pulling off the lid.

      She pulls up her shirt so I can see her back. I see the burns on her back, and I start putting it on. She shudders when I start, but it doesn't take more than a few seconds. She puts her shirt back down, and stands up. Pulling up the shorts.
      "Ugh! I hate these shorts! This shirt is long enough I'm just going to take them off." She says giving me back the shorts.
We both go over and lay down, Rey finally next to me.
      "Are you okay Rey?" I say looking at her, she has a sad look on her face.

      "It's just I miss Shara. And I feel like it's my fault she's gone." She says tears rolling down her cheeks.

      "No it's not your fault, it's just something that happens." I say starting to tear up.

      "And I'm still really sorry about not telling you. That's the thing I feel the most terrible about." She says.

      "That's fine, you'll just know for the future. I understand why you didn't, you don't have to worry I'm not mad." I say.

      "Are you sure?" She says

      "I'm completely sure. Come here." I say as I wrap her in my arms and kiss her on her head.

      She turns off the lights and we lay down Rey still wraps in my arms.
      "I love you Poe." Rey says

      "I know." I say as we fall asleep together Rey back in my arms where she is supposed to be.