Chapter 26

Poe's POV:

I wake up to a banging on my door, i groan and get up to open it. It's Finn, he stands there in what looks like to be his mechanic clothes, with stains all over.
      "Hey Finn! What's up! I haven't talked to you much since I got back." I say giving him a bro hug.

"Can I have a word?" He asks in a softer tone. I gesture for him to come in and I follow him and he sits down on the couch.

"What's up." I say sitting down on the couch across from him.

"It's about Rey, she wasn't doing very well when you were gone." He said awkward/ serious tone.

      "What do you mean?" I ask in a serious tone.

      "She wasn't eating a lot, and I could tell she didn't get much sleep, I'm honestly surprised that she didn't collapse or anything of exhaustion." He says

      I sit there in silence taking it all in,

      "Look, I can tell she has feelings for you. Like, she cares for you." Finn says rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

      "Well, I would hope so, were dating after all." I say grinning

      "Really?! Poe that's amazing bro! I'm really happy for you!" He says enthusiastically, but I could see sadness in his eyes.

      "How long have you two been together?" He asks

      "Umm, let's see, about a month I think?" I say

      There's a knock on the door and Rey walks in with a book under her arm.
      "Oh, Poe your awake, oh hey Finn when did you get here!" She says smiling and sitting down next to me. There was a moment of silence,
      "Well, I should get goin back to work," Finn says standing up

      "Oh, ok see you later." Looking disappointed

      We watch Finn walk out the door, then Rey looks at me confused.
"What was that all about?" She asks

"Oh, nothing really, just talking." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"What kind of stuff." She says easing an eyebrow.

"Oh, just Guy stuff." I say smiling at her.

She just looks at me still raising her eyebrow.
"Oh! I did tell Finn that we're dating." I say

She hits my arm playfully, but had a angry look on her face.
"I wanted to tell him together why didn't you wait for me?!" She says in a whiny voice.

All I can do is laugh and smile at her.
"What?!" She says crossing her arms, pouting.

      "Your so cute when your mad." I say  smiling at her and starting to laugh even harder.

      She keeps pouting but can't keep a strait face for long and soon she start laughing too. We sit there laughing for a while, we finally settle down I wrap my arm around her waist and sets her head on my shoulder. We sit there in silence, enjoying just sitting in each other's presence, something we've both been missing. After a while, Rey leans towards me, and puts a hand on my chest.
      "So do you wanna get some supper?" She says sighing looking into my eyes.

      "Can we just sit there for a few more minuets?!" I say whining, and making a tighter grip on her waist.

She gives me a quick peck on the lips and wiggles out of my arms.
"I guess you'll have to catch me then." She says giggling and starting to run.

      I start to run after her, and she runs out the door, but we both know that I'm faster than her. I finally catch up to her grabbing her waist and lifting her up off the ground. She squeals and try's to wiggle out of my arms, but I know better this time and make sure she doesn't get away.
"Let me down." She giggles as her arms and legs wiggle around.

Finally I do, I sigh and look into her eyes.
"How about some lunch now?" I ask grabbing her hand.

"Ok." She says as we walk through the hallway.

We get to the cafeteria and it was a menu I have never eaten before. Pancakes, with taun taun bacon and a wookie cookie.
      "Hmm, I've never had this before."
I say looking down at Rey.

      "What's a pancake?" She asks in a confused voice.

      "I guess we'll find out." I say grinning down at her.

      We walk in and get our food. There's a flat circular cake like figure as the pancake, with long wavy crips for the bacon. Rey and I sit down in our usual spot, and we start eating. I look over at Rey's plate, she put chocolate chips on her pancake, and some kind of syrup? She starts eating it, so I start eating my pancake too. I found a easier way to cut up my pancake was just to use my hands, and this made an enormous difference! The pancake was so good! Like I haven't had real food in forever. I get done with my plate to see Rey looking at me,
      "you all done?" She says smiling at me.

      "Ya, that was really good! Your not done though are you?" Seeing that only  a 2/3 if the pancake was eaten, half of her wookie cookie and two strips of bacon.

      "Ya, that really filled me up!" She says rubbing her stomach. I frown,

      "Do you want the rest of it?" She asks.

      "No, no I'm fine I just wish that much food didn't have to go to waste."I say.

"Me too." She says looking down at her food.

"Well let's get going." I say smiling getting up to dump my trash into the trash compactor and Rey follows me.
"So what do you want to do tonight?" She asks grabbing my hand.

" I was thinking of going to bed early, I think you and me both need the shut eye." I say, Rey frowns but she knows I'm right.

"Ok," she says looking at her watch, it reads 9:48.

"Finn must've gotten held back at work I hope everything's ok." Rey says as I we turn towards the dorm rooms.

We get back to the dorm rooms and say our good nights to each other.
"Night." I say leaning against the wall.

"Night." She says and I kiss her goodnight.

I get ready for bed, brushing my teeth taking a shower, and even putting new sheets on. I finally climb into bed and fall asleep quickly, but I soon wake back up from a nightmare, trying to go back to sleep, but I can't. So I get up and walk across the hall to Rey's room. She's sleeping, peacefully, I pick her up bridal style and carry her to my bed.
"What are you doing." She says mumbling sleepily.

"Couldn't sleep." I say

I lay her in my bed beside me, I put my arms around her and she lays her head on my chest and I fall back into sleep slowly but peacefully, knowing that Rey was there by my side.