Chapter 29

Rey's POV:

      Poe and rush to Leia's room for an urgent mission. Half of me is relived that I'm going with him, but half of me is worried that I could lose him. As we're running down the hallway, we run into Finn yet again.
"Woah! Where are you in such a hurry to go to?" He says holding his hands out in front of him.

"Leia paged us, and it's urgent so we can't explain talk to you later." Poe says as we start running again.

Soon we make it, we walk into her office out of breath she's talking to someone on the phone. We sit down and silently wait for her to finish.
      "Yes, I understand governor I'm sending two of my best troops to negotiate with you. We really need you on our side if we want to win this war." Leia says desperately.

Mhmm yes I'm sending them today. Ok there here I have to go. May the force be with you." Leia says as she hangs up the phone and looks at us.

      "So you probably know why your here." She says look at us

      "We have to go somewhere to negotiate with someone." I say shrugging.

      "I'm sending you two to Yavin Four, to negotiate with the governor, there not one hundred percent on our side, and we need them on our side if we're going to win the war." Leia says

"How long are we going to have to stay there?" I ask

"That I'm not sure four to five days? Maybe a week." She says sitting back into her chair.

"How much convincing does a governor need?" I say

      "You can't just talk to the governor first you have to go through the council, then the senate then you get to meet the governor." Poe says looking over at me.

      "So when do we leave?" Poe asks

      "In a few hours, so I would start planning and packing." Leia says

"Meet me in the hangar bay at 5:40." Leia says

I nod and look over at Poe, we get up and walk out the door.
"What time is it now?" I ask not having my portable watch on.

      "Umm, it's about four o'clock." Poe says looking at his wrist.

      "We better get back and start packing then!" I say starting to walk back to the room.

      "What is it like on Yavin Four?" I ask,trying to fighter out what clothes I need to bring.

      "Umm it's mostly covered in trees and it rains a lot so it'll probably be pretty cold." Poe says

"Okay." I say

We heard back to our rooms to pack, I get out the biggest bag I could find, I find a book bag and start packing. I start packing everything I'll need from pajamas to bullets. When I'm finally done my bag is stuffed, carefully zipping it I set it by the door and sit down on the couch. Deciding what to do, I look at the clock and it reads 4:21. Looking for my book, I realize I left it in Poe's room, so I stand up to go get it. I walk into his room, I see him sitting on his couch, his face buried in his hands. I walk over and put my arm around him he sobs, and for a while we sit there, as I'm comforting him. After a while, his tears stop and I wipe away the ones on his face.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask smoothing his hair back.

      "I miss my parents, and I know I really shouldn't be complaining because you never knew yours." He says

      "No, I get it." I say looking into his eyes.

      "And I haven't been back to Yavin Four, since my fathers funeral." He says.

      I nod and we sit there in silence for a while longer.
      "It was my place, the place I would go to be with my family, the place where I have so many good and bad memories at." He says wiping more tears off his face.

      There's another silence, as I think of something to say,
      "Well it was your place, so let's make it our place." I say smiling at him,

He looks at me with a small smile on his face. I lay my head on his shoulder and he lays his head onto of mine.
"I love you." He says

"I know." I say grabbing his hand

As were holding hands, I look at Poe's watch, the time read 4:36.
"Do you have your bag packed and ready to go?" I ask.

"Pretty much," Poe says.

"we have to be down at the landing platform in four minutes." I say

Just then Poe jumps up and grabs a bag that's almost empty. He starts packing fast, taking clothes out of his drawers and stuffing it into the bag.
"Remember, you need nice clothes to meet with the counsel in." I say as he goes to the closet and packs more.

"Ok, it's time to go do you have everything?" I say worried that we'll be late because we only have 2 minuets to get down there.

"Ok, yep I got everything, let's go." He says as he picks up bag and puts it around his back.

We walk out of Poe's room and I go over to get my bag, then we rush down the hallway only having a minute to get down there. We see Leia standing there looking at her watch, and looking around, she spots us and we walk over there.
"Right on time." Leia says

"Few, I thought we were gonna be late." I say

"Well let's get you to your ship and get you on your way." She says as she starts walking and we follow her.

We come to a ship, that looks nothing like a Resistance ship.
      "Is that a VCX-100 light freighter?!" Poe asks in amazement.

      "Yes, we needed something that the first order wouldn't detect."she says

      It had a metal body with yellow on some parts of it, there was glass at the top for a gun and in the front for the cockpit.
"I am sending BB-8 with you, and you will need this." She hands me a big block of a yellow metal.

"Gold? Why do we need this?" I ask

      "So we can give it as a gift to the governor." Poe says

      "Oh, okay." I say

      "Do you have everything you need?" Leia asks

      "Yes, I think so" I say  looking at Poe for confirm, he nods at me.

      "Tell the Governor that if there is no alliance there is no peace in the galaxy. We need them to win this war." Leia says

      Poe nods,
      "Well you should get going, may the force be with you." Leia says, and I give her a hug.

      After we let go, and Poe and we walk up into the ship and ship door closes. We walk to the cockpit and Poe sits down in the pilot chair. I sit down next to him in the co pilot chair. I look over at Poe,
"You ready?" I say

"Readier than I'll ever be." He says

Poe directs the ship out of the hangar onto the runway, and soon we speed up and are in the sky making our way to Yavin Four.

A/N
Happy birthday Oscar Isaac!!