Chapter 17

Rey's POV:

      "I have a plan for our date" Poe says

      "Ok, what is it?" I smiling knowing that Poe is nervous.

"Do you want to go and watch the sunset with me tonight?" He asks smiling.

"Sure, that sounds fun!" I say sweetly smiling.

"Great, I'll meet you out here at seven?" He says smiling

      "That works for me, ya know can't really do anything with this leg so." I say joking.

      "Ok, see ya then Rey." He says smiling as he turns back to go into his room.

      I close my door and read the clock, it says 6:22.

"I guess I better start getting ready." I say noticing I don't have a lot of time to get ready.

I start by taking a shower washing off the hospital smell and germs. After getting out of the shower, I wrap a towel around me and go to my closet to find an outfit. I look though the closet, not knowing what to wear. I look through the closet trying on all of my options. I finally pick out a green shirt, with black leggings and boots. (Shown right here)

      I get dressed, and tie my hair up with the towel going to blow dry my hair, and brushing it out

      I get dressed, and tie my hair up with the towel going to blow dry my hair, and brushing it out. I put my hair up in the usual 3 buns. I finally get my hair perfect, leaving 2 little strands of hair down on both sides of my hair. I take one last look in the mirror satisfied, then look at the clock. It reads 6:42. I have some time so I decide to call Dr. Antilles or Maggie. Over the time we became good friends. I never thought of Maggie as just my doctor she's my really good friend too. Hoping that she's not busy I call her up on the portable phone in my room. In a few seconds, I hear the line pickup and Maggie say,
      "Hello?" I hear a familiar voice say.

"Hi Maggie!" I say

"What's up, I haven't talked to you in forever!" She says happily.

       "Well tonight I have a date with Poe, we're going to go watch the sunset." I say

      "Oh! Very romantic." She says jokingly.

      "It should be fun." I say.

      "What time are you two supposed to meet up?" She asked excitedly.

"Seven." I say

"Well it's 6:47 right now, you have a few minutes. Need any last minute advice." She says joking

"I think I'll be fine, so how have you been?" I ask

"Oh ya know the usual treating patients and saving lives." She says

"I mean what about you in general." I say

      "Ya know just peachy, except I miss checking on you every 2 hours." She says

      "Ya, I miss when you would come in too, and you would always give me the update on, you and Dr.Mason." I say laughing.

"Rey, just because... oh would you look at the time. I should probably let you go you have 2 minuets." She says in a joking tone.

"He does like you Maggie, you can't deny it." I say smiling

"Whatever you say, ok talk to you later go have fun on your date." I hear her say enthusiastically before the call ends.

I look at the clock and it says 6:59, one minute, and when the clock turns to twelve I open the door and I see Poe standing there. He smiles when he sees me,
"You ready?" He says smiling.

"Yep." I say smiling.

We start walking down the hallway walking slowly. We keep walking down the now familiar hallways until Poe turns a different way.
      "Where are you going?" I asked.

      "Oh, I have a shortcut we can go." He says smiling

"Oh, ok" I say following him.

      We make our way down the path, until we come to the door and step outside. Walking slower than usual because I'm still getting used to walking with my crutch. We turn right and I see a bunch of trees. It makes me think of the time that Kylo Ren found me and captured me. I quickly shake off the memory though, knowing this night is important to Poe. We approach the forest and walk in. Poe grabs my hand and at first I just see trees, but then I see a beautiful lake with a hill beside it. I walk beside Poe hand in hand as we make our way up the hill and sit down beside each other. We sit beside each other talking and joking, waiting for the sunrise to start until Poe gets a serious look on his face.
"What?" I say smiling

" It's just, do you remember the things I said about how I feel about you?" He says as we face each other holding hands.

"Yes, I do." I say smiling and blushing.

"I still feel that way, I've get that way about you since the first time I met you." He said

"I have too Poe, and whenever I'm with you, I feel something." I say

"So you've felt it too, I thought I was the only one that felt it." He says

"It's a feeling I've never felt before, a feeling where I want to know what you are safe and it makes me think about you all the time." I say tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I feel comfortable when I'm around you and that I can tell you anything or trust you with anything." Poe says smiling softly.

"Poe." I say softly our lips moving closely together.

"Hmm?" He says softly.

"I like, like you too." I say

Before our lips come together Poe kisses me and I kiss back. I hands run through his hair, and he puts his hand on the side of my cheek caressing it. Finally we break apart our foreheads touching.
"You know, if we are just friends this is getting pretty weird." He says smiling.

"Yeah, it kinda is" I say giggling

"So do you want to be more than friends?" He asks with a charming smile on his face.

"I would love that." I say smiling as we turn to watch the sunset.

"But I want to keep it a secret for a while ok?" I say making sure he understands.

"Ok." He says smiling and then stroking the side of my head.

We turn and watch the sunset together. I rest my head on Poe's shoulder and he wraps his arm around me.
"the sunset looks extra beautiful tonight Poe" I say smiling.

"Yeah, but I can see something even more beautiful" Poe says.

"What is that?" I ask.

" You."

we watch the sunset and I feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep feeling safe in Poe's arms.