Chapter 68

Rey's POV:

"Maybe it's not." I say to Poe thinking about what been happening in my head.

      "Wha, what do you mean?" Poe says as he tries to process what I'm thinking.

I let him think about it for a second, thinking maybe he would get it. I've had all of these things before. The morning sickness, the headaches, and being sleepy all the time. He looks at me, I smile and look back at him.
"Okay do you remember when I used to get sick in the mornings, and when I had cravings for like every little thing?" I say hinting at him, a smile creeping over my face.

      "Yeah, I remember." He says starting to smile, as he catches on to what I'm thinking.

      "And What day is it?" I say.

      "Looks like the twenty first." Poe says.

"Are you saying you think your.." Poe starts to say.

"I think I'm...." I start to say.

"Pregnant." We say together both smiling at each other.

I bring him into a hug, and we kiss.
"We're not for sure yet, you know?" I say.

"Yeah, I know but for right now, we think it's true. So let's leave it at that." He says tucking hair behind my ear.

      I nod standing up and walking out of the room. I look around, not impressed by what we have.
This room barely fits two adults, how is it going to fit two adults and a baby? I think to myself.

      I guess we have a while to think about that. I say smiling to myself.

      "So what do you want to do?" Poe says

      "Let's go get some real food." I say smiling.

      "That sounds nice." Poe says smiling back at me.

He grabs my hand as we walk down the now bright hallway. Finding our way to the cafeteria, there only serving one thing today, omelets. We get in line telling the chef what we want, and he gladly makes them for us. After i grab some sarlacc bacon and decided on chocolate milk. After we decide on a table and sit down, I look at what I got, frowning at my decisions. I look up at Poe's food. He got an omelet, with one or two pieces of sarlacc bacon and regular white milk.
"You know, I should start making healthier choices, now for the baby." I say.

Not a second after I say that Rose and Finn come and sit down by us.
"Baby? What you talking bout baby's for." Rose says raising and eyebrow.

I look over at Poe, he shrugs back at me. Rose gasps and gets an excited look on her face.
"Wait! Are you guys, having a baby?" Rose says as we tell her to get softer?

I look at Poe and Finn, there both grinning at each other. I look back at Rose, who looks at me with excitement.
"We don't know for sure, but we're pretty positive we are." I say smiling.

       "Oh! I'm so happy for you guys!" She says bringing me into a hug.

      After I we back to eating, feeling hungrier than I did before I eat my omelet and drink my milk filling myself up. After we dump our trays and walk out of the cafeteria.
      "Well I'm glad the lights got turned on" I say hoping to bring up a conversation.

      "Yea, it took a lot of work but we got them back on." Finn says smiling.

      "You helped turn them on?" I say

      "Yea, Me Finn and a couple of others." Rose says.

      "Nice job guys, I can't thank you enough." I say giving them both give fives.

      "Yea, you guys are life savers!" Poe says smiling at them.

Then after a few moments to silence, I feel a buzzing coming from my pocket. They look over at me with curious eyes, as I take my pager out of my pocket. As I look at it, I see it's from Maggie, realizing I had set up an appointment I look up at Them.
"Umm, sorrry but I have a thing and a place I have to go to right now. I'll see you later." I say smiling and grabbing Poe's wrist speed walking down the hallway.

"W, Where are we going?" Poe asks.

"We have an appointment with Maggie right now." I say as I slow down as we approach the infirmary.

Walking in the door, we tell the secretary who were here to see and sit down waiting for our name to be called.
"This is a first, were actually waiting to go in." Poe says to me smiling.

"Yea, it really is." I say staring to laugh.

"Rey?" A woman says in front of a open door.

We get up and walk back as the nurse brings us into a room. I it's done on a table as she does different things to me and writes it down. Finally she looks back up,
"Okay, Maggie will be in shortly." The lady's says before walking out of the room.

"Okay thank you." I say before she closes the door.

The room is quiet, as we wait for Maggie. I let my feet swing back and forth as I wait. I look over at Poe who gives me a smile, and he's about to say something until I hear a knock on the door. Maggie walks in, and we all smile.
"Hi how are you guys doing?!" She says giving us a hug.

"Oh just fine." Poe says sitting back down.

Maggie sits on a chair, and looks at us.
"So why are we here today?" She says in a warming voice.

"Well, We think I'm Pregnant and we want to get some tests done to make sure." I say smiling.

"Well congratulations! What symptoms have you been having?" She asks.

"Well, tiredness, cravings, better sense of smell, and morning sickness." I say looking over at Poe to see if I hit them all.

"And how long ago was the intercourse?" Maggie asks.

"Oh, umm about five weeks ago." I say blushing and looking over at Poe.

"Well then we don't need to do a blood test, Let's do an ultrasound." Maggie says grabbing a machine.

"Okay." I say confused but smiling.

Maggie puts the table up and has me lay back, Poe comes over by my side holding my hand.
"Can you lift your shirt?" Maggie says putting on a pair of gloves.

I do as she says lifting just enough to see my stomach. I can see a little bulge there, could it be the baby? I think to myself as I get snapped back into reality when the gel hits my skin. After she turns on the machine, and puts the stick on it. The machine sounds like there's wind around us, and the metal feels cold against my skin. As we wait, finally Maggie smiles.
"Ah-ha! There it is!" Maggie says smiling, turning the screen towards us pointing at a little dot.

I smile and look at Poe.
"Our little creation we say." As Poe and I kiss, with the happiness that he baby has brought us.