Chapter 70

Rey's POV:

Four months

I wake up, having to go to the bathroom again. Ugh, the perks of being pregnant. I mumble to myself as I get up and walk to go to the bathroom. I look at the time, which says 2:30. This is like the third time tonight! Could you knock it off at least until morning? I say to the baby, as I climb back in bed. Poe wraps his hand around me placing it on my stomach, I put mine on his as I fall asleep.
•••
I wake up naturally this morning, which is a surprise. My morning sickness has gone away, I haven't had it for at least two weeks. At least that parts over. I stretch sitting up, I find Poe brushing his teeth.
"Oh hey Rey! Your up." He says in a mumble, spitting as he talks.

"Yea. You better go spit that out, or your gonna have a mess to clean up." I giggle.

"Oh, right." He says covering his mouth and fast walking to the bathroom.

I swing my legs over standing up, walking to the bathroom I see a large box in another room. I walk in as Poe cleans off his toothbrush putting it away.
"What's the box for?" I ask.

"It's the crib, it finally came." Poe says.

"So that's what we have to do toady." I say.

"Yeah, I left food in the table for breakfast. So you can eat when your ready." Poe says smiling.

"Thanks." I say kissing him on the cheek.

      I eat my food quickly, wanting to get started on the crib. As soon as I get done I stand up and change into sweatpants and a comfortable t shirt before walking over to the box. Poe soon comes and sits by me, breaking open the box.
      "Okay the instructions say we need  to put the bottom together first." He says.

      I give him the pieces as he puts them together, soon it starts to look like a crib. After an hour of working we are only half way done. My back starts hurting, and I feel tired.
      "Ugh, are we almost done? I feel like we've been doing this for an hour!" I say laying on the ground."

      "That's because it's only been an hour." Poe says smiling.

"Ugh, I'm already tired and I haven't been doing anything." I say sitting up again.

"If you want I can finish this and you can go rest." He says rubbing my back.

"Yea, but then I feel like I'm not doing anything." I say in a calmer voice.

"Rey, your doing most of the work. Your keeping the baby healthy and safe." Poe says.

I frown, I know that he's right but I don't move.
"So please let me do this much." He says helping me to my feet.

"Fine, but only because you said so." I say laying down on the couch.

I watch Poe for a while, before gradually falling asleep.

                               •••
      I wake up gradually, as I look over to see  the crib all made and the bedding on it. I slowly sit up, and make my way over to it. I trace it with my hands, as Poe comes up and hugs me from behind, placing a hand on my now enlarged stomach.
      "Just give more months and there will be a baby in that crib." He says kissing the crook of my neck.

      "It's going to go by so fast, What if I'm not ready." I say turning around to face him.

      "I don't think anybody's ready, when you have your first child. You just let fate take the wheel and go with it." Poe says.

      "And if it makes you feel any better, I don't think I'll be easy either." He says.

      "Okay." I say sighing.

      "So, where do you want to put it?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"Umm I was kinda thinking in our room, so we could get to the baby easily." Poe says looking around scratching the back of his neck.

"I kinda like that idea." I say looking at my watch.

"But we can do that later because if we don't hurry we're going to miss our doctors appointment." I say hurrying over to the closet to put on shoes.

"I didn't even know we had one today." Poe says hurrying over to the door.

"Yea, and it's an important one." I say as I stand up as we hurry out the door.

When we get there my ankles start hurting, as soon as we're done checking in I immediately sit down looking at them. They look bigger than usual and the skin around them is puffy. I nudge Poe who looks over at me and then my feet.
"It looks like their swollen." Poe says to me softly.

"Yea, that's what I thought." I say.

"It's probably just from carrying around so much extra weight." I say shrugging it off.

Poe nods as our name gets called and we walk back into the now really familiar office. I step on the scale, and the nurse writes down a number. After we follow her back to a room as she takes my vitals.
"Welp Rey, everything seems to be normal, and it looks like you've gained about twenty three pounds which is a good sign and means the baby's growing." She says

I look over at Poe with a surprised face and he looks back at me with a smile.
"Well Maggie should be in here shortly." She says before leaving the room.

It's not that much later that Maggie comes in.
"Hey guys! How's it going?" She says sitting down on a stool.

"Oh I think pretty good, except my ankles are swollen." I say

"Oh, well that's normal especially for a woman or your size Rey, it's not used to carrying around that much extra weight." Maggie says setting up the ultrasound.

"So what are you sixteen weeks?" Maggie says putting on gloves as I lift up my shirt.

"Yea, Four months." I say as she puts the gel on.

"Well then we have a have a chance at seeing its gender, if you guys want to know it." She says looking at us.

I look over at Poe who nods.
"Yea we want to know." I say smiling.

She puts the stick on and starts the ultrasound. Checking everything.
"Well the baby looks good." She says looking at me.

"So are you ready to know the gender?" She says as Poe grabs my hand.

"Congratulations! Your having a

A/N
You really think I would tell you now? Have to wait till it's born to know so keep reading!!!