Chapter 25

Poe's POV:

I feel the ship land, and I walk get up. Only a few of us got out, and if it wasn't for the back up resistance fighters we would have died. I managed to escape with only a few cuts and bruises, luckier than some other guys. The door opens and I walk out, many people greet me and shake my hand, but the only person I want to see is Rey. I walk out farther making sure to shake everybody's hand on my way out, still no sign, I keep looking.
Hasn't anybody told her that I'm back?" Is she mad at me?

Terrible things go through my head. I start panicking, then I hear someone scream my name.
"Poe!"

Then I see her, she just as or even more beautiful than I saw her before. She tackles me in a hug, I hug her back. People turn and look at us but I don't care. Her eyes start filling up with tears,
"I thought you were dead." She said
       I wipe away her tears, and then she lets go so I can finish shaking hands and talking to people and then we leave. I put my hand around her waist not wanting to let go.
      "So what have you been up to while I was gone?" I ask

      "Oh, hanging out with BB-8 and Finn. Do you know that Finn got a job as a mechanic?" She says smiling.

      "Really!" I say surprised of why he wold get a job.

      "Oh, and it turns out that I'm five sensitive, like Jedi force sensitive." She says in a softer tone. Looking at me with worried eyes hoping I wouldn't freak out on her.

      "Really?! That's amazing Rey you still are amazing me with all your amazing talents!" I say kissing her forehead, and smiling.

      "So did you tell Finn?" I say in a serious tone.

      "No not yet, we're just starting to go public now so I thought he should find out like the rest of them." She says

      "Good idea" I say winking at her.

       She giggles as we make our way back to the rooms, but as soon as we walk into my room the atmosphere changes.
      "Why didn't you wake me up?!" She says starting to cry again.

      "I have been worried every night about you barley able to sleep I thought you were going to die out there and I didn't get to say goodbye!" She says tears flowing down her face.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her,
"I know, and I feel terrible every time I think about it." I say, as she cries in my arms.

"Promise, me you'll never to do that again." She says looking up at me.

"I promise." I say

I sit on the couch holding her in my arms, as she's calms down. Her breathing gets slower and she falls asleep. I lay my head on top of of hers, fatigue taking over me from the mission. My eyes shut and I stay there, holding Rey in my arms, just like before.
•••
Rey's POV:

      I wake up with a jolt, the last words from my dream still ringing in my ears.
      "these are your first steps."

      Hoping I didn't wake Poe, I lay there for a little while longer to make sure, and after I carefully lay his head down on the couch, and put a blanket over him. I kiss him on the forehead and then walk out of the room, knowing that Poe needs a good sleep. I go back to my room and sit criss crossed on the floor, thinking about the dream and what it meant. I remember the seeing R2D2, and Someone crouched down beside him, watching a building burn, I saw kylo in the rain on Jakku starring at me like he knew I was there, I remember seeing me, me as a little girl, Yelling to my parents
      "Comeback!" Hoping they realized they forgot me, and when they heard me shouting they would realize they left me and come back. Then the five words that were the last think I remember from the dream.
      "These are your first steps." It was t the words that stuck out it was the voice, one I've heard before. Someone familiar, and I want to find out.
After meditating for a while, I get up and go check on Poe. I walk in the room, and he's still sleeping. I decide to  wait for him to wake up, so I go back to my room and grab my book, then sit on the couch opposite to the one Poe's sleeping on. I sit down and open the book to the contents, I flip trough the pages, and realize I have read this book front to back. I sigh wanting to check out a new book, but not wanting to leave Poe, but after thinking about it I realize that Poe probably won't be up for a while, so I leave a note.

Dear Poe,
I went to the library to get a new book, if you get this page me and I'll be back as soon as I can.
-Rey-

I make my way done to the Library, getting lost in hallways is more accurate description. I've never been that good at directions but I've managed to find places pretty easily. I finally find my way down to the library. I walk through the doors, and go give the librarian my book to check back in. Then I go back to the other books I looked at before, and look at the book I should get next.
    Hmm, famous Jedi, how to build a lightsaber, everything a force sensitive person needs to know, what is the force, the mind of a Jedi.
I pick out what is the force wanting to get a better understanding of what it actually was. I walk back up to the checkout table and get out my card. She scans it and I'm all ready to go. I take my card and place it back in my pocket, take my book under my hand and head out of the library back down to the rooms.