The Months Leading Up

Third Person P.O.V

Baekhyun walked into the apartment, exhausted. He hung his bag up at the door and took his shoes off. He huffed out a low groan. Month three of art school. The work was getting more and more challenging and tedious, but he loved it. Chanyeol sat on the couch, waiting for Baekhyun to get home. He turned and his face instantly brightened when he saw the smaller come in the door. Baekhyun walked over to where Chanyeol was sitting and plopped down on the couch. He saw Chanyeol quickly ex out of a tab he was on and shut the computer.

"Oh, what are you up to?" Baekhyun pried.

"Nothing." Chanyeol said, looking away. "It's a surprise."

Baekhyun made a pouty face with puppy dog eyes. He crossed his arms and looked up at the taller. Chanyeol looked down at him with a smirk. He kissed Baekhyun's nose and smiled.

"Oh quick question." Chanyeol said. "Do you like gold or silver better?"

"Hmm. Silver." Baekhyun said. "Why?"

"No reason." Chanyeol said smugly before getting up and taking the laptop with him.

He went up the stairs as Baekhyun sat on the couch, confused. Why would Chanyeol be this secretive? Baekhyun asked himself. He decided to go spy on him. He went into the kitchen and got a glass. Then he crept up the stairs and looked for a door with light under it. He finally saw one. He placed the glass up against the door and listened through the other end. He heard Chanyeol talking to someone, probably on the phone.

"Yes. Now and forever." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun gasped lightly, assuming the worst. Was Chanyeol cheating on him? Those were his special words. Did they mean nothing to Chanyeol? Was that just some trick he used on every person he wanted to fuck? Baekhyun was heartbroken.

"Okay. Yes. What time is good for you?" There was a slight pause. "Yes I'm free then. Oh and remember, Baekhyun can't know about it."

Baekhyun tried to hold back the tears. He took the glass away from the door and went back down stairs. He put the glass away and went out to the balcony. He shut the doors behind him and leaned on the banister. The sun was setting and the colours mixed together beautifully. Baekhyun looked out at the sky that only reminded him of his love. His throat hurt from holding back sobs, and his eyes stung from the tears he wouldn't let spill. He tried and tried to swallow his pain. To burry it deep within himself just for now. He took a couple of deep breaths until he couldn't take it anymore. A pained sob escaped him. He took in a shaky breath, trying to tell himself that it was okay. It might not be what I think it is. Baekhyun tried to convince himself.

"Snap our of it Baekhyun." He hit himself in the head with the heel of his hand. "He would never do that to you."

Although he tried and tried to convince himself, a thought kept looming over him like a dark cloud. What if Kyungsoo was right? This thought scared him more than anything. His mind filled with worry. What if Chanyeol kicks me out? What if I have to move back in with Kyungsoo? What will I do for work? How will I pay tuition? I can't make it on my own. Not in the city. Baekhyun started to hum nervously. He tried not to cry as he began to pace back and forth.

He heard a knock on the glass. He looked nervously. Chanyeol stood inside with an expression of worry. He opened the door and peeked in.

"Mind if I join you?" Chanyeol asked, taking a step closer.

Baekhyun tried to hide his obvious tears. He looked down with his arms crossed, his hair falling in his face. He was hunched over slightly, not making eye contact with Chanyeol. Baekhyun was a statue. He didn't move a muscle. Chanyeol kept getting gradually closer. He put a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun flinched at Chanyeol's touch.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chanyeol asked, getting more worried by the second.

"Who were you calling upstairs?" Baekhyun said, keeping his head down.

"I-I can't tell you." Chanyeol said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Fine." Baekhyun said before storming back into the apartment.

He went into his art room and shut the door loudly. He didn't know why he was so mad. He just couldn't control the rage that was boiling up inside him. He growled in frustration and put his hands on his head, doubling over. He tried to suppress the scream that was threatening to release itself. He stood back up, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He threw his hands down and angrily got out a canvas and some paints. The next few days were the same. Baekhyun was distant and Chanyeol was confused. Baekhyun kept pestering Chanyeol to tell him who he had called and why he had called them.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol caught the attention of the smaller.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, showing him he was listening.

"Follow me." Chanyeol said reaching out for Baekhyun's hand.

"Will you tell me who you were calling?" Baekhyun said, keeping his arms crossed.

"All will be explained if you follow me." Chanyeol said, extending his hand a bit more.

Baekhyun hesitated a bit before taking his hand. Chanyeol helped him up and led him to the art room, covering Baekhyun's eyes. He shut the door behind him and uncovered his eyes. The smaller was amazed at what he saw. Little fairy lights lined the tables and walls. The beautiful, lifelike drawings Baekhyun had done since he joined art school laced the walls.

"The reason I was on that phone call was because I was talking to a jeweler." Chanyeol pulled out a little black box. "About this."

Baekhyun immediately had to try to hold back his tears. Chanyeol got down on one knee and opened the box to reveal a beautiful, silver ring. The words Now and Forever engraved on the ring.

"Byun Baekyun. My Baekhyun. I know that this is very sudden. We've only known each other for six months, but I just can't wait any longer. I want to eat with you every day. I want to fall asleep to the angelic beat of your heart every night. I want to wake up next to you every morning. The story of my love for you is a twisted, messed up roller coaster. It's broken and different and at some points, painful. But it's also beautiful, true, and safe... it is yours. I want you to be my today and all of my tomorrows. What I'm trying to say is, I want to marry you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun couldn't help the tears from spilling now. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He tried to stop crying, but the tears kept coming.

"I don't kn-know what to, to say." Baekhyun got out between sniffles.

"Say yes." Chanyeol said, placing he ring on Baekhyun's finger.

"Yes." Baekhyun said, as Chanyeol stood up to kiss him.

"I love you Park Baekhyun." Chanyeol said.

The sound of his new name was music to Baekhyun's ears. He couldn't believe that he was finally going to get that fairytale love story he always read about as a kid.

"Now and forever." Baekhyun said.
_____________________________
A/N:
Hello there all my little readers!!!!!
Yay! It finally happened! I've been waiting to write this chapter for a while now. It's been hard not to spoil it, even though it was pretty obvious that they were eventually going to get engaged. Anyway, how was the chapter? Any comments, suggestions, notes. Well,
Byee!!!
-Liv🐳