A Fate Worse Than Death

Caution: This chapter will be very angsty and will be filled with the feels... so yeah. Also The video above is a song by EDEN called Wake Up. In my opinion, it is best to listen to this song while you are reading the chapter.(You may have to play it a few times. Sorry) Enjoy!
-Liv🐳

Chanyeol's Focus

Chanyeol just sat on the floor of his office, crying. He had never cried this hard in his life. He tried to pray again, but his sobs were too strong for him to even form words. Tears stung his eyes. He had been crying for what felt like hours. Chanyeol cursed himself for not being more careful to not get caught with Baekhyun, he cursed himself for even being with Baekhyun.

"No!" Chanyeol said outloud. Baekhyun... Chanyeol's eyes widened for a moment. "Is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

This didn't stop Chanyeol, however, from grabbing the bottle of vodka that he kept in his desk for some reason. The bottle had never been opened. With tears still streaming down his face, Chanyeol opened the bottle and brought it to his lips. He took a swig from the bottle and swallowed, the burning sensation filling his throat as the harsh liquid ran into his stomach. He took another swig and another and another.

Chanyeol started to get dizzy. His vision began to fade in and out with every gulp of vodka. The pain he had felt earlier started to fade as the alcohol entered his system. Suddenly, everything around him seemed funny. His desk chair. Once a normal object of his everyday life, was now the funniest thing in the room. It now, for some reason, seemed like such a weird shaped object that caused Chanyeol to laugh out loud.

The sobs that were being emitted from Chanyeol just a few moments ago were now replaced with wheezy laughter. He didn't even know why he felt so upset a few minutes ago. He wasn't thinking clearly. All judgment and reason was thrown out the window as Chanyeol grabbed his car keys and headed for the door of his office. He didn't know, nor did he care, where he was going, but he knew that he wanted to get out of the building.

Chanyeol stumbled to the door of his office. He was completely shitfaced. He fumbled with the door knob for a few seconds before he finally got it open. Jaeun sat at her office looking through e-mails when Chanyeol walked past her desk.

"Sir?" Jaeun stood up from her desk and grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder, in an attempt to stop him.

Chanyeol looked at her and smiled weakly. He was way to drunk to hide it. He shook off her hand and continued to the elevator.

"Sir." Jaeun said, this time a little louder.

Chanyeol looked over at her in irritation. "What the hell do you want?"

"Are you drunk?!" Jaeun asked.

All conversations that had been going on before stopped. All heads turned to look at Chanyeol, eyeing him with disgust for being drunk at work. Chanyeol just looked in the other workers' general direction and gave them all death glares. Jaeun walked over to Chanyeol and walked him to the elevator, getting in with him as well. Chanyeol struggled a bit, trying to avoid her grasp and get to a different elevator. The last thing he wanted right now was to be with people. As soon as the doors were closed, Jaeun let out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that." Her voice was calm and collected. "I just needed to speak to you in private."

Chanyeol hummed in response, snickering slightly at his own reflection in the mirrors that lined the walls of the elevator.

"Where are we going?" Chanyeol asked childishly.

"I'm taking you to Baekhyun's where you will stay until you're sober. Then I'm coming back to the office." Jaeun said.