Chapter 55

Poe's POV:

I've been walking around the base for a few hours. I feel delirious, not knowing where to go. I walk up and down the hallways by the infirmary doors, soon Maggie comes out with a cap and a mask on. I walk over to her, and without her saying a word I can see it in her eyes.
"So do you want me to tell you the news now, or with Rey?" She asks me.

"Just say it now." I say, she doesn't speak for a while.

"Poe, you should sit down." Maggie finally says grabbing my shoulder and I sit down in the chair.

I don't say anything, I wait for her to say something. She sighs and looks at me,
"Rey, had a miscarriage from all the stress that was being put on her body when the first order captured her. And I gave you a percent of the chance I could save the baby, and it was slim. And the odds weren't in our favor." She says I think about that for a second.

      "So, that means you couldn't save the baby." I say

       "Yes, I tried everything I could. I'm sorry Poe" she says

      "Wha what about Rey? Is she okay?"  I say looking desperate.

       "Rey, is stable for now. She just had a major surgery and is recovering from a lot of trauma, but yes, she should be fine." She says.

      "Can I see her?" I say

      "Not right now, she just got out of surgery but I'll have someone page you when you can. Okay?" She says.

      I nod standing up and starting to walk off. Maggie calls my name,
      "Poe, I'm sorry for your loss." She says as I turn around and start to walk again.

      I walk back to my room, not making contact with anybody. I walk in and the door closes. I take a deep breath in, realizing what this means. We lost our baby, was it my fault? Rey's gonna be devastated. Rey, why did she get captured again? I would do anything to trade places with her. Why does this always happen!
      Thoughts run through my head. I kick the table, as hard as I can. I soon regret it, the stinging in my leg increases. I sit down, not wanting to keep the tears back. I let go, the tears rolling down my cheeks. Soon I decide that's I've cried enough. I suck it up inside me, trying to relax. I take deep breaths, in and out. Sitting on the cold floor. I lean against the wall, closing my eyes, I fall asleep.
•••
      I wake up to a buzzing in my pocket, I pick it up it's my pager. It's the infirmary, I can go see Rey. I stand up and race out the door, running corners hoping people will get out of my way. I make it there in a few seconds, walking in the door everyone looks at me. I don't care, I go up to the secretary. I start to say but get interrupted by her.
      "Go on back, she's in room 2450." The Lady says.

      I walk back, to the room. I open the door, Rey is still sleeping I pull up a chair and pull it up to her bed side. I grab, her hand.
      "I don't know if you can here me or not Rey, but I'm here." I say

      I stay there for the rest of the day, but going to get supper, not wanting to miss Rey waking up. I start to fall asleep in the chair, still holding onto Rey's hand. I hear someone walk in and I open my eyes, it's Maggie.
      "Your still here." Maggie's says surprised.

      "Yeah, I want to be here when she wakes up." I say with a tired voice.

      "Poe, that's going to be a while." She says writing down things on a clip board.

       "That's okay, I'll wait." I say.

       "Do you want to see, the wounds she got?" Maggie asks me.

      "Sure." I say sitting up.

      "Well as you can see on her face there is a deep cut on her face, that I stitched up and then her jaw bone is a little swollen." Maggie says putting pressure on the area, Rey flinches in her sleep.

      "Can she feel that?" I ask.

      "Yes, she is just sleeping." She says uncovering her shoulder.

      "Okay, What else?" I say

      "Well she has a pretty bad burn on her shoulder." She says.

      "There are also burns on her wrists, neck ankles and back, but there not as bad as this one." She says

      "That's probably from the interrogation chair, they can electrocute you." I say looking down.

       She nods, walking back over to Rey.  She pulls up her shirt so I can see her stomach and part of her ribs.
      "Some is her ribs are bruised, but those usually heal on their own." She says.

"And this." She says taking off a bandage. "Is her scar from surgery." It's a long cut that is held together with stitches.

"That's where, you know, had to take the baby out." I say swallowing hard.

"Actually, in a miscarriage the body starts contractions and the baby comes naturally." She says.

"Oh okay, so what did you have to cut into her for?" I say

"She had some internal bleeding, and I had to close her Cervix to stop the bleeding and make sure there was nothing wrong with her uterus or the walls." She says.

"Okay." I say nodding, and Maggie puts the bandage back on and covers her back up.

"Do you have any other questions?" She asks.

"Umm, nope I don't think so." I say

"Well I'm gonna head out, I gotta do some work but I'll be in my office if you need me." She says before walking out of the room.

I soon fall asleep and a new day appears.

Day 1
She's not awake, I leave her side only to the bathroom. Finn brings me food. We wait.
Day 2
Standing still how long can she go on sleeping? A nurse comes in and gives her water and food from a tube. Finn and Rose came by, but soon left.
Day 3
I told Finn and Rose what happened. Rose started crying but I stayed strong. She just needs to wake up.
Day 4
Leia comes in to see Rey, she tells me Luke is going to stay and help us fight. As she leaves she gives Rey a kiss on the cheek. She's like a mother to everyone.
Day 5
Her wounds are healing, and Maggie did a Cat Scan and said her organs and everything look great. I haven't left the infirmary yet.
Day 6
Finn sat with Rey. He let me go back to my room, I shower and wash up getting something to eat. I hurry back, and she's still asleep I didn't miss it.
Day 7
Any day now any day. I feel refreshed after being able to wash up. I brought some books to read, but I don't feel like reading them. I'm getting impatient now, why can't she just wake up.
Day 8
She's getting more color to her, and her cheeks are starting to get hotter. Her skin feels more warm and life like now. Maggie said it shouldn't be any longer.
Day 9
I have a feeling it's going to be soon. I just have a feeling. I miss her, being able to talk to her, laugh with her, hold her in my arms. But I'll be able to do that soon now.
Day 10
Her eyes are starting to flutter, she's waking up today. Maggie and I are waiting it could be any minute now. I grab her hand and her eyes slowly flutter open. She's awake!

A/N
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's a little bit longer than usual but whatever! Have an amazing day! And may the force be with you.