What Really Happened

Baekhyun's Flashback

Baekhyun sat quietly, waiting for the bell to start class. He opened one of his many sketchbooks and got out his favorite pencil. He finished a sketch of one of his friends. Jisue had been his friend since the third grade. They practically lived at each other's houses. She came to all of his events and art competitions. There was no one more supportive of his art than Jisue. Baekhyun was beginning to get worried, though. Jisue had been acting strange lately. She wasn't answering his texts or his calls, she was ignoring him at school, and she didn't want anything to do with him, out of school.

Baekhyun was very worried about her. He cared a lot about her and didn't want anything bad to happen to her. The bell rang, and Baekhyun put his notebook away. The rest of the day went by slowly. Lunch went by as normal. Baekhyun sat with his friends, with the exception of Jisue. For the last few days, she hadn't sat with them. She was sitting at a table across the room with all of the "rebels", glaring at Baekhyun and his friends. The end of the day soon came, and Baekhyun couldn't wait to get home and relax.

He put his notebook in his bag, as well as his other books and papers and headed outside. Considering he lived in the same town as his school, and he had no car, he usually walked home. The late spring air hit him as he walked out of the school. Baekhyun often dressed for winter all year long. It was quite rare that he wore a T-shirts or, god forbid, shorts. He wore skinny jeans and a navy green sweater. He walked along leasurly for a few blocks until he felt a tug on his backpack. He turned around to see Jisue and her new friends. He knew them all well.

Daejung: talks back to teachers, vandalizes property on a weekly basis, likes to bully younger classmates. Kyubok: smokes on school grounds, thinks he's a total womanizer, bullies girls when they reject him. Mina: gets in a lot of fights, wears slutty outfits, piles on makeup. Haewon: all flash and no bang, the brattiest girl you will ever meet, very vain and selfish. Jisue: very kind, would never hurt a fly, has gotten in with the wrong crowd.

They all glared at Baekhyun, daring him to test them. Baekhyun was not in the mood to play any of their games, at the moment. He kept his composure, gave them a questioning look, and waited for one of them to speak.

"I heard a rumor about you the other day." Jisue said, sulking at the raven haired boy.

"Okay?" Baekhyun was slightly confused. "What was it?"

"I heard that you're a faggot." Jisue said.

Baekhyun didn't let it show but that word hurt him. He had been called that before, but he never expected one of his friends to say it. He decided to correct her.

"Do you mean gay?" He asked

"Whatever. Is it true?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes." Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun had known he was gay for about two years when he started fantasizing about guys at his school. He was just now coming out to everyone at school.

"How could a guy have feelings for another guy? It's not right!" Jisue raised her voice.

"That's just your opinion." Baekhyun kept his cool.

"I bet he draws pictures of the people he wants to fuck." Kyubok said, with a smirk.

"N-no I don't!" Baekhyun raised his voice in defense.

"He's getting real defensive. Think that proves something?" Haewon taunted.

Baekhyun growled and furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. He squeezed the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. "Look. Yes I am gay but no I do not draw pictures of people I want to have sex with. I mean that's just weird."