Like a Brother

Caution: This chapter with contain major feels, so grab your favorite blanket and some tissues because this is going to get rough.

Baekhyun's Focus

Baekhyun followed close behind Kyungsoo after looking back at Chanyoul. Right as Baekhyun stepped into the apartment, the door was slammed, almost shutting his head in it in the process. Kyungsoo had slammed the door with all of his force before giving Baekhyun his classic 'I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed' face.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING!?" Kyungsoo yelled angrily.

"I know, I know I'm sorry. I shouldn't have stayed away for so long without calling." Baekhyun said, hanging his head low to make Kyungsoo happy.

"I'M NOT ANGRY ABOUT THAT!" Kyungsoo yelled, clearly still upset about the current situation. "I'M UPSET THAT YOU WERE STRADDLING HIM IN THE FUCKING CAR!!!"

Baekhyung couldn't help but to blush. Just thinking about the sweet yet seductive giant was enough to make him go crazy. "Oh yeah, right. I'm sorry about that too, I guess."

"YOU GUESS!?"

"Well, I'm my own person. I should be able go out with who I want and do what I want with that person."

"I don't even know what to say to that." Kyungsoo placed his hand on his brow bone as if he were a stressed out mother, lecturing her teenage daughter.

Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair in frustration and took a beep breath, trying to calm himself from yelling at his overprotective roommate.

"Kyungsoo. I am an adult. I can make my own decisions, and I can learn from my own mistakes. That doesn't mean that I don't want your help in some situations. It just means that you don't have to baby me."

"I'm not trying to baby you. I just don't want you getting hurt. Chanyeol has a reputation of picking things up and getting bored of them right away after all."

"I won't get hurt. People are wrong about him."

Kyungsoo took a deep breath as if he was preparing himself for something. "Have you two been having sex?"

Baekhyun was taken back by this question. He wasn't prepared to answer a question like this and to be honest he didn't really want to answer it. He didn't want Kyungsoo to worry about him. Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Umm... yeah." Baekhyun laughed nervously.

Kyungsoo stared at him wide eyed. "How long have you two been together?"

Baekhyun looked down and blushed. He knew that his roommate would flip out, but he wanted to be honest with Kyungsoo. "Eight days."

"EIGHT DAYS?!" Kyungsoo yelled. "Baekhyun, what the hell!"

"I knew you would react this way." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Have you even gone on a date with him yet?"

"Not exactly."

"Baekhyun, oh my God." Kyungsoo ran both hands through his hair in frustration. "Okay. Let me get this straight. You met this guy eight days ago, you haven't even gone on a date with him, and you two have already had sex?!"

Baekhyun hung his head low in shame and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah... that about sums everything up."

Baekhyun didn't even want to mention the proposal. He knew it would just make matters worse. For now, since Chanyeol and him broke it off temporarily, he would keep it a secret. Baekhyun didn't look up. Partially because Kyungsoo had freaked out on him and Baekhyun was annoyed at him, but mostly because he was embarrassed. He had never moved into a relationship as quickly as he did with this one. Chanyeol had even asked him to marry him, and Baekhyun had said yes without hesitation. He was so eager to be with Chanyeol that he was willing to jump into the biggest commitment of his life without even getting to know the other person. He had even given parts of himself to Chanyeol that he was very devoted to protecting. His body... and his heart.

Baekhyun could fell his eyes begin to sting from trying to hold back tears, and he felt a lump grow in his throat. His hair was covering his face so that Kyungsoo wouldn't see him in such a venerable state, but he already knew how damaged Baekhyun was. He already knew that Baekhyun felt ashamed that he had given himself up to a total stranger again and again. He knew that Baekhyun needed to be comforted, not shamed.

Silently, tears fell down Baekhyun's face and dripped off of his chin. Baekhyun was surprised at how he was showing his true venerability to Kyungsoo. But he was even more surprised at how he felt small arms wrap around his, now shaking, body. Kyungsoo pulled Baekhyun's head onto his shoulder which was hard, considering that Kyungsoo was a few inches shorter than him.

Baekhyun sobbed into his roommate's shoulder, creating tear stains on his shirt. The blonde hugged back as Kyungsoo rubbed circles in his back to calm him down.

"S-Soo?" Baekhyun said in between sniffles. "I know I've moved really fast into this relationship with Chanyeol,
b-but I still wanna be with him."

"I know you do." Kyungsoo said calmly.

"What should I do?" Baekhyun said with a shaky voice.

"Maybe... get to know the real Chanyeol." Kyungsoo said, lifting up Baekhyun's head so that he was looking him straight in the eyes. "And let him get to know the real you."

"Okay..." Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo hugged the blonde one last time before heading to the kitchen to make dinner.

"Soo?" Kyungsoo turned around to look at Baekhyun. "Thank you... for everything you've done for me."

Kyungsoo could tell that Baekhyun wasn't talking about just now... he was talking about all the time they had spent together. All the times when Kyungsoo would take care of Baekhyun when he was sick, all the times he would set him up on dates and then when they didn't work out, he would comfort him. He was thanking him for loving him. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were like brothers... and they would always be together... no matter what.
________________________
A/N:
Hello there all my little readers!!! The feels are strong with this one. (And yes. I did just make a Star Wars reference towards a chapter in my book.) Speaking of chapters, sorry it took me so long to update this one. I'm a huge procrastinator, you guys probably already know that, though. 😂 Anyway, how was the chapter? Any comments, suggestions, notes? One more thing, feel free to comment if you don't like something in the book or if you guys have any suggestions on what you think should happen. I read all of your guy's comments and I want to hear your honest opinions on how you think the story is going so far. Also, I made the picture for the chapter. Sorry it's really shitty compared to my other ones but whateves. Well,
Byee!!!!!
-Liv🐳