Chapter 13

Poe's POV:

I walk out of Rey's hospital room feeling invincible! I didn't know that was how it was going to happen, but my plan worked out well like always. I grin as I walk down the hallway making my way to General Organa's office. I knew this time would come, but she paged me at such a bad time. I stand in front of General Organa's door, I put my hand took a deep breath and say to myself.
      "Remember Poe you did this for Rey, nobody got hurt and nobody died what do you have to be afraid of?"

      I turn the handle and walk in, Leia stands up when she sees who it is.
      "Ah, commander Dameron please sit down we have a lot to discuss." She says calmly

      I nod and sit down she goes on by saying,
      "So hows Rey?" She asks

      "Fine, actually she's doing well the doctors say she's recovering quickly." I say avoiding eye contact.

      "Good, but you know why I brought you here today right?" She says looking me.

      "Yes ma'am" I say looking back at her.

"You endangered the lives of crew men, you went on a mission without any consent, you went against my orders! Poe you let your personal feelings get in front of what you know best." Leia says frustration in her words.

I sit there in silence, not saying anything because all of the things she just said was true. I bite down on my jaw waiting for her to speak again.

"Poe, I know how it feels I've been in your position before. All you want to do is have that person back, you keep playing back the last moment you had together in your head. All you want is to have them in your arms again. I get what you did, you think it felt right, but it wasn't." Leia says in a understanding tone.

"So it is right for her to get tortured by the first order? It's ok for us to just forget about her or about anyone who has died saving the Resistance!? We don't forget Luke Skywalker, we don't forget him because he blew up a Damn space station! We have no idea where he is but today he is remembered! Other people though, people who helped with that mission, people who blew up a tie fighter behind Luke, so he wouldn't get shot himself, there not remembered because if that person would've shot and missed and the one and only Luke Skywalker was killed at that moment would he have been remembered probably not." say holding the tears back.

"Poe that's not what I'm saying, what you did was not bad, but not good.... Just don't do again." She says

"Is that all?" I say standing up

"Not yet, your punishment is a month ban on flying any ship unless it is emergent. That includes no missions either." She says

      I nod and stand up and start walking to the door when Leia says,
      "And Poe, if you really have feelings for her let her know. Don't tell her I told you this but I can tell she has feelings for you too." Leia says with a wink. I turn and walk out the door and walk away. I don't care that I have a month ban of flying ships, saving Rey was worth it. I walk back to the medical bay, thinking that now was later. I stop at the front desk, and then make my way back to Rey's room. As soon as she sees me she sits up.
      "Finally" Rey says as I walk in the door.

      "Ya miss me?" I say laughing

      "It's so boring here" Rey says whining.

"So I guess that's a yes" I say as I smile and sit down in the chair next to Rey.

"So what was the pager about?" Rey asks

"Oh, just Leia." I say

"What's your punishment?" Rey says in a softer tone looking at the ground.

"hey, it doesn't matter what my punishment is. It was my choice to rescue you and I don't regret it." I say

She turns and looks at me I look into her beautiful brown eyes, and right when she's about to say something the doctor walks in.
      "Sorry if I'm interrupting something , I can come back later." She says in a polite tone.

      "No your fine" Rey says giving her a grin

      "Ok Rey, I would like to do an ultrasound on your leg, and if I see enough healthy tissue you can try and walk." She says walking over to Rey with a big machine.

      "And everyone's ok here right?" She says before proceeding.

      "I want Poe to stay" Rey says

      "Ok, This will be a little cold" She says as she puts some gel on her leg.

     She begins the procedure and a picture pops up on a little screen.

      "Ok you see here, there's a good pulse and see that thick mustle right there? There's your  tendon there's still a little bit of scarring there but that shouldn't be a problem." She says her face smiling.

      "Can you move your foot up and down for me?" She asks

      "What about side to side?" She says encouragingly.

      Rey winces but does her best, moving slowly she moves it up and down then side by side.

      "Good! I know this is hard you got your major tendon almost cut in half. Your doing so great though, and if your up to the challenge would you want to try and walk in a couple days?" She asks

      "Yes!" Rey says excitedly

      "But, I want Poe to be there." Rey says looking back at me.

      I smile and nod back
      "Sure, I would be happy to be there." I say happily

      "Ok, then I'll page you when the time is right?" She asks

      "That would be great, but I might already be here." I say laughing.

      "Ok I'll see you later, and by the way I don't think I introduced myself my name is Dr.Antilles." She says with a smile as I walk out the door.

      Rey and I talk for about and hour and a half more then a nurse walks in and says.
      "Visitor hours are over." Then leaves the room.

      "See you tomorrow then?" I ask

      "I guess so." She says a painful look on her face.

      "Why do you have that look on your face? Are you hurting? Do I need to call
Dr.Antilles?" I say in a worried tone.

      "No, I'm fine it's just what if I have a nightmare?" She says

      "Then you can tell me about it first thing tomorrow, and you can always have somebody page me, I am a light sleeper and will be here as soon as I eat the call." I say giving her one last smile and tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

      She nods and I squeeze her hand and say,
      "Goodnight Rey." As I walk out the door.

      All my plans were for the month were to be with Rey Leia couldn't of given me a better punishment. I smiled as I got back to my room and went to sleep.