Chapter 33

Poe's POV:

I wake up, Rey out of bed, brushing her hair.
"Your finally up there sunshine." Rey says to me, there are light circles under her eyes, and she looks tired and stressed.

"What time is it." I ask

"Umm, about ten after eight." She says looking at the clock in her room.

I stretch and get out of bed going to the mirror, looking at my hair, and coming it with my fingers until it looks decent. Then I take out my nice shirt and pants from my bag, walk to the bathroom and put it on. After I'm done I walk out hearing the sound of a hairdryer. I walk over to Rey's room,
"I'm going to go get breakfast and bring it back here, what do you want." I say talking over the hairdryer.

Rey turns it off and puts her hand on her chin.
"Hmm, either a burrito or pancakes." She says.

"Okay, I'll be back." I say giving Rey a kiss on the cheek.

I hear the hairdryer turn back on as I walk down the hallway to where we were yesterday. I walk in the door and the familiar sound and smell surrounds me. I walk in looking at the different foods. For myself I get a mammoth muffin and I get Rey pancakes. I walk back to the room with the food in one hand and drinks in the other. Not being able to open the door, I knock on it hoping Rey will open it. There's no answer the first time, so I knock again. Finally I hear the door click and Rey opens it.
"Sorry." She says

"It's fine." I say bringing in the food.

I set the food down on the table, and then sit down in a chair, Rey soon joins me sitting across from me. She grabs the pancakes and rips it apart with her fingers. Then she pours syrup on it. I start eating my muffin, ripping off the bottom piece before eating the top. I soon finish, gulping my juice down with it. Rey soon finishes too and I look at the time, the clock reads 9:30.
      "We have about half an hour before we have to go." I say to Rey.

      "Okay, I'm almost ready I just have to put my hair up." She says walking back into the bathroom .

I wait sitting on the couch, she comes back out her hair in a braid with a bun at the bottom.

      She sits down on the me couch next to me, and lays her head on my shoulder. She sighs,
"So how'd you sleep." Rey asked me

"Oh pretty good, did you ever go back to sleep?" I say looking over at her.

"No, I didn't." She says yawning.

"So are you going to sleep tonight?" I ask

"No, I'm going to try not to sleep until I have to."she says in a painful voice.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you, I really wish I could do something to help." I say

"We should probably get going, we don't know how long it's going to take to get there." Rey says standing up, grabbing my hand.

We walk out the door making our way down to the door that said Private on it. Opening the door we are greeted by a man.
"Are you Poe and Rey?" He asks

We say yes and he gestures to us to come in. We walk in and there's a long hallway with many doors on each side.
"You are in room four." He says hurrying over to open the door for us.

He smiles at us as we walk in the door, I reach in my pocket and give him a tip.
"Thanky." He says smiling at me

Rey and I sit down at the table, and soon a man dressed fairly well comes through a door and says,
      "Now presenting the council of Yavin Four." As four people walk out and sit in chairs across from us.

"Welcome," one of them says before they all sit down.

"Glad to be here." I say smiling back at them.

"I assume the reason you are here is to discuss war." He says

"Yes your honors, we cannot win this war without your help." Rey says

"And How is that?" A woman says

"We need you to defend the outer rim, and defend it, not letting any first order ships get in or out." Rey says

"So you want us for defense." She says back to Rey.

"Yes, but that's not why we came here, we came here to become allies." Rey says back to her.

The woman didn't say anything back, and on the other side of the table there was a woman writing something down.
"If we don't gain forces, and come together we'll lose this war that us and our older generations that have been fighting for for the longest time." I say sounding desperate.

"Yes, but what if the other systems don't want to join." He says.

      "We will light the spark that will burn the fire that will take the first order down." I say he nods, understanding.

      "Think about it like this, would you rather live in peace, or live under darkness where there's pain and suffering everywhere." Rey says in our attempts to convince them.

      "We will talk in private and get back to you." The man says as they all stand up at the same time and walk back into the room they came in.

      "I think we did a pretty good job." Rey says in a soft voice with a small  smiling.

      "Yeah, but we'll just wait and see." I say smiling back.

Not very long after, they come back out. Standing in a group the man in the front says
"We have negotiated about your issue, and we have granted you permission to meet with the senate tomorrow at five thirty am."

"Yes your honors." I say

"Thank you your honors." Rey says as we bow.

They leave shortly after and the man from the door comes back, and walks us out of the door. When we get out the Rey let's out a happy squeal and jumps into my arms.
"We did it." She says hugging me

"We did, but only the first part." I say as Rey stands back down on the pavement.

"Ya but it can't get that much harder." She says grabbing my hand as we stroll back to the room.

I look at my watch, it reads 2:45, wow we spent like all of our day in there I didn't think it would take it would take that long. I shrug it off, still making our way back to our room, thinking about what we'll have to do to impress the senate, and how hard it's going to get from here.