Nervous Breakdowns

Chen's Focus (finally)

Chen stood in a dimly lit hallway wondering where he was and why he was there. He looked around curiously, trying to find answers to his various questions. His eyes scanned over the dull, bare walls and the black floors. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a door with light beaming through the space between the bottom of the door and the floor. He walked towards the door cautiously. Chen opened the door slowly, peaking through first to make sure there was no danger on the other side. What he saw surprised him.

The room he stepped into was bright. The walls were a tanish orange colour and the floor was wood. There were many windows in which the flea ting light of sunset shown through. The furniture looked expensive. He didn't know how, but for some reason, Chen felt as though he had been there before. He was startled when a person came into the room. He was suddenly enraged as Baekhyun walked into the room, smiling. Chen balled his hands into fists as he raced over to Baekhyun. He was only about seven steps away, but it felt like seven miles.

"BAEKHYUN!" Chen yelled as he ran.

Just before he could reach Baekhyun, he slammed into something hard. Chen grabbed his nose and doubled over. He hissed in pain. Chen took a few steps back, trying to figure out what just happened. He walked back over cautiously. He reached his hand out and pulled it back quickly when he felt something there. But he couldn't see anything. He placed both hands on the barrier. He tried talking.

"Hey!" Chen yelled.

There was no response.

"HEY!" Chen yelled, much louder this time. Baekhyun still went about his business as if nothing had happened. Baekhyun suddenly looked straight at him. Chen was surprised. He stood there frozen as the blonde stared at him.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said with excitement in his voice.

Chen turned around to see Chanyeol walking into the room, taking off his blazer. At that moment, Chen realized that he could not be seen. That Baekhyun wasn't even looking at him. He was looking beyond him. Chanyeol walked over to Baekhyun and hugged him tightly. Chen looked away. He didn't want to see Chanyeol, the one person he couldn't  get over, love another man.

Chen peeked back up to see Chanyeol kissing Baekhyun. Suddenly, he couldn't control his anger anymore. Chen ran at the two of them, his hands balled into fists as he yelled. He hit the barrier that protected the couple, banging on it with his fist as angry tears spilled from his eyes.

"LOOK AT ME!" Chen screamed as he pounded on the glass. "STOP!"

Chen's sobs increased as Chanyeol and Baekhyun's kiss became more heated and intense. Baekhyun tugged at the hem of Chanyeol's shirt, undoing the buttons. Chen rammed the barrier with his shoulder, trying desperately to get their attention.

"PLEASE!" Chen screamed. "STOP."

"Chen."

Chen jumped back, completely startled by the sound. He looked up in shock.

"CHEN!" The voice sounded worried. "WAKE UP!"
________________________

Chen flew up from his laying position. He looked around the room, breathing heavily. He saw Jongin sitting next to him on a bed, holding his shoulders. He had a worried look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" Chen asked.

"You were yelling in your sleep." Jongin said.

"Why am I here?" Chen asked, looking around the room.